Hacking MoonShell... how do I do it

Max8987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it installed on my gateway blue card... but I can't seem to figure out how to make it play music.... It won't play my flacs for some reason and it crashes when trying to play a DIVX format movie....

Do I have to convert my flacs to mp3s and my movies to DPG??? i thought the whole point of the moonshell was to go around that...

jimmie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it installed on my gateway blue card... but I can't seem to figure out how to make it play music.... It won't play my flacs for some reason and it crashes when trying to play a DIVX format movie....

Do I have to convert my flacs to mp3s and my movies to DPG??? i thought the whole point of the moonshell was to go around that...

To be honest, you might be better off using nintendo 3ds sound application, it supports both acc and mp3 files. It also allows you to change the pitch and tempo of a song and add in several interesting effects. Moonshell supports flac files but the sound quality is not as good as you might expect from a flac file, i.e sound distortion...
Yeah, it only plays dpg files. Again, the video quality is also horrible due to low resolution. I'd suggest you use nintendo built-in video application to play videos, you have to use a software to convert the video you want to watch and the converted files are quite large in size but if you have a large sd card i think it'd be fine.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to play FLAC out of a 3DS, though? My opinion is that you'll only really notice an increase in quality if the hardware supports it. The 3DS' sound, although good for games, is not really made for music as high in quality as what you'll get out of an FLAC file. In these cases, you're better off saving the extra space and going V0 MP3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself