Moonshell freezes

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Jeckena, Apr 17, 2010.

Apr 17, 2010

Moonshell freezes by Jeckena at 10:07 PM (2,195 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Jeckena
    OP

Newcomer Jeckena Newbie

United States
    I just recently got a acekard 2i and am having some trouble using moonshell 2.10. Whenever i play videos if i try to fast foward, stop, or do anything the whole thing freezes. Then when i boot moonshell back up it just starts playing the video from where it froze. I can't figure out how to get back to the main menu of moonshell without just doing a fresh install of it. Is this just a flaw with the video player or is there something im missing?

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    It might have something to do with the .dpg file, since I have never heard of Moonshell2 causing problems. Check the .dpg format that your file has and make sure it isn't dpg3 (if anything, its always best to have dpg4 format). You can check by going into the Misctools in the dpgtools folder of download.

As for getting out of the video, you could possibly try pressing B rapidly while moonshell2 is loading the video in hopes of exiting before it gets to the video (I think I have done that before, but in an earlier revision of Moonshell2). Otherwise, it would be easiest to just overwrite the files in the internal folder and the moonshl2 folder (not the other folders in the moonshl2 folder) with a fresh download (or your current download if it isn't a backup of your microsd).

3. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    MSHL2 doesn't support older versions of the dpg format. Use the latest encoder possible.

4. Jeckena
    OP

Newcomer Jeckena Newbie

United States
    As you suspected it was that i was using an older format of dpg. DPG2 and DPG4 work fine. The problem is the converter that comes with moonshell2 doesn't properly work with most of the videos i have. It just says "the audio stream was not able to be aquired" and then stops for most of them. What formats exactly does dpgtools support? Most of my stuff is in avi, mkv, and mp4. If need b i could just convert to intermediate form then use dpgtools or if anyone knows of a better converter for dpg4?

5. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    use the DPGtools from the moonshell version 2.11 beta. It works like a charm.
    Another good converter is SUPER, but i've got very little experience with that one.

6. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    You could possibly try out the new online dpg converter that says it supports .dpg4 format [link].
    I've never personally tried it, but it might be worth a shot.

7. Jeckena
    OP

Newcomer Jeckena Newbie

United States
    Yea i tried SUPER but has problems with my videos too. thnx for the suggestion tho. Im trying downgrading quality so it should work then; i think. Most of my vids r in like mp4 container h.264 codec with aac audio 6 channel at 1920x1080 res if that helps at all

8. Jeckena
    OP

Newcomer Jeckena Newbie

United States
    I've found Imtoo works just fine for what im trying to do. Thanks for the help everyone.