Moonshell folder problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by dukemagus, Apr 21, 2010.

Apr 21, 2010

Moonshell folder problem by dukemagus at 4:46 AM (1,276 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dukemagus
    OP

Member dukemagus GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    oh well... looks like doing things (more or less) right don't gave results... i have posted this question in the faq topic with no luck...

well, let me try to create a topic asking (begging) for help then...

copypasting my post on the FAQ topic...

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I guess you never got an answer because no-one had any idea how to get around your problem

But out of curiosity - HOW are you naming the sub folders/tracks etc ?? Can you give examples

e.g.
    • /Music/MJ/This is It 01_03_10/Track01.mp3.. Track02.mp3 ....
      /Music/MJ/History 11_06_09/Track 01.mp3... Track02.mp3 ...
      /Music/MJ/Bad 16_04_08/Track01.mp3.. Track02.mp3 ..
    or
    • /Music/MJ/01_03_10 This is it/01Track.mp3 ... 02Track.mp3 .....
      /Music/MJ/11_06_09 History/01Track.mp3.. 02Track.mp3 .....
      /Music/MJ/16_04_08 Bad/01Track.mp3.. 02Track.mp3 ....
    Or some other way ???

It might give a better idea what MIGHT be happening

3. env

Member env GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Oh well, where're those "Helpfule Tempers" out there? XD This is a same problem as mine back then when I still have DS. [​IMG]

Edit: [​IMG] @ foddr

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I totally have no way of answering because I don't have a working DS (and I have never been able to use the newer versions of moonshell2 with that feature either TT-TT).

5. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    OK - Now back home & actually been experimenting to try & solve this
    Took a while before I figured out HOW to play multiple subfolders in a folder - but found mine is even weirder than 'dukemagus'

When I do this - it plays the music tracks and the Folders in the right order BUT it misses the first folder & starts on the second one instead

Here's my [test] folder layout
    & no the music used is NOT because I'm a fan of them - it's just that I recently did some CD's for someone who is)
    When I play folder contents of '/MP3/Abba/' (Right Trigger + {A} ) it played them in this order
    Now I've even tried placing the 'year' @ the end: e.g. 'Abba Gold - 1992' instead of '1992 - Abba Gold' but it doesn't make a difference

I then added a new folder/track to the '/Abba/' one, retried & it played the newly added track first THEN repeated as above
    - so it's got me thinking it might be down to the order you copy the music over (I had originally 'group copied' the folders over)

So I deleted all the music from the MSD - then copied over the albums back individually in 'Year' order ('1992' then '1993' then '1994')

Guess what - it NOW plays 'Abba Gold' > 'More Abba Gold' > 'Thank You...' in the correct order of 'Oldest' first to 'newest'

So there you have it 'dukemagus' - a possible solution..... give it a try & see what happens (& let us know the results)
    • Copy your music folders onto the MSD INDIVIDUALLY in the order you want them to play

6. Xenon++

Member Xenon++ Taiju Yamada

Japan
    Now that you have copied folders, you can
    1.make temporary folder and move all folders into it
    2.move all folders in temp back to original folder one by one in order of the names

#Actually mshl2wrap(Link Launcher) uses this technique to make sure nds.mshl2wrap.nds is in the first entry of /moonshl2/extlink/