Moonshell Exit to Firmware not working

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Iterator, May 25, 2009.

May 25, 2009
  1. Iterator
    OP

Newcomer Iterator Newbie

Canada
    Not really sure where to put this, either Homebrew or DSTT.

I have a genuine DSTT and Moonshell 2.0 stable and when I use the option Exit Moonshell, both screens just turn white and nothing happens. I have to shut off and turn on the DS.

I have done the following things and still same problem:
    -Copied TTMENU.DAT to moonshl2/resetmse, renamed to TTMENU.nds
    -Set Soft-Reset in DSTT options
    -Reformatted card using Panasonic formatter
    -Verified that ttio.nds is in moonshl2/resetmse

At the DSTT rom list I load TTMENU.NDS, firmware loads itself.
    I then load TTIO.nds (by default comes with Moonshell), get both screens turn white and nothing happens.
    I then replace TTIO.nds with TTMENU.dat renamed to TTIO.nds, both screen turn white and nothing happens.

I am not really sure what is wrong. I think I've tried it all. To my knowledge this started happening after a certain beta revision. I am running the current DSTT firmware revision.

2. TornZero

Member TornZero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Different things happen with the R4DS. It just has a small box that says "R4DS.NDS not found". The only thing for DSTT & R4DS to do is a hard reset. You can't soft reset successfully through Moonshell 2.00 with those 2 carts as far as I know.

3. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I believe Moonlight actually did make a soft reset file for the DSTT except I'm not sure where you can find it.

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    i'm pretty sure there's a soft reset file for DSTT in latest MoonShell 2 download, called TTIO.nds, and that's waht it must be called. Not sure exactly where in the download, but look for it and you'll find it.

5. Iterator
    OP

Newcomer Iterator Newbie

Canada
    There is TTIO.nds in the resetmse folder, but it doesn't work. Just goes to a white screen exiting Moonshell and loading it directly in DSTT.

6. personager

Member personager GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Rename the "TTMENU.DAT" to "TTMENU.NDS" (all in capitals withouth the "") and put it in the "resetmse" folder. I did exactly that and it works for me.

Here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=148...p;#entry1911192 take a look at this

Posts merged

Rename the "TTMENU.DAT" to "TTMENU.NDS" (all in capitals withouth the "") and put it in the "resetmse" folder. I did exactly that and it works for me.

Here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=148...p;#entry1911192 take a look at this

If that still doesn't work, try turning soft reset off

7. personager

Member personager GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Sorry for the broken link. Here's the correct one
    Correct link

8. linoul

Newcomer linoul Member

China
  9. Iterator
    OP

Newcomer Iterator Newbie

Canada
    Thanks it works now, but for some reason the bottom screen goes black while the top one turns white and it stays like that for slightly more than 5 seconds, then boots into DSTT. But it works, wonder what got changed in Moonshell though, was working until a few beta releases past.