Hacking Moonshell 2 on Akaio 1.5

Vietkid420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Acekard 2i with Akaio 1.5! Everytime I tried to get Moonshell 2 to work on my Acekard 2i, I get a error message right after picking the language. So how do I put Moonshell 2 and the new ones on my Acekard 2i! I dont want to do the Direct-Boot (Auto-Boot) Method! I just want to click the .nds file and it loads perfectly and play movies!

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's something you must do wrong because i'm using it without problems.
I first formated using SDformater then i installed AKAIO 1.6 rc2.
After that, I dowloaded Moonshell 2.10final and installed it ("Moonshl2" folder in the micro SD root and "Moonshl2.nds" in a folder name homebrews).

Everything works fine for me after doing that.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I also don't have any trouble - although I usually install Moonshell 2.1 FIRST then install AKAIO after formatting

What's the error message ?? that might help

Have you tried deleting the 'LogBuf.txt' file - I found earlier versions of Moonshell locked up if that file existed

Quick question - are you using the language select from within Moonshell - or using the PC version of languageselect.exe ??

I usually use the PC version - mainly because the earlier versions of the DS program didn't work right

Also what size MicroSD are you using ? - I've recently found out that there is/was a problem with moonshell and 16Gb cards (Moonshell ver

Vietkid420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jak larnak said:
After that, I dowloaded Moonshell 2.10final and installed it ("Moonshl2" folder in the micro SD root and "Moonshl2.nds" in a folder name homebrews).

i dont want to install a new program can i just format it with my computer! what format should i pick FAT or Fat32

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Vietkid420 said:
jak larnak said:

i dont want to install a new program can i just format it with my computer! what format should i pick FAT or Fat32
It is better to use the panasonic formatter - Windows apparently don't format MicroSD card 'properly'

If you are that worried about installations - there's a 'portable' version of the panasonic formatter that you can unzip & run without it needing to be installed

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With SDformater set options to "full format (erase off)" and "size adjustement off" then click format and you're done. (It's a "smart" program, it will automatically set the FAT and clusters to your micro SD specifications).

For AKAIO 1.6 rc2, I gave you the link in my first post.

jlsyber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
I also don't have any trouble - although I usually install Moonshell 2.1 FIRST then install AKAIO after formatting

What's the error message ?? that might help

Have you tried deleting the 'LogBuf.txt' file - I found earlier versions of Moonshell locked up if that file existed

Quick question - are you using the language select from within Moonshell - or using the PC version of languageselect.exe ??

I usually use the PC version - mainly because the earlier versions of the DS program didn't work right

Also what size MicroSD are you using ? - I've recently found out that there is/was a problem with moonshell and 16Gb cards (Moonshell ver

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
kleptodathief said:
which movie files/codecs does moonshell support? ts.xvid crashes
Moonshell support .dpg files for video.
You can convert your .xvid with dpgtools (there's other programs to do it, just google "dpg convert")

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SG854 @ SG854: For $30 bucks I would expect top tier quality emulation not this crappy version we got