jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@GokuSoul: No problem. Its not as if I was really doing anything though lol. I just happen to know where it was (after taking a quick look).

@Ran196: Yeah, reformatting the microSD seems to fix almost all of the unknown and obscure problems of moonshell 2 lol.

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My moonshell won't load homebrew ROMs. I use YSmenu and the homebrew ROM is R4DLDI'd. Can someone help me?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the extlink for the ysmenu? Just place it in the extlink folder in the moonshl2 folder.
QUOTE said:
Linoul's YSloader for MoonShell 2 = http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5030
-If not for this, this wouldn't be possible. Much thanks to linoul. \o/
-This is the general YSloader to be used as a plugin to make YSMenu load games directly. Use this unless it doesn't work, or your flashcart/firmware is said to use a different loader.

Unneon's Alternate YSloader = http://www.easy-share.com/1904954428/Unneon
-Alternate YSloader; reportedly faster than linoul's.
-Also includes an "Exit To Firmware" file that you may rename to what your soft-reset file may be, corresponding to your flashcart. It loads YSMenu.
-Reported not to work on DSTT 1.17. (Apparently doesn't work with 8GB MicroSDs, in general)
-According to helpwitr4, this loader removes errors when loading certain ROMs.

Scenttii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boy, do I feel like a moron. Ha ha, I guess the audio only works through the audio jack, which is pretty awesome. :3 No more accidental slips of the wire and thinking I'm hearing voices in my head while my DS plays in my pocket.

Loving the skins by the way. ;3

ShadowValentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowValentine said:
I've formatted it using the Panasonic Formatter, now I can access Moonshell 2. But I can't play one specific file so far, one of my music files. There's nothing wrong with the file itself; I tested it with Moonshell 1, which I run off Moonshell.nds. Is something wrong?

Also, what does each option in the Panasonic Formatter do?

Can anyone help me with this?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, if only one of your music files can't play, why not just redownload a new one o.0? Moonshell and Moonshell 2 are pretty much completely different other than being revolutions to the DS homebrew community lol.
As for the Panasonic Formatter, I don't really think anyone cares much more than to reformat their card and thus don't know much about it (I'm one of those people).

env

Trophies
XP
Country
uh, no updates here?
huh.gif
wheres KingdomBlade? busy playing pokemon? studying? etc.. lol
laugh.gif

env

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, thats why he's leaving for 358/2 days, lol.. I hope he'll comeback soon.
bro please update your retro skin, I really like it.

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
benjaminlibl said:
env said:
bro please update your retro skin, I really like it.
Yes.. Seconded.

sorry guys... i never touched the gbatemp retro skin since i released the beta version.. i need adobe illustrator to finished that one(can't install illustrator in linux OS) so I'll change back to windows xp and i'll start working on that one tom...
yaynds.gif

Daiei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is really noob, but how do you make the side panel come up with the pause/next buttons? Like shown below...

simplenormal.png

Barkode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of questions after having used moonshell original until now - I skimmed through and they may be answered here somewhere in the previous 17 pages but I didn't see them.

1. Can the progress bar be made selectable like in the original instead of being on the top screen? It helps with long files.

2. Is there some way to play music with the DS closed? This is pretty much essential since I can't fit an open DS in my pocket.

I guess if the answer to both of these is no I'll just go back to the original.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@Barkode:
1. The progress bar for music can't be made selectable (although videos have a selectable progress bar) because Moonlight put in seeking instead and dropped the selectable bar.
Code:
R+Left or Right: Seek Back/Forward by 1%
R+Up or Down: Seek Back/Forward by 5%
R Double Tap+Hold: Seek Forward 1%
L Double Tap then Hold: Seek Backward 1%

2. Moonshell 2 can play both music and videos while closed (you have to select an option for videos, but music just keeps playing when the screen is closed). The audio output is from the audio jack when the DS screen is closed (so you need headphones).

In other words, both of those are very possible but just done a little differently.

Chevreuse

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I believe it may be just me because from the symptoms I've searched, none has really turned up a solution for me.

I've been using Moonshell 1.71 but I decided to go for the new version. Anyway, I downloaded Moonshell 2.05. Ok, so I've just followed the set-up, put the necessary files in my microSD. Moonshell 2 does what it's supposed to do, play music and all but when I manually choose to play a music file (mp3), Moonshell just freezes for about 10-15 seconds then resumes playing what I chose. I tried it on both the Acekard 2i (using 8GB Class 6 and a 2GB) and the R4 (using 2GB) and it gives the same results. Tried the other versions of Moonshell 2, still the same results.

Long term short: When I choose a music, 1.71 instantly plays it while 2 freezes for a while then plays the music just fine.

I'll provide more info if it's not enough for troubleshooting.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Chevreuse said:
I believe it may be just me because from the symptoms I've searched, none has really turned up a solution for me.

I've been using Moonshell 1.71 but I decided to go for the new version. Anyway, I downloaded Moonshell 2.05. Ok, so I've just followed the set-up, put the necessary files in my microSD. Moonshell 2 does what it's supposed to do, play music and all but when I manually choose to play a music file (mp3), Moonshell just freezes for about 10-15 seconds then resumes playing what I chose. I tried it on both the Acekard 2i (using 8GB Class 6 and a 2GB) and the R4 (using 2GB) and it gives the same results. Tried the other versions of Moonshell 2, still the same results.

Long term short: When I choose a music, 1.71 instantly plays it while 2 freezes for a while then plays the music just fine.

I'll provide more info if it's not enough for troubleshooting.
Wow I have never heard that before lol (then again, I haven't really heard very many problems regarding moonshell 2). Probably the most unhelpful repeated line (at least that is what I think), but have you tried reformatting your microSD and using fresh files? Generally somehow that seems to fix like half of the strange things that happen regarding moonshell 2 (and hopefully will fix your problem).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)