Homebrew moonshell 2 beta 5 skins?

CetraProductions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just downloaded moonshell 2 beta 5 and i want to change the skin of it since it's such a bland color. i'm assuming that the files are SKN files? well i have no idea what those are so i was wondering if there was a simple way to throw an image into a converter or something and make it a SKN file

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The process isn't so simple because you have to edit many different images and compile them into one skin file.

There is a skin tool included with the Moonshell 2 package, along with skin source files. You'll have to edit each source file individually if you want to make a skin.

I've asked a friend if he would be willing to make skins for Moonshell 2, so if he comes through, we'll be seeing some more skins in the near future.

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If only I knew...
It'd be cool if ndsthemes.com started on Moonshell 2 though
happy.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not as ideal as skinning, but a simpler solution for prettying up Moonshell is to use a wallpaper.

A good 256 x 460 image does the trick, if you set it to account for gap between screens.
Not accounting for screengap, then use 256 x 384.

wallg.png
->
moonshellpreview.png

Just load the image in moonshell and press start, it'll apply it was your new wallpaper.
You can also press Select when displaying an image to set transparency for your wallpaper, or screen gap settings.

By the way, who'd have though Moonshell can open PSD files?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
On the topic... is there any way to unpack .skn files?I remember someone asking this same question about Sakura skins on the M3 Adapter forum. I believe that someone said that unpacking the skins would require some knowledge of Delphi. Although this question has been asked multiple times before, it seems that one has figured out how to unpack a .skn file, unfortunately.
QUOTE(RupeeClock @ Mar 19 2009, 12:03 AM) By the way, who'd have though Moonshell can open PSD files?
It says so on the changelog
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM