XP
Country
Argentina
bellababy said:
R4
Here are instructions for R4 users: http://www.ds-xtra.com/MoonShell2

QUOTEHow to install Moonshell2 on R4

Method for start with R4.

* 'Moonshl2.nds' is started by the file list. It is a left button.
* When 'moonshl2.nds' is renamed into' DEFAULT.NDS ', MoonShell2 is always started.
* When 'moonshl2.nds' is renamed into' _DS_MSHL.nds', it starts from the button at the centre. Please note that the filename is case-sensitive; .NDS will not work.

To enable soft reset with R4

* copy the soft reset file from moonshell 1.xx.
* paste it to the moonshl2\resetmse folder and rename it as 'r4tf.nds'.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bellababy said:
Would someone be willing to give me instruction on how to get this to work on a new card? I can't seem to get it to work.1). Copy files to the root (base directory) of your card
2). Run moonshl2.nds

WiiBricker said:
bellababy said:
R4
Here are instructions for R4 users: http://www.ds-xtra.com/MoonShell2

How to install Moonshell2 on R4

Method for start with R4.

* 'Moonshl2.nds' is started by the file list. It is a left button.
* When 'moonshl2.nds' is renamed into' DEFAULT.NDS ', MoonShell2 is always started.
* When 'moonshl2.nds' is renamed into' _DS_MSHL.nds', it starts from the button at the centre. Please note that the filename is case-sensitive; .NDS will not work.

To enable soft reset with R4

* copy the soft reset file from moonshell 1.xx.
* paste it to the moonshl2\resetmse folder and rename it as 'r4tf.nds'.
Those instructions are for original R4 (and it's clones) software.
Renaming it to DEFAULT.NDS and _DS_MSHL.nds won't work with Wood or a card that doesn't use the original R4's menu/a copy of the R4's menu (and even won't work on some fakes that do use a copy of the menu since they locked the Moonshell to the menu).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
1). Copy files to the root (base directory) of your card
2). Run moonshl2.nds
Only thing I can add, "copy files" is referring to the moonshl2 folder and for R4 and some other flashcarts, it may be required to use the alternate moonshell2 loader (usually I would refer to Taiju's...but I can't really do that anymore) because those said flashcarts sometimes do not play the audio of music and videos with the regular loader.

-edit-
If you are getting an error like that, you need to just place a _DS_Menu.dat into the root of your microSD (should be included in WoodR4).

bellababy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok let's see if I can get this. I'm really not dumb lol. I just haven't done it in a long time and I can't even remember which version I used on the original card.

bellababy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so using the link you gave me for it, I downloaded it and did the set up and this is exactly what shows up on the cards main directory:

DUSTBOX(Folder)
moonshl2(folder)
moonshl2_backup20101206-210522(folder)
moonshl2.nds
moonshl2_altloader_dkpr27.nds
moonshl2_directboot.nds

Where do I get the _ds_menu.dat?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Moonlight released an update to the child zwai version : http://twitter.com/#...408683015766018

I just uploaded it to filetrip : http://filetrip.net/...ate-f28755.html

Translated Readme.txt :

MoonShell Ver 2.10 for child zwai update file.

How to update :
Overwrite moonshl2.nds and moonshl2 folder.
If you use moonshell2 as primary firmware, use files in DLDIPAtchedFiles.

Warning ! :
Don't overwrite to other moonshell2 version than 2.10childzwai; otherwise you will see strange behavior.

How to check the version :
Push the START button while in the file list, if you can read “MoonShell Ver 2.10 for child zwai May 4 2", it's fully updated.

What's new:
Bug fixed : the DPG file hangs near the end during playback.
Bug fixed : the implementation of the touch panel combination command (can not seek in the long press).
Added: DPG File now can be played on bottom screen. Please refer to moonshl2_DPGOption.ini.
Original Readme.txt :

MoonShell Ver 2.10 for child zwai 用のアップデートファイルです。

・アップデートの仕方
moonshl2.ndsと、moonshl2フォルダを上書きコピーしてください。
標準のファームウェアを経由せずに直接起動している場合は、DLDIPatchedFilesフォルダ内のファイルをうまいことなんとかしてください。

・注意!
child zwai 以外のバージョンに上書きするとピンチです。
SDが壊れたりファームが起動しなくなったりはしませんが、MS2の挙動がおかしくなるでしょう。
そのときは、child zwai のインストールからやり直して下さい。

・バージョン確認の仕方
ファイルリストでSTARTボタンを押して、画面上に「MoonShell Ver 2.10 for child zwai May 4 2」と出ていればアップデート完了です。

・アップデート内容
2012/05/04
DPGファイル再生中に、終端付近で異常停止するバグを修正しました。
タッチパネルコンビネーションコマンドの実装バグ(長押しでシークできない)を修正しました。
DPGファイルを下画面で再生するオプションをmoonshl2.iniに追加しました。moonshl2_DPGOption.iniを参照して下さい。

Thanks to jurassicplayer for the heads up. ;)

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
add to moonshl2.ini

Code:
[DPGPlugin]
; 0 = Video to top screen, Controller to bottom screen.
; 1 = Video to bottom screen, Controller to top screen.
SwapScreen=1

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
A quick question is this patch also usable for MoonShell 2.10 Stable release or just MoonShell 2.10childzwai?
cuz i cant get to install the the childzwai version with the installer, always getting the error "....\moonshel2\extlink\textedit\??????????.text" no matter how many times i downlad the installer.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A quick question is this patch also usable for MoonShell 2.10 Stable release or just MoonShell 2.10childzwai?
cuz i cant get to install the the childzwai version with the installer, always getting the error "....\moonshel2\extlink\textedit\??????????.text" no matter how many times i downlad the installer.
Check this filetrip link : http://filetrip.net/...ers-f12849.html
And no, you can't use the 2.10 stable with this update as said in the readme.txt.

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks for ur quick reply, but even when i exchange the original for the one u link stil getting the same error. Another possibilitie to make the installer work correctly? The file wich makes the installation fail is this 予測変換辞書の記号リスト.txt and this is the route D:\NDS\201008312320_moonshell210childzwai\moonshl2\extlink\TextEdit, can i rename it to make it work? if so ow should i rename it? Maybe i need to intall the asian font to make the installer work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1