Homebrew MoonShell 2.04 Complete as Supercard/SDHC Firmware

em2241992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished a complete simple pack for using MoonShell 2.04 as a working Supercard/SDHC firmware. All that has to be done is extract it to the root of the MicroSD memory card. I have included a Readme.txt with all the needed info and credits to everyones programs and add-ons that contributed to making this pack.
So far I have no issues except I can't seem to boot TTMenu at the moment, but it won't affect anything. Everything is up to date, and everything else works so far.

Here are the download links: SDHC and Non-SDHC

Go Here for any MoonShell related issues you may have, as well as skins, wallpapers, etc.

Any questions or concerns please ask here, private message me or comment on the download pages, enjoy!

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
em2241992 said:
I just finished a complete simple pack for using MoonShell 2.04 as a working Supercard/SDHC firmware. All that has to be done is extract it to the root of the MicroSD memory card. I have included a Readme.txt with all the needed info and credits to everyones programs and add-ons that contributed to making this pack.
So far I have no issues except I can't seem to boot TTMenu at the moment, but it won't affect anything. Everything is up to date, and everything else works so far.

Here are the download links: SDHC and Non-SDHC

Go Here for any MoonShell related issues you may have, as well as skins, wallpapers, etc.

Any questions or concerns please ask here, private message me or comment on the download pages, enjoy!
does it wprk on the dsonei? if not can u try to make it work?

em2241992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
does it wprk on the dsonei? if not can u try to make it work?
I am not sure, try to see if the Bliss triple loader will work on the DSOnei, then I have to make sure moonshell and YSMenu works on it, I don't own a dsonei or a DSi so I can't really be certain.

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Certainly sounds interesting,
Ive been on the fence with whether or not to buy a supercard for my NDSL.
Im actually getting more inclined to buying one after each use of my EDGE card >.> such a piece of junk. (Liked my original R4 better)

So do commercial roms boot through the firmware?

Feature wise how is it? *Im guessing none*

em2241992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dueler said:
Certainly sounds interesting,
Ive been on the fence with whether or not to buy a supercard for my NDSL.
Im actually getting more inclined to buying one after each use of my EDGE card >.> such a piece of junk. (Liked my original R4 better)

So do commercial roms boot through the firmware?

Feature wise how is it? *Im guessing none*
Well I just compiled it, I did not make it. It has all the basic features of MoonShell and boots roms using the YSMenu. As for the Supercard firmware, you can opt to run that as well, which has pretty good features, the only real down side in my opinion is its a pain to add cheats, and its cheat interface could be nicer, other than that the real time saves, real time cheats, multisave and near perfect compatability is a nice thing. This is all from my use, I so far have had little to no issues with my supercard, and have had it for around 2 years now.

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
He said it boots through YSMenu.

Mhm, well uno what i think ill get a supercard now.
I don't cheat in my games, Unless its a game fix cheat and im sure i can go through the trouble every now and again for those ones.

P.S: Anyone know where i can get a BLACK Supercard DSone (NDSL) for roughly the same price as on dealexteme/focalprice. ($19 Free postage) I don't mind paying a little extra but if its quite a bit more ill just get a white one.
Not really liking the idea of having a panda DSL xD

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just remember that if you bundle YSmenu with your firmware thing, the creator is gonna get pissed as he doesn't want his work redistributed.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Dueler said:

I don't cheat in my games, Unless its a game fix cheat and im sure i can go through the trouble every now and again for those ones.

P.S: Anyone know where i can get a BLACK Supercard DSone (NDSL) for roughly the same price as on dealexteme/focalprice. ($19 Free postage) I don't mind paying a little extra but if its quite a bit more ill just get a white one.
By the time I pressed add reply he had not replied yet so I couldn't have actually seen his post. Anyway, the only way to have moonshell boot games from the scds firmware is by writing some sort of application for moonshell's extlink and stuff...

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between the sdhc and the non-sdhc versions? What was done to get
differing compatibilities? What software is requiring different versions? Is it YSmenu or TT?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

em2241992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dueler said:

If a supercard is black its the non-SDHC version, and to answer whats the difference between SDHC and non-SDHC is the fact SDHC can use memory cards over 2gb in size and they both use a different firmware so it is necessary to split the software like i did.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea if sdhc vs. non-sdhc would have an effect on a dsonei. I'm not using this guide, but on another guide for the onei one person can run roms from moonshell with his guide and at least 2 of us can't. Just trying to figure out what is causing the issue. Thanks for the reply.

em2241992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
Any idea if sdhc vs. non-sdhc would have an effect on a dsonei. I'm not using this guide, but on another guide for the onei one person can run roms from moonshell with his guide and at least 2 of us can't. Just trying to figure out what is causing the issue. Thanks for the reply.
Well the idea of SDHC and non-SDHC would definitely apply because this is not meant for DSOnei at all, if you can figure out if the bliss triple loader works on the DSOnei, I will set one up for DSOnei, if not you would have to run it as a regular application

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, like I said I wasn't using this guide, just trying to sort things out on another guide that worked for some, but not others. It looks like its all cleared up now and SC DSonei users will be able to autoboot to moonshell2 and load commercial roms.

desolator88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno why you would wanna run moonshell as the primary. scdsonei's firmware works well especially for rom patching. to run movies/audio ive just got moonshell 2.04 that i load. works like a charm every time and you dont need ysmenu unless u wanna load back to the sc firmware from moonshell...

D

Deleted-119707

warbird said:
Just remember that if you bundle YSmenu with your firmware thing, the creator is gonna get pissed as he doesn't want his work redistributed.

exactly. can you remove it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4