Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Moonshell 1.7 Beta

Out now

Infantile Paralysiser rolls a much anticipated, major update to moonshell. The ARM 7 code has been optimized, graphical interface, support of much more flashcards thanks to integrated DLDI drivers, many improvements over previous version & much much more. With this update, moonshell goes version 1.7 beta.

moonshell.png

Changelog:
(Version 1.7 beta0 : 2007/03/04)

• Ver1.7beta0 doesn't change excluding the DPG decoding at all.
    Please copy the NDSROM file for adaptor onto media that have installed Version1.6.
  • The DPG video decoder do speed-up.
    OGG was supported with DPG audio. (Only very low bit rate.)
download.gif
Moonshell version 1.7 Beta0

icon11.gif
Homepage

cheesyPOOF5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So this is just a replacement for the 1.6 binary? I tried running it and the bottom screen got screwed up like crazy and then it crashed. Well, I guess unstables really DOES mean unstable.
wink.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I have a SupercardDS(one), it's OS runs on Moonshell. Is there anyway I can update the outdated version of Moonshell that the OS runs on (I think it's 1.6) to this new version or do I have to wait for the Supercard team to release an OS Update?

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to wait for the team to update Moonshell support. Unless you know how to code? Then you could probably do it.....

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A new moonshell is always good news and the fact it brings updated DPG decoding is even better.

@cheesyPOOF5 I must have missed that quote, where was it from?

zatelli

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
The development of MoonShell will stop in one remaining week(2007/3/7).
Oshit!!!

I see no quote saying so & the only quote in the article with the same date has nothing to do with you said.
I might still be wrong, but in that case, show us where you took that quote from.
laugh.gif

Here's the only quote from Infantile Paralysiser with the same timestamp as yours:

Infantile Paralysiser
Ver1.6??????????????????????
????????????????????????????????2007/3/7????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????…?

I see nothing to worry about in that statement, when he's asking for helping wiping a bug..
wink.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell can't and never will be able to read avis and mpegs. You MUST convert them to DPG. I believe you can convert most AVIs and all MPEGs to DPG though.

And i think that MP3 uses less cpu power to decode vs OGG because OGG has a better compression ratio compared to MP3. Or possibly because Moonshell's OGG decoder can be further optimized, but hasn't. I don't know: sorry.

inovermyheadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will this work with my simply? Is is possible to build this into the simply shell? Or, should I just run it like I would any other homebrew application? btw, I don't really know what I'm talking about :-) So correct the language as you see fit. Thanks.

chalupa

Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
will this work with my simply? Is is possible to build this into the simply shell? Or, should I just run it like I would any other homebrew application? btw, I don't really know what I'm talking about :-) So correct the language as you see fit. Thanks.

yup it should work just fine but if it dosnt just patch it. and to build it into the shell, just give it the same name as the other file you have and it will launch when you click the media channel.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@imgod22222 DPG is effectively just slightly modified MPG video (before ogg it was header+mp2 audio+mv1 video(+GOP list for DPG2)) which is simple enough to encode for any major OS. It is worth noting that it was mp2 audio as opposed to MP3 for video prior to OGG.

I have never been the greatest fan of ogg (nothing against it just never appealed) but support is nice.

@inovermyheadd a lot of flash cart companies now build their shell/loader around moonshell but seen as some of the code necessary to load it is proprietary building a brand new loader may be slightly harder to come by.

@[Jez] I should imagine they will although if previous moonshell beta runs are anything to go by then a stable version will appear in next to no time.

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
Beta2 is out

Changelog...

Moonshell ver 1.7 beta2 03/05/07
* The NDSROM plug-in has been enabled. (Previously Disabled in Beta's 0/1)
* An OGG option has been added to DPGEnc.
* An option to enable/disable "Smooth frame blending" has been added to DPGEnc. (Before it was always enabled)
* A bug in which you were not able to pause DPG videos was corrected.

Final Beta Is out
Moonshell ver 1.7 Final Beta 03/06/07

When DPG playback begins a bug in which garbage was displayed has been corrected.
The channels of DPG information windows was changed to the format.
The START button can now be customized to soft reset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-