1. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    I have a silly question, since we can use Geforce Experience in Moonlight on Wii U, maybe it was possible to use Geforce Now in it in some way?

I really don't understand any of these things, but I was curious to know if something like this is possible.

2. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Spain
    Using the instructions on moonlight's own github tutorial page and changing the config file of Moonlight Wii U you can actually stream the entirety of your desktop to your Wii U

And since Moonlight Wii U emulates/makes your PC think the Wii U gamepad is an Xbox gamepad I'd say you actually can play GeForce Now games on Wii U (Since using this exact method I was able to play with PCSX2 and more apps)

Moon164 likes this.
  3. recapp

recapp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    When I put my IPv4 Address it says "Can't connect to server (IP Address)" Is it a different IP Address? Like IPv6 Address? Thanks for all the help.

Edit: I fixed my "Can't connect to server (IP Address)" issue, (For some reason my Wii U wasn't connected to internet) but now I have another lmao, when I connect to the Wii U the screen freezes immediately, I still get audio and it sounds great, but the screen is frozen.

Edit Edit: Well I fixed that, but now have another problem, the inputs have MASSIVE delay (like 5 seconds after hitting a button) and they only register if I hold the button for 5 seconds, or the input doesn't go through, the video has only a little big of delay so I don't know why the inputs have so much delay. Hope you can help me

Last edited by recapp, May 15, 2021
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I just get a black screen and I updated to moonlight Wii u 1.1.

Last edited May 15, 2021
  5. adrianops

adrianops Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thanks for the amazing work! Is there any possibility of a moonlight wii u version for amd link? (for user with amd cards). The latest version of geforce experience needs a nvidia card.

Last edited by adrianops, May 15, 2021
  6. GaryOderNichts

OP GaryOderNichts GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Yeah, there is sunshine:
    https://github.com/loki-47-6F-64/sunshine

adrianops likes this.
  7. AlMightyBob

AlMightyBob Newbie
    Newcomer

Sunshine just updated after being dormant for over a year. It adds in AMF support which I gather would be native encoding for better performance. It's enabled by default and, for me, Moonlight Wii U just shows a black screen for about 5s on pressing A to connect before shutting down and falling back to the Homebrew Launcher. Selecting the 'software' encoder in the sunshine config still works ok for anyone having issues. I don't know if it's worth the trouble but would supporting the amf encoder be possible?

8. recapp

recapp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

How did you get no input lag? I tried the settings you listed here, but I get 7+ seconds of input delay, but the video and audio has no delay. Do you know what could be causing this? My PC is Ethernet and my Wii U is not.

9. lexarvn

lexarvn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What version of GeForce Experience do you have? 3.22 caused a very similar sounding problem for me and the only way I could fix it was by reverting GeForce Experience to 3.21

10. recapp

recapp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Yeah, I have 3.22, how can I revert to 3.21?

Edit: Never mind I found out how. It fixed my problem, thanks so much!

Last edited by recapp, May 17, 2021
    lexarvn likes this.
  11. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Fan

Amazing Work but im having issues not sure why either i have latest GFE & Moonlight installed Wii U sometimes connects and steam recognizes it as 360 controller but always freezing up on streams at 720p 60fps at 25Mbps sometimes doesn't get connected as a controller it's paired up and everything hope some can help also my pc and Wii U are Pretty close to the router and im using Ethernet Cables on both devices

12. GreatWhite_Gamer

Newcomer

United States

13. CrisMod

CrisMod GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Hello everyone, to whom will face the stream problems between GeForce Experience - Moonlight - Wii U, no worries because just then I was setting for my son the PC streamimng to the Wii U, and after some testing I discovered that the GeForce Experience v.3.22.0.32 it doesn't work well or at all with Wii U Moonlight (even the Moonlight v. 1.1).
    So, to use the stream service without problems, I suggest you to follow as below:

1) Find and Download in a trusted internet site the NVIDIA GeForce Experience v. 3.21.0.36

2) Once done it, go to Windows Control Panel - Programs and uninstall only the voice from Nvidia the NVIDIA GeForce Experience v. 3.22.X.XX

3) Once the uninstalling process will be finished, the software will ask you to Reboot, so before Reboot the system go to disable your Internet connection in anyway more convieninet for you.

4) After that Reboot System, once you are into your Desktop, go to the search bar and write
    and press Enter (or press Windows Button + R) then into the Terminal (or the popup shell) write
    and press Enter.

5) This will open the Windows Firewall, now on the left Menu you will find the Rules for the Internent connections IN and OUT , click on the IN connections Rules and and choose New Rule .

6) Press Next on the first page, and on second page click on Browse, and once pop up the new window go to find NVIDIA Web Helper.exe in
    click open and press Next.

7) On the third page select Block the connection and press Next, and on the fourth page keep everything selected and Next again

8) On Final fifth page just give a name to this New Rule like GeForce Experience Auto Update Block, and then click Finish .

9) Repeat the same steps from 5 to 8 for the New Rule under the Connections OUT .

10) Connect again the Computer to internet and login to your GeForce Experience account.

As you can undersatnd, this will block only the Geforce Experience to Auto Update , so all the services from the Drivers, Wii U streaming and so on, will keep to working as always. This will just block the annoying Auto Update from the GeForce Experience software.

Maybe some of you knows already how to block a single service connections , but I made this just for the people who has less practice with internet block service connections.....

The best Stream from my side, that doesn't give me any problem with the Wii U connected by WiFi , it's to keep the bitrate at 5000 as below:

And the Video streaming configuration, or you keep as default with all the symbol # that will auto adjust the stream quality on different scenarios, or you can make as below:

The differences are solely that from the first Default Settings the Video will adjust the resolution on base of your stream bandwidth and the second will keep always the same native resolution. But in terms of stability and performance I cannot see so much differences.....
    And last thing, when you will test the streaming I suggest you to keep the Router-Wii U- and PC close to each other, and once you are sure that the Stream it's working well, after you can try to put back in them place. Just to be sure that your problems of straming are not related to the Wii U base and Router/ PAD controller because are far from each other....

Last edited by CrisMod, Jun 3, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Moonlight,