Homebrew RELEASE Moonlight-NX - Nvidia Game Stream client

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's a strange one, I get a full system crash on my sysnand (latest firmware), but not on my emummc (9.0). Title redirection, moonlight folder on both. Any ideas?

rock88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Im not sure what im doing wrong my switch is connected to my laptop trough moonlight controls are relayed but all i get is a black/grey screen on the switch
Can you press ZL+ZR+Left (for show decoder and video stats), take a screenshot and post here?

Is it possible to add a wake up on lan request like pc moonlight?
Maybe, but I can't enable this feature on my PC :rofl:

So here's a strange one, I get a full system crash on my sysnand (latest firmware), but not on my emummc (9.0). Title redirection, moonlight folder on both. Any ideas?
I'm on a 10.0.2 with latest atmo, and I don't use emunand - all ok. I don't know what could be in your case... Moonlight-NX should run without moonlight folder on a sdcard (folder will be created automatically).

Reactions: pinbi7

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my network atleast (kinda enforced by my ISP, a Pure Cable Modem + "Whole home Wifi by eero"), after about 15 mins it becomes ever so slightly Desynched by about a second or so, (this is w/ using sys-clk, set handheld_cpu & handheld_charging_cpu to 1224 which *Did* stop frame drops.)

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you press ZL+ZR+Left (for show decoder and video stats), take a screenshot and post here?
i

I tried with no success

But i installed moonlight on my 2nd switch and it worked flawlessly

My first switch is fw9.0 ams 10.1 running sys

My 2nd switch is fw10 with the latest ams running emummc

So for ppl having the same problem try updating to the latest atmosphere and the latest firmware

Tyvm for your help and all your hard work rock88

Let me know if i can debug/test anything for you

Last edited by pinbi7,

rob151515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
on my network atleast (kinda enforced by my ISP, a Pure Cable Modem + "Whole home Wifi by eero"), after about 15 mins it becomes ever so slightly Desynched by about a second or so, (this is w/ using sys-clk, set handheld_cpu & handheld_charging_cpu to 1224 which *Did* stop frame drops.)

Not just your network, I'm getting similar results.

I've used Moonlight on other devices on this same network before without any problems so I'm reasonably confident it's not my network.

The Stream seems to start ok but not long after something happens and the sound is no longer in sync with the video anymore. Should also note that I too am overclocking the CPU to 1224 to prevent the frame drops.

Having said all that, rock88 is brilliant and whats working so far is absolutely amazing compared to anything similar that I've seen for the Switch.

Thanks rock88!

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not just your network, I'm getting similar results.

I've used Moonlight on other devices on this same network before without any problems so I'm reasonably confident it's not my network.

The Stream seems to start ok but not long after something happens and the sound is no longer in sync with the video anymore. Should also note that I too am overclocking the CPU to 1224 to prevent the frame drops.

Having said all that, rock88 is brilliant and whats working so far is absolutely amazing compared to anything similar that I've seen for the Switch.

Thanks rock88!
im hoping this can be fixed because this is THE best game stream solution sofar on the switch, (that desync will cause a small issue if you play an MMO. )

if it matters any to @rock88 the game i had this issue was Final Fantasy XI (launched thru Ashita [Private server] which itself was added as a non-steam shortcut into steam. , though @rob151515 was it one game or many games where it occured for you? was it steam games or steam & Geforce Experience launched games?

rob151515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
im hoping this can be fixed because this is THE best game stream solution sofar on the switch, (that desync will cause a small issue if you play an MMO. )

if it matters any to @rock88 the game i had this issue was Final Fantasy XI (launched thru Ashita [Private server] which itself was added as a non-steam shortcut into steam. , though @rob151515 was it one game or many games where it occured for you? was it steam games or steam & Geforce Experience launched games?

It's interesting that you asked that. I've tried it with 2 games so far. Red Dead Redemption 2 and Ark. I thought that it must just been a random coincidence but Ark seems to freeze up (and often I'd just have to force close Moonlight and start the stream again) a lot, but with RDR2 I seem to be able to go much longer without it locking up.

In both games I've had the sound lose sync with the video.

To me Ark just feels like it is a lot more unstable when streaming than RDR2 does.

Also I tried streaming directly from the Geforce Experience games as well as through Steam.

Last edited by rob151515,

Maotelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I tried again today and the error is back, and in this time, re-installing GeForce Experience did not solved it. Here is the log

Attachments

• DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 267
  • DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 221

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does this mean that you can now left and right click inputs? Mouse movement X/Y and or even scroll? or only leftclick?
(age of wonders needs mouse to move the camera\cursor and left and right click, and scrolling wouldn't be bad either I think, but not sure if that is 100% needed)

"New mouse input mode - click by tap (also moved cursor to tap position, enable in Settings)"

rock88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
By default (with new mouse input mode) cursor at once moved to a tap area and mouse did left click. For right click do it with pressed R or ZR button.
Scroll currently not supported, needs add some gestures for fingers action, like a scroll with two fingers/tap with two fingers for right click/etc...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, here it is

I checked that log, Nvidia GameStream send a "Invalid" error and some status code, I google it, but not find any solution...

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Maotelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
By default (with new mouse input mode) cursor at once moved to a tap area and mouse did left click. For right click do it with pressed R or ZR button.
Scroll currently not supported, needs add some gestures for fingers action, like a scroll with two fingers/tap with two fingers for right click/etc...

I checked that log, Nvidia GameStream send a "Invalid" error and some status code, I google it, but not find any solution...
That's ok, I will try to unninstal the drivers and all the things related to the GPU and reinstall to see if that fix this issue

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks for explanation!! Looking forward to scroll. It would also be nice if an alternative for right click on the touchscreen is possible instead of R and ZR. Just throwing it out there. But im already glad mouse function is in there so fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"