Homebrew RELEASE Moonlight-NX - Nvidia Game Stream client

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tested it in few games about two hours, maybe you guys use high bitrate value (use some from 5 to 10) or H265 video codec?
And after I released new version I also got one freeze :wacko: But after reopen all works fine.

I was using 7.5, that worked well with the previous version. I'll have another crack, see how I get on and report back

EDIT: Had a good run lowering it to a bitrate of 6 but it seized up again. Can still control the game but the video on the switch freezes.

To add a positive, the latency is still really good

Last edited by Ty_,
Reactions: lordelan

Alvsar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is beautiful, everything works perfect for me (Sxos here). I am using bitrate 10 and the IQ is great and the sound is in sync.
Thanks for your hard work.

darkxex

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
all perfect, is possible add within the application a Overclock Option? how retroarch. or default OC in open the app?

stompysan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advice. So I got my device paired, it is showing some games, but when I try to launch any of them I just get an error that says "Invalid". Gamestream is set up properly, as I can use my Shield TV no problem. Ideas?

zniel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something is off, there is too much delay in comparison to moonlight running on the switch via android. I dont get much delay there especially with first person shooters. Maybe its h.265 codec not working properly. I tried playing Rage 2 on the switches native os there were large movement delays.

mss1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My results with 1.0.7:

- Settings: 10Mbps, 60fps, 720p, 4 threads.

- Video latency is comparable to Android Moonlight.
- Audio latency is like 1s.
- Audio is on and off often and sometimes completely stop.
- I lose control sometimes.
- Force close app (using X button with title redirection) always with significant delay and always end up with error popup.

It would be very nice to have text captions option in UI for games.

Despite the issues this is best version so far.

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lowered bitrate to 5, gave me the smoothest experience so far. Got a soild 20-30 minutes of no issues, then the sound stopped.

Noticed another minor issue, when Moonlight on the switch closes it's connection with the PC, sometimes the PC isn't aware of this and will continue trying to do sound through the nVidia driver without being able to change it.

had a quick look and this seems a possible fix:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gamestream/19/266802/gamestream-mutes-pc-audio/

specifically this:
"It seems like it's an issue with the NVContainerLocalSystem service when exiting from Gamestream. If you go to the task manager (in Windows) ->Services -> Restart the nvContainerLocalSystem Service then it will release your PC from the gamestream session and get you back to normal without a restart."

darriousx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is absolutely amazing and honestly "JUST WORKS"! I left all default settings (720p60fps, H.264, 10mbps). I played Batman Arkham Knight for about an hour with no issues at all.

There are a couple glitches that did happen:
- Going to HOS home screen and back into app will cause audio lag/other random stutters. Closing the app entirely and going back into Moonlight, via title redirection, fixes this
- Occasionally rumble did not work when starting a game but it worked about 99% of the time
- When exiting the the "game" via the L+R+Down/Up they both seem to do the same thing. Unless one is ending the connection for Moonlight and giving full access back to the user on PC and the other is just going back to the app but still keeps the "Moonlight connection". Either way, it doesn't exit the current game nor does it switch the resolution back to what it was previously. Not a huge deal but something to be aware of.

Other than those few issues I did not encounter any other problems. Touch controls work, via L/R & ZL/ZR for Left and Right click respectively. Audio doesn't lag, video latency is super low, joycon latency is also low.

I had issues with gamepad and non connected joycons. Latency was very high when disconnecting. Docking and 1080p support also were not working very well for me, but that is already stated by dev.

Overall, I'm VERY impressed and can't wait to see how far this project goes. Right now, it's the best thing I've seen for native PC streaming to the Switch. Good job!

Last edited by darriousx,
Reactions: rock88

rock88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
New update here.

Changelog:
  • Partial gamepad input in UI (Doesn't work with buttons on topbar and Settings, A - select, B - back);
  • Fix issue with exit from Main screen by pressing PLUS button;
  • Add Streaming Optimal Playable Settings (set desktop and game resolution same as a stream resolution);
  • Add Play Audio on PC option (enable/disable audio on PC while streaming);
  • Setup GamePad on a stream start (some games don't recognise gamepad without this feature);
  • Fix game quit on a exit from stream by press L+R+Down;
  • Remove ffmpeg decoder capabilities which can cause internal decoder corruption;
  • UI bugfix and improvements.
Audio still can freezes/crashes (also app can freezes on a stream exit), I'll check that soon.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
New update here.

Changelog:
  • Partial gamepad input in UI (Doesn't work with buttons on topbar and Settings, A - select, B - back);
  • Fix issue with exit from Main screen by pressing PLUS button;
  • Add Streaming Optimal Playable Settings (set desktop and game resolution same as a stream resolution);
  • Add Play Audio on PC option (enable/disable audio on PC while streaming);
  • Setup GamePad on a stream start (some games don't recognise gamepad without this feature);
  • Fix game quit on a exit from stream by press L+R+Down;
  • Remove ffmpeg decoder capabilities which can cause internal decoder corruption;
  • UI bugfix and improvements.
Audio still can freezes/crashes (also app can freezes on a stream exit), I'll check that soon.
Very glad to hear development is active on this homebrew. Is it possible to make touchscreen move the mouse cursor and emulate mouse clicks by touching/clicking on the screen?
Would be a dream to play Age of Wonders 3 on my switch via this.

Maotelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm getting the error "Invalid" whenever I try to start a game or the steam. Am I doing something wrong? I can stream normally on my psvita.

Last edited by Maotelus,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Something is off, there is too much delay in comparison to moonlight running on the switch via android. I dont get much delay there especially with first person shooters. Maybe its h.265 codec not working properly. I tried playing Rage 2 on the switches native os there were large movement delays.
Just don't use h265. It's heavy taxing on CPU and support is not as great as for h264.

Reactions: Rahkeesh

mss1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As long as there are no NVDEC (HW video decoder) implemented, IMHO h265 should be disabled, as Tegra X1 isn't strong enough to SW decode h265 (just to avoid confusion).

Reactions: spitf1r3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1