Moonlight for WiiU??

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by barnhilltrckn, Sep 16, 2017.

1. barnhilltrckn
    OP

barnhilltrckn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    United States
    I am not usually someone who asks for ports but has anyone considered porting Moonlight?? http://moonlight-stream.com/ It is an unofficial port of the Nvidia game streaming that is open source. I know that we have another type of pc streamer that has been made and that not everyone has a gaming pc capable of using moonlight but for those who do it would be an awesome piece of homebrew. The gampad would be the perfect device to play pc games on and you can even stream the entire desktop lag free!!

If I could code I would jump on this is a heart beat but I don't. So anyway, I figured I would put this out here in hopes that someone might pick it up. If someone does I will happily be a tester for anything needed.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  2. Lyrin

Lyrin Annoying Weaboo Girl

Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    It's for accepting streams FROM PC not for streaming.

aykay55 likes this.
  3. barnhilltrckn
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    United States
    Well yeah ofcoarse....it is a game streaming client. It streams your games on your pc to whatever device you have moonlight on. I am not really sure what you are talking about tbh. I use it all the time because imho it works better than the official Nvidia streaming client.

Last edited by barnhilltrckn, Sep 17, 2017
  4. Lyrin

Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    Misread OP roughly as "Not everyone has a gaming computer capable of streaming"

5. barnhilltrckn
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    United States
    It's all good. Not everyone has a pc capable of using Moonlight. You need at least a Nvidia gtx650 if I'm not mistaken. Being able to stream pc games to the gamepad would be awesome.

6. Robertuxo

Robertuxo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2009
    Can I play PC games in WiiU with this?

7. MrKatanaObiWan

MrKatanaObiWan GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    If you code this, yes. This will not happen. I 100% guarantee it.

8. Pachee

Pachee GBAtemp Fan

Nov 3, 2015
    United States
    If the client at least was a windows/linux normal c/c++ project there could be a chance, but it seems to be Java. Rip.

9. Lyrin

Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    osaka35 likes this.
  10. Pachee

Pachee GBAtemp Fan

Nov 3, 2015
    United States
  11. aykay55

aykay55 Professional Idiot

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Where the buffalo roam.
    If I'm not mistaken all homebrew apps are written in C/C++. How would we run Java in it without some kind of 'translating system' if you will.

12. snk4ever

snk4ever Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2006
    France
    There is no need for Java, Moonlight embedded was ported to the PS Vita and it runs pretty well.
    It would be awesome on the WiiU as the WiiU's gamepad screen is bigger and it has full controls with r2/l2/r3/l3

13. Superseani2

Superseani2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2019
    Canada
    upvote, i'm very willing to make this happen. I have up to haskell basics, automation is what i use and sell, Now what do i need to do to make this happend? What would be the best way also to do so, i need some headers like : What does the Wii U run, Seems like Homebrew is loaded trought the craphtlm Wiiu browser, and that homebrew launcher is an .elf ... Now as far as i've been with my Wii, i installed Ubuntu 8.0 on the SD card and i remember running Moonlight on it, definitly not flawlessly but with heavy proper tweaking could get decent 30FPS on Wired adapter.

So we just make the app for Linux, compile it , hash it trought some Wii-u.elf straps and thats it?!?.
    Now,where am i wrong in this, why does it work on the wii and not on the Wii-u...Last i was digging this stuff I'D still need to get a non Motion+ WiiController for the "Virtual-Wii" Homebrew, since the Virtual-Wii Homebrew app wasn't patched at the time to work with MotionControllers+ ToT
    I think its very simple, just someone has to do it... I Really want to make this. Even if it takes a long time i mean then its done... and As good as the nintendo legacy is with super mario brother, we could add Gamestreaming to this legacy, meanwhile on the switch their installing android, and installing the switch on android X"'D

14. lolman9999

lolman9999 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2019
    United States
    I would love to see this, but I cannot make it happen myself. If only wii u homebrew used js or python...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted