Hacking Monster Hunter Ultimate 4 Fragmentation Error.

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, when i'm booting MHU4 on the Gateway Rom Loader, it says ''Fragmentation Error'' and the game does'nt boot at all. I've heard that formatting the Mini SD and putting games back would work, but I'm have about 50GB of 3DS Games and I don't really want to backup all. Is there any fix for this problem? Thank you.

Btw, I'm using a genuine ADATA 64GB Class 10, I never had problem at all with any games before, it's the first time ever that this is happening. I've already tryed doing a Fragmentation of the Drive, but it did'nt worked.

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could try deleting MH4U from the card and putting it back on again.
Basically all that's happening is that the chunks of the file aren't close enough together when it was stored onto the card. This happens when you delete something older than the last rom you put on the card. It creates a space in the structure. The only 100% way to fix it is to take everything off the card and put it back on again.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reformat the whole SD card and put your games back on. This has happened to me twice now. The problem stops occurring when you have less space on your SD card. It quit happening around 8-12gb of used space for me.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
why isn't this tool on a sticky or something?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-microsd-tool.369165/

Easy tool will fix the fragmentation error forever as long as you don't delete the really small file it creates , letting you do a true drag and drop of games and just remove single games when you're full of them

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen with two different mh4 roms and gave up on it.I also cannot for some reason transfer them to my 16gb flash drive that I know isn't broken.

tehfogo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fragmentation errors usually happen when you're deleting roms and adding new ones in. This is just one of the downsides to using the exFAT filesystem. The best way to avoid this error is to just add roms onto the SD card without deleting anything. If you need space or want to get rid of anything on the SD card, just do a quick format on it and re-add them again.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have this issue coming up often, I just delete the file and put it into the SD again and it works.

Just curious, did your issue persist over multiple attempts to transfer the file?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me once on a copy of multiple roms to a freshly formatted card. What I've noticed is that if I'm doing something else while my PC is transferring the files, it for some reason has a higher-than-normal chance of creating fragments. Not sure if it's just me or a common problem, but I recommend leaving your computer alone while it's transferring, especially if you often get fragments

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This happened to me once on a copy of multiple roms to a freshly formatted card. What I've noticed is that if I'm doing something else while my PC is transferring the files, it for some reason has a higher-than-normal chance of creating fragments. Not sure if it's just me or a common problem, but I recommend leaving your computer alone while it's transferring, especially if you often get fragments

Thanks i'll be more careful, btw, I regret defragmenting my flash mini sd now, it appears that it worns the card faster :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.