Gaming Monster Hunter Tri

JoeHero31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hezkore said:
OR you can install 249 rev19 and it'll work no matter what you do, using any loader you want.

Those who already have 249 with a previous revision will not need to update 249 they can just use what they already have by switching to jap lang with ntsc video and hermes 223 v.4. Most who have been doing this will have at least this much on their Wii's. What other features does revision 19 have thats better than lets say 14?

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
Well for example, NeoGamma uses 249 so you're pretty much screwed if you depend on 223.
Why not just keep everything as it is and simply update 249 which is super simple to install/update/find and launches just fine on every single loader there is?
Also you won't have to switch anything (like language), it pretty much works with anything.

JoeHero31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hezkore said:
Well for example, NeoGamma uses 249 so you're pretty much screwed if you depend on 223.
Why not just keep everything as it is and simply update 249 which is super simple to install/update/find and launches just fine on every single loader there is?
Also you won't have to switch anything (like language), it pretty much works with anything.

Well Hez I just tried your method and monster hunter goes to a black screen with the buzzing sounds. Monster hunter will only load on USB for me using iso223 v.4 with lang. Jap and video ntsc and i tried neogamma with rev 19 and without making any changes to the options I get the buzzing black screen effect. I have iso 202,222,223,224,249,250 on my wii. I have ULoader v.5, Coverfloader, WiiFlow, Neogamma R8, Configurable Loader v56. With my experience cfg loader is by far superior. My original reason for making my post is for all the people who are getting the black screen with the buzzing on monster hunter 3. They just need to use iso223 if they already have it with Jap lang and ntsc video on. If they dont then i would suggest getting everything. Get the 249 rev 19 as far as i see it there are no real changes from 14 yet. I would also suggest getting the latest package for uloader v.5 seeing as it has iso 222, 223 & 224. If you want you can check me out here too www.youtube.com/joehero31

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
JoeHero31 said:
Hezkore said:

Well Hez I just tried your method and monster hunter goes to a black screen with the buzzing sounds. Monster hunter will only load on USB for me using iso223 v.4 with lang. Jap and video ntsc and i tried neogamma with rev 19 and without making any changes to the options I get the buzzing black screen effect. I have iso 202,222,223,224,249,250 on my wii. I have ULoader v.5, Coverfloader, WiiFlow, Neogamma R8, Configurable Loader v56. With my experience cfg loader is by far superior. My original reason for making my post is for all the people who are getting the black screen with the buzzing on monster hunter 3. They just need to use iso223 if they already have it with Jap lang and ntsc video on. If they dont then i would suggest getting everything. Get the 249 rev 19 as far as i see it there are no real changes from 14 yet. I would also suggest getting the latest package for uloader v.5 seeing as it has iso 222, 223 & 224. If you want you can check me out here too www.youtube.com/joehero31

Well Joe, everyone else using 249 rev19 based on 37 seems to have no issues, here's a video showing rev19 running on a ton of loaders: Linky

JoeHero31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hezkore said:
JoeHero31 said:
Hezkore said:

Well Joe, everyone else using 249 rev19 based on 37 seems to have no issues, here's a video showing rev19 running on a ton of loaders: Linky

Hey Hez can you tell me how do you load the game? This video shows the person loading from disc. I am talking about USB Loading ISO's from an external hard drive. I have a video on my youtube that i made showing how i got it to run with my current set up. i have 37 merged with 38.

JoeHero31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkShadow96 said:
Joe, what got it to work for me on my HDD is by making it load with 223.

Thats the only way it plays for me off the Hard Drive. Anyway I checked your page and you had a question about save files??? Did you ever get that resolved? Just as a heads up if you didnt get it resolved there are a few different ways you can do what you are trying to do. You can email me and I can point you in the right direction to get the iso if you havent already got one. Once you have the iso game file you can then use programs to change the game code. So you can change the 6 character game code giving it the E or P or F or U which ever you need. you can go online to see the game codes for each region of the game you desire. It gets easier if its a US or PAL version as you can just get the iso and load it and you have you game with your saves all ready to go.

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
JoeHero31 said:
Hey Hez can you tell me how do you load the game? This video shows the person loading from disc. I am talking about USB Loading ISO's from an external hard drive. I have a video on my youtube that i made showing how i got it to run with my current set up. i have 37 merged with 38.
That "person" happens to be me heh, it shows me loading MHTri using a DISC and HDD in all sorta of loaders, everything from CFG USB to NeoGamma.
All under 249 rev19 based on 37.

JoeHero31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hezkore said:
JoeHero31 said:
That "person" happens to be me heh, it shows me loading MHTri using a DISC and HDD in all sorta of loaders, everything from CFG USB to NeoGamma.
All under 249 rev19 based on 37.

Thats funny. It must be that i have 37 merged with 38 then. I noticed you also have NeoGamma R9 beta 4. I only have R8 final. Well now people who already merged 37 with 38 they will have to load 223 to play MHTri. It was hard to tell when you were using cfg loader if it was an ISO file or you were loading the disc? It looked as though you were loading from disc on that one. Thats the main one I use as you can have music and themes for it. I have like 500 games on my HD and all of them play. The last problem game I had was Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. This is the only one to date that i havent been able to load from my HD. I can only load the backup disc I made for trial. Do you think you can run Splinter Cell using this 249 based on 37 off your HD? If you could then it might be worth switching things up a bit on my console. Thanks for an alternate.

secondincmd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope someone can help,
I've installed Hermes 202/222/223 like all the guides suggest 38-37 merged etc...
When try to do anything that loads or access the 222/223 ios the blue light comes on and the wii hangs. now, say if i use cUSB Loader, which requires 249 and I set it to load the game with 223-mload (or 222) the same things happens. I've tried all the other suggestions like VIDTV off, 002 on, language = Jap / force NTSC.. But something tells me the root of the problem is with the IOS, I did the network install, everything seemed to have worked. I've always used 249 in the past and never had problems.

My wii is US with 4.2

Any one else encounter this problem?

sansansan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi,I found a solution and it worked perfectly.all you need to do is install ciosx249 rev19 under base ios37.I got this from this site
Monster Hunter Tri Fix.Visit to download the required files and extra information
lecture.gif

boybrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've just tried ios249 under rev19 and it wont recognise my usb drive now. I've tried it under ios37 and ios57.
Can anyone help? I'm on a 4.1 ntsc-u machine with cfg usb loader and i have a wiikey with 1.9s (i think) on board.

JoeHero31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boybrown said:
i've just tried ios249 under rev19 and it wont recognise my usb drive now. I've tried it under ios37 and ios57.
Can anyone help? I'm on a 4.1 ntsc-u machine with cfg usb loader and i have a wiikey with 1.9s (i think) on board.

Check here and be sure to read the description. The description is more useful than the video. Good Luck. We have the same NTSC-U systems.
Monster Hunter Tri (3) Read Description!!!

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been playing this game as much as I have been able to since I got it (busy schedule), and so far it seems like it can be really fun. However, I keep getting stuck on quests like "Go fishing!" and "Go find some mushrooms!" that not only really mess up the pacing, but are generally very boring, and often cheap. When I was looking for monster guts, the flagship monster appears (with a cutscene), so I get out of that area. In the next, the only other zone with the monster I need, things go well for one kill until the same monster followed me into this zone and two-hits me!

Is the whole game this slow and cheap? Thanks.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't call it cheap, but in terms of pacing yeah, it's pretty much like that.

I really can't see why Lagiacrus gives so many people problems. Just listen to the Guild Sweetheart and stay away from it. Even if it comes into the same zone, there's several notifications. Just move to another zone.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
So, I have been playing this game as much as I have been able to since I got it (busy schedule), and so far it seems like it can be really fun. However, I keep getting stuck on quests like "Go fishing!" and "Go find some mushrooms!" that not only really mess up the pacing, but are generally very boring, and often cheap. When I was looking for monster guts, the flagship monster appears (with a cutscene), so I get out of that area. In the next, the only other zone with the monster I need, things go well for one kill until the same monster followed me into this zone and two-hits me!

It use to be fast and cheap for the older games. Usually, you would do 2 gather quest then face your first real monster fight. There's a reason why they put you through a "tutorial" pace in this one. Specifically, for that one mission, it's about learning that you can't always win a fight and to run away as soon as possible.

BlazerRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
monkat said:

To be fair, if you have this feeling about the game I do not think this is a game for you then. Monster Hunter is like this. It's hardcore gaming... and is very skill-based (for the player) later on, so you really need to think about what you are doing. Also, there is A LOT of gear in this game and that is basically what it is about. This game is not a carebear game in ANY way.. and I can see why this game will not suit that broad of a spectrum of people. For the ones it suit, this games is really great.

boybrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JoeHero31 said:
boybrown said:

Check here and be sure to read the description. The description is more useful than the video. Good Luck. We have the same NTSC-U systems.
Monster Hunter Tri (3) Read Description!!!

I went back to rev 14 and installed configurable USB. Ran this with the hermes 223 ios and all is working fine now.

Thanks for replying to my post and posting the link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o