Gaming Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - Temp Hunters Guild

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I got the last mantle I need for my Rath Soul Z set! It's beautiful...:D Now I can hunt these dragons with impunity! :)

I gemmed in razor sharp as well. :)

Update: Just spent some time with the local MH group up here. I ended up leveling some people up to HR4 and HR7. Not fun, but ended up getting some stuff I needed for my lower rank weapons.

Another Update: Three new full armour sets! Plesioth X, Bumblepumpkin, Rhopessa X armour. Now I'm just farming meldspar ores to pump up the defense.

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've taken down Dire Miralis today! The fight was quite epic, but surprisingly easy. The only time he poses any threat at all is on land, 4 legs, other than that he is just a HP sponge like Ceadeus. It took me some time to kill him (around 30 minutes), so I probably won't farm him solo for some time (but I want many stuff crafted from him :( ). My Hunter Rank jumped to 36, so now it's time to grind it and unlock Lucent and Abyssal!!!

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've taken down Dire Miralis today! The fight was quite epic, but surprisingly easy. The only time he poses any threat at all is on land, 4 legs, other than that he is just a HP sponge like Ceadeus. It took me some time to kill him (around 30 minutes), so I probably won't farm him solo for some time (but I want many stuff crafted from him :( ). My Hunter Rank jumped to 36, so now it's time to grind it and unlock Lucent and Abyssal!!!

Congratulations! I still can't take down the thing by myself (I need his armour to live), but it's still fun to try!

He is an HP sponge - I've tried bringing mega dash juices to just kill it by demon dancing!

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've used the Grongigas set I've posted earlier. I'm not sure if it's true, because most data is only partial about him, but Partbreaker actually makes the fight harder, because once you break the part it will take 40% less damage (except head, but you can't reliably target it most of the time). This makes dealing damage when he is on land 2 legs a problem once you destroy the tail. You can try to trip him hitting legs (big resistance + bounces, managed to trip him maybe 3-4 times during the quest) and aim for chest, but once that destroyed you are out of good spots. I don't know if there is any way to force him to go back to water, but if there is, that would definitely cut the time down.
Fortunately, I only need his bow to cheese Lagiacruses, so I probably won't hate him like I hate Golbeard for his furs ;)

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ending up meeting with a few lower rank hunters today to move 'em through the ranks. Goldbeard is dead easy with three hunters...and a little bit of time.

I'm using hunting horns now and just trying to get the hang of 'em. I ended up making a mixed armour set for wide range +2, maestro, HGE and sharpness+1. Quite fun, and very different from using dual blades.

I finally beat the "A Strange Breed" double b. gigginox DLC! It is brutal. The arena is tiny and as a result, you get the crap kicked out of you with just simple armour. I ended up making the Voltage Verge weapon.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ending up meeting with a few lower rank hunters today to move 'em through the ranks. Goldbeard is dead easy with three hunters...and a little bit of time.

I'm using hunting horns now and just trying to get the hang of 'em. I ended up making a mixed armour set for wide range +2, maestro, HGE and sharpness+1. Quite fun, and very different from using dual blades.

I finally beat the "A Strange Breed" double b. gigginox DLC! It is brutal. The arena is tiny and as a result, you get the crap kicked out of you with just simple armour. I ended up making the Voltage Verge weapon.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
So this happened to me today. I met up with a newish player to Monster Hunter. She hasn't fought anything past barroth and even lagi...

We do Port Tanzia, and I get her up to HR4. We head to our local MH Lan Party group and we proceed to meet up with a bunch of G-ranking hunters. We take the key quest to hunt a Crimson Quepeco...and all three of us G-rankers are wearing and rocking G-rank gear. I'm wearing Rath Soul Z armour, my friend's wearing the same, and the other guy was wearing a mixed set. We are all rocking slime weapons - two of us are using the Spectral Demolishers, and the other guy is using the Brisant Demolisher.

We find Peco and surround her. We do so much damage that she keeps tripping and smashing everything on her, including the beak! The conversation goes like this..

"Has she attacked yet?"
"Nope.", "I don't think so.", "Wow!"
*Peco does her calling move, and two seconds later, he falls over DEAD*
"Didn't even have a chance to see what it called!"

Time Finished: 1 minute, 25 seconds.

What are some crazy things you've done in multiplayer?

navimegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this thread may aswell be in a different language XD. Just got the game though (eshop offer) so hopefully it'll make sense to me soon.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
too bad i didn't manage to get the offer, i though i had all day today (22nd)... I was doubting in getting MH3 or not as my brother recommended it to me and I saw the offer. I finally decided to get it and when I enter the eShop, the offer is no longer there :(

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I had at least ONE local person to hunt with. :L

Just got the game via eshop as well, yesterday. I didn't even know about the promotion, just randomly decided to look at the eshop yesterday by chance. x)

I played Tri a lot on the Wii, this doesn't feel very different, at all. Except for some quests being re-arranged and access to the switch axe right away... Not that it's a bad thing, having this on the go is awesome. I can finally leave my PSP to get some rest.

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
So. Just tried to livestream this. And as that happened, my livestream got terminated. Wellppp.... that makes me a bit mad, but I'll at least play some. I'll probably suck but YAY

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Loving that there are newer players because of the eshop sale!

Also, we had a couple of hours of crazy hunting yesterday in our local MH group. I helped some one whack dire miralis and got a shiny new sword n' shield to show for it. We also took down a couple of silver 'los and gold rathians. (I managed to upgrade my fire dual swords...although I need more cortexes.) We also got a newbie player into HR6 - stupid Goldbeard and his furs (I just need one more damn fur for another upgrade).

I just turned my guild card into rainbow coloured. I went on so many quests that this happened. Very awesome.

I desperately need practice with bows, but I'm currently working on a bow set. (Green nargas - good thing they aren't an "advanced" quest.) I made a dios flier and a couple of things. Managed to take out low rank rathian in 5 minutes!

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just beat Gold Rathian solo yesterday! Was using a bow (the arko tri/thunder butterfly bow), and the green narga armour. I had one faint from holding my arrows too long, and getting rushed by it. :) I healed up (using a max potion and some energy drinks), and I went back out. It ended up limping after several focus blasts, and I ended up capturing it! It was fun...and intense.

Joe007

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all nice to read up on others progress, so thought I do update I'm now 150 hours into game on level 7 village quests
currently stuck on shocking development quest, must have died 3 times so far vs Baleful Gigginox he's really pissing me off.

So i decided to go farm mode, farming to make ancient potions :(

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
OK now i'm stuck on the rumble in the great desert quest
It's a hard quest to solo with the weapons you have up to there.

Some advice:
- stagger the uses of the hunting gong (it takes the longest to respawn)
- grab the ballista ammo (both normal and the binder (the yellow one))
- use the anti-dragon bombs
- you should be able to hit him twice with the dragonator (once when he rams the ship, and the other in the final showdown)
- make sure that you have full ballista ammo before the final showdown
- climb onto his back and hit the cracked areas (when they are both broken, you can stand in 'em and do a ton of damage)

Jhen Mohran is weakest to ice, and slime does decent damage to him when it goes off. You can also use dragon weapons - the first time I managed a repel was when I was using the bug dual swords.

Joe007

Trophies
XP
Country
hey astrangeone thanks for tips i managed to repel him away and complete the quest was hoping for kill haha so now im on level 8 quest Troubled Waters.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all nice to read up on others progress, so thought I do update I'm now 150 hours into game on level 7 village quests
currently stuck on shocking development quest, must have died 3 times so far vs Baleful Gigginox he's really pissing me off.

I feel your pain. This thing isnt as bad as the normal Gigginox but both of them have to be one of the hardest monsters in the game. (Hardest being pink rathian) They seem to have SO much life and have the most anoying attack patterns and take forever when they decide to fly to different zones in the ice map. The poison one tho oh my god... *Cries*

Oh and by the way, you'll probably found out soon if you are on level 7 quests but there is a quest called Toxin avenger that you will come across very soon. I highly recommend a stress reliever or some form of zen and relaxation during that quest. Trust me.

Joe007

Trophies
XP
Country
hey Terenigma funny that you mentioned it because i completed that 3 gigginox quest like 3 days ago and it was hardest quests i faced because i was always running out of time, im using a long sword and i felt i was just not doing enough damage and i nearly quit playing all together.

then i got idea of capturing all 3 of them and taking large bombs with me so i took 1 shock trap 1 pitfall trap and materials to make enough pitfall trap
i have to say i was really lucky i capped last gigginox when i had 16 seconds left on timer thank god.

Reactions: Terenigma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.