Monster hunter save transfers?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mashiro21, Aug 17, 2014.

1. mashiro21
    OP

mashiro21 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    I'm planning on buying a new Wii U, but i want to confirm this first. Can I plug in one flash drive on my old Wii U, copy my save game, and then use that flash drive to transfer it to the other? If not, can I use the 3ds transfer to take my save file from my old Wii U to the 3ds, then transfer it to the new Wii U? If I can do that, is there an explanation for the 3ds changing the key from one wii u to another? Thanks!

2. bomigoton

bomigoton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2009
    Gambia, The
  3. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    No, it's not possible because each Wii U use a different format USB, but the transfer tool from 5.1.0 should work, as bomigoton said.

4. mashiro21
    OP

mashiro21 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    ok. The usb part i kind of understand, but how about 3ds? anyone tried it yet? I am on 5.0 so wii u transfer is not an option, unfortunately. and i'm really curious. if i can use the 3ds method which is:

1. transfer my save file from Wii U #1 to 3ds
    2. transfer my save file from 3ds to Wii U #2

then that means that the 3ds somehow did some sort of wii u to wii u transfer, right? now that we have gateway homebrew and stuff, can that contribute anything? like transfer stuff from 3ds to Wii U using monster hunter that is not monster hunter related? anyway, i still really wanna know if i can transfer my save before buying a new Wii U. thanks guys! :D