JadeX92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I owsns a Gateway Flashcart.
I managed to dump my own Monster Hunter 4, but is unable to go online because my files got split into 3d0 and 3d1. And it seems that 3d0 and 3d1 can't play online even with headers. any solution to this? My sd card is fat32

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
you may copy archive 3d0 and 3d1 in your pc, renamer .3d0 and .3d1 at .0 and .1, download/open total commander (it work in win and linux in wine) in file option select Join Files, and then it generates a file, finally rename de file ***** to *****.3ds

ah, and you may format the microsd card for GW in exFAT

XuSGene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I came from the thread titled "MH4U Gift Item Not Showing". Could I check with you if you are able to download the starter pack from the cat in the house using the retail cart on GW emunand 9.5.
A few of us are getting an error code while trying to get the pack and one of the suspicions is that retail carts running on emunand 9.5 is causing the error. Just hoping you could help to verify if that's the issue.

Reactions: adambomb

Wildblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I managed to dump my own Monster Hunter 4, but is unable to go online because my files got split into 3d0 and 3d1. And it seems that 3d0 and 3d1 can't play online even with headers. any solution to this? My sd card is fat32

This has been answered before. Put the files in a folder, open that folder in cmd prompt and type:
copy /b romname.3d0 + romname.3d1 romname.3dz
Then, reformat your SD to exFAT (no reason for it to be in FAT32). If you want Gateway to allow a ROM to go online, afaik the only way is to rename it to 3DZ. I'm not sure if there's a way to convert it into CIA, but I think probably not.

Hi, I came from the thread titled "MH4U Gift Item Not Showing". Could I check with you if you are able to download the starter pack from the cat in the house using the retail cart on GW emunand 9.5.

A few of us are getting an error code while trying to get the pack and one of the suspicions is that retail carts running on emunand 9.5 is causing the error. Just hoping you could help to verify if that's the issue.
You can download the 1.1 update directly from the eShop. When you log into the game, the items will be in your chest.

JadeX92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi! Im not able to go online even with a retail monster hunter :/ Cos of the 3d1 and 3d0 issue. In Classic Mode, Im able to go online but i haven't explore further because my savefile seems to corrupt

Wildblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi! Im not able to go online even with a retail monster hunter :/ Cos of the 3d1 and 3d0 issue. In Classic Mode, Im able to go online but i haven't explore further because my savefile seems to corrupt

Doesn't change anything. I ripped my own retail copy and I can go online no problem.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

Its easy use this tool Gateway Rom Sorter to merge the two files together 3D0/3D1 for it to complete into a full 4GB rom for your Micro-SD card:- http://www.datafilehost.com/d/e9b972ab
Then you can export your header from MH4 for other online games or import or whatever you want to do with it with Gateway Rom Patcher v1.1 :)

Edit:- I suggest if you have a Micro-SD card 32GB and above format it into exfat and just copy & paste the whole 4GB file straight over, less problems this way!. Using your M-SD card in Fat32, you can paste over both parts but some games it wont work this way and this will probably go for MH4, its not a good way Fat32.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Use this video by Mr.Mario2011 - ()

XuSGene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This has been answered before. Put the files in a folder, open that folder in cmd prompt and type:

Then, reformat your SD to exFAT (no reason for it to be in FAT32). If you want Gateway to allow a ROM to go online, afaik the only way is to rename it to 3DZ. I'm not sure if there's a way to convert it into CIA, but I think probably not.

You can download the 1.1 update directly from the eShop. When you log into the game, the items will be in your chest.

I'm afraid you're mistaken. The items do not come in the 1.1 update. If you only download the 1.1 update there will be no extra items in your chest. To redeem the starter pack one needs to go to the cat in your house to redeem it.

Wildblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm afraid you're mistaken. The items do not come in the 1.1 update. If you only download the 1.1 update there will be no extra items in your chest. To redeem the starter pack one needs to go to the cat in your house to redeem it.

Hmmm, you might be right. AFAIK you also need the 1.1 update - I seem to remember seeing that somewhere. Anyway, the process I followed was to update to 1.1 via the eShop, then I did something in the game. I didn't go to the DLC menu in the main menu or via the cat though.

XuSGene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmmm, you might be right. AFAIK you also need the 1.1 update - I seem to remember seeing that somewhere. Anyway, the process I followed was to update to 1.1 via the eShop, then I did something in the game. I didn't go to the DLC menu in the main menu or via the cat though.
The process to get the starter pack is to update to 1.1 > link your nnid > launch the game > speak to the cat. This is the only way to get the starter pack AFAIK.

Reactions: Wildblood

RyviusRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a problem with Monster Hunter 4 and saving in the game. For some reason the game won't properly save when I have the file in 3dz format. Online play works fine but it won't keep my saves. I looked at the files and something odd is going on when it tries to save. The size of the save file shows to be 4GB on my micro sd card but when analyzing the actual space being used it shows less than 1MB is being taken up by the save file. The way I found out about this was when I deleted the only two files off of my microsd (the game file and save file) the reported used space was 63GB out of 59GB which is impossible. For some reason it was reported I had more space free than actually space on my microsd. I thought my sd card was faulty so I tried the same thing on another sd card that I knew was working correctly and the same error occurred. I tried downloading the game file from a different source and the same problem still occurs. For some odd reason Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate won't save my game when the file is a 3DZ but it will read saves in 3DS format. Also whether it is a 3DZ or 3DS file it will still spit out the error of reporting the file to be 4GB even though the amount of space left over reports the save file taking up less than 1 MB of space. The only time I noticed the file correctly showing the right file size for the save file was when I trimmed the Monster Hunter 4 game file. Has anyone else had this issue? I am running with an MT-Card and emunand 9.4.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
From what I see (which is not really a lot) there is currently no way to play online with a 4GB game on a FAT32 filesystem, however If anyone knows any way to do it, please let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.