Monster Hunter January 2021 digital event coverage

xVaLbRw.png

What big news has Capcom got up its sleeve for the Monster Hunter franchise? Find out in a mere moment as their Monster Hunter Digital Event goes live, on Twitch. You can keep up on all the biggest reveals by refreshing the thread, as we cover the event live.

We're getting the latest info on Monster Hunter: Rise, starting with a new trailer. The Goss Harag is shown off, along with the Lagombi. Great Baggi, and other familiar faces.

The trailer also reveals that you'll be able to capture Wyverns and ride them. They can breathe fire at enemies.

One of the areas you'll be hunting in is called the Frost Islands. Goss Harag is mentioned again, as a newcomer to the catalog of monsters. It uses ice powers to attack you with.

Khezu is a freaky-looking wyvern that hides in dark places. This one can shoot electricity at you.

Magnamalo is the main monster starring in Monster Hunter: Rise. It'll mow you down or shoot purple fire.

Your grapple will eventually let you ride wyverns and control them, where you can turn them against other monsters.

There's a training area where you can test your new weapons.

There's some pre-order bonus pets, along with a collector's edition that comes with DLC. amiibo are also planned.

The demo will have quests with varying difficulty levels, and will feature all weapons to test out. You can play the demo in solo or coop mode.

You'll be able to see how the Wirebug works in the level, and both types of pets. Wyvern riding is also available.

The demo launches January 8th, and will be delisted on February 7th.

:arrow: Source

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, is officially a main entry series, but whit team B in the development.
Capcom have said before in interviews (magazines, if I do remember) that their main entry titles are non-G/Ultimate entries in their series wherein the Logo has an additional Dragon head in the series logo.

Rise has 0 Dragon heads. It is therefore not a main title. Also in Prior interviews they specified it is a spinoff of World. "6" has yet to arrive.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Capcom have said before in interviews (magazines, if I do remember) that their main entry titles are non-G/Ultimate entries in their series wherein the Logo has an additional Dragon head in the series logo.

Rise has 0 Dragon heads. It is therefore not a main title. Also in Prior interviews they specified it is a spinoff of World. "6" has yet to arrive.
What's supposed to be MH5? Generations?

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's supposed to be MH5? Generations?
World.

upload_2021-1-7_18-28-40.png

Image courtesy of GaijinHunter's Youtube Channel. If the middle-bottom head's a bit hard to see:

FmZVlET.png

You can see the Eyes/facial structure of the head easier if you just focus on the head alone.

Edit (Re-editted): There seems to be some confusion about what a 'spin-off' for Monster Hunter is. A Spin-off is any Non-Generational increase in MonHun. Only 1 original, 2 original, 3 original, 4 original, and World, count as "Main Titles" in Mon Hun. Every other title is officially considered a Spin-off. They establish the main titles through the use of adding an addition Dragon/Wyvern heads in the emblems as they progress each generation, as seen above. As such, Gen 6 will have an emblem with 6 heads.

Case in point: Despite being a new story seperate from 4 and canon to MonHun lore, Generations (AKA Cross in Japan) was considered a spin-off by Capcom. Also they list 4G (4 Ultimate) as a spin-off as well. This image I'm about to post was made before Generations got an official NA title. This image, like my first, is ALSO from Gaijinhunter's youtube channel.

RoxlanP.png

There is no need to feel dejected any MonHun title is not a "Main title".

Last edited by VartioArtel,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just pre-ordered the game. The demo to be delisted? Wtf?
Probably limited availability because of the online aspect. A month to play online with friends is more than I expected, these demos are usually just solo play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-