Luckyguess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This mod/cheat code whatever has 3 goals:

*To provide a challenge for solo players or duo players.
*To make three and four player hunts less of a gangbang.
*Act as a semi balance patch for less used 'elements' of the game.

It works for every rank and you could even start a new game with it on for hard mode if you wanted. It works online and does not affect other players in any way. So, if you have it and they don't no problem. Skills, arts, hunting horn songs, berries, etc. all work without a problem and act as expected. More detailed information is in the change log and mod info if you want to read it.

To use:
*Activate the cheat in Edizon
*Load into a hunt
*Hold Minus and tap A
Currently the code will reset whenever you change gear or load into a hunt, but will stay on for the entire fight once it starts.

To install put the text file into the cheat folder in /atmosphere/contents/0100770008DD8000/cheats. If you already have a file there append this to the end. You should already have the 60 fps mod and if you don’t download that first.

Just note it works only with version 1.4.0.

Once I learn how to use some of the more complicated atmosphere codes, I’ll update it to be easier to use. If you know how to use Code Type 0xC3, Code Type 0xC1, or Code Type 0xC0 please let me know. My testing was not very successful. I’ll probably make a few different versions with more difficulties once I have tested it more.

Attachments

• MHGU Challenger v1.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 532

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This mod/cheat code whatever has 3 goals:

*To provide a challenge for solo players or duo players.
*To make three and four player hunts less of a gangbang.
*Act as a semi balance patch for less used 'elements' of the game.

It works for every rank and you could even start a new game with it on for hard mode if you wanted. It works online and does not affect other players in any way. So, if you have it and they don't no problem. Skills, arts, hunting horn songs, berries, etc. all work without a problem and act as expected. More detailed information is in the change log and mod info if you want to read it.

To use:
*Activate the cheat in Edizon
*Load into a hunt
*Hold Minus and tap A
Currently the code will reset whenever you change gear or load into a hunt, but will stay on for the entire fight once it starts.

To install put the text file into the cheat folder in /atmosphere/contents/0100770008DD8000/cheats. If you already have a file there append this to the end. You should already have the 60 fps mod and if you don’t download that first.

Just note it works only with version 1.4.0.

Once I learn how to use some of the more complicated atmosphere codes, I’ll update it to be easier to use. If you know how to use Code Type 0xC3, Code Type 0xC1, or Code Type 0xC0 please let me know. My testing was not very successful. I’ll probably make a few different versions with more difficulties once I have tested it more.
I have successfully used C0. Maybe this will help
https://github.com/masagrator/NXGra.../0100E95004038000/cheats/D007651BC7C6A51E.txt

Luckyguess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly does this do?

The games pretty hard enough already. I mean, Soloing a Grank hyper monster is pretty tough.

Normal Hub monsters are generally balanced around two people hunting. It’s why when 4 people show up it and they know what to do it becomes a 4 min slam jam. Soloing a G rank Hyper is only “hard” because of bloated Hp values that are around 2x a normal guild monster. So only a small percentage of quests have four players in mind. My mod aims to help with that.

As for the rest of the game it is made pretty easy (compared to past games) for a number of reasons:
*Overpowered styles/arts that let you ignore positioning.
*Much higher raw on most weps when compared to 4U, 3U, and FU causing crit to give overwhelming damage compared to other skills.
*Crit boost making this worse.
*Many ways for weps to get free crit like oils and white IG bugs.
*Monster stats in general seemed to be tuned down a bit.
*Crit eye +2 only needing 20 points
In general build diversity and difficulty is stifled by very high raw, easy crit, and free escapes. Again, my mod aims help with most of it.

The numbers on my mod are easily viewed on the stats screen everything it does is represented. Raw is reduced to closer to 4U levels. Armor is reduced to keep you on your toes but not have everyone one shot you. Armor on Valor and adept are further reduced to compensate for easy escapes so when you get hit you really feel it, etc.

If it’s too hard to do hypers/deviants with it just turn it off for that hunt. The goal is to have fun. To me a sub 10 min or even 5 min hunt where I barley have to try is not fun, but hey neither is a 50 min slog.

Last edited by Luckyguess,

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I 100% agree MH has never really gotten the 3+ player right. Its always a 5 minute monster gang bang.

Why they never just scaled the Monster health depending on number of players that started the quest I dont know. Though, how does this mod work for multiplayer? You can't use it online for obvious reasons, using it would need to have the mod applied for everyone right? Otherwise the one guy who has it is just simply doing less damage than the other 2/3 players? At that point it's the same as someone using gunlance ;)

Neo_lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
is there a mod like this but the opposite? scale monster hp down to single player values and also a mod that makes gunlance and chargeblade not suck would be great too.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm... I played ~400hrs MHGXX back when it was released in japan. I had a great time playing it with my friends but really? In no way I thought 'this is too easy'. I am playing MH since its 2nd release (MHF2) and I like the aspect of getting overpowered. It takes already a ludicrous amount of time (e.g. remember charms beeing a thing?) to get there casual anyway so I enjoy beeing overpowered.

Also the saltyness of beeing the only one in a 4 player hunt who does not get a jewel after 4hrs hunting. ugh.

I mean common. If it is too easy you can just go on a hunt naked and only fight with fists (gesture hits 1hp) and felyne food to boost its damage.
IMO There are tons of ways to make the game hard but it does not require a cheat to nerf the stats.

Last edited by GothicIII,
Reactions: Neo_lord

Luckyguess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got any idea on how to implement weapon transmog?
Yes, I know how to mod the files to make that work now. I'll make a tool when I have time. I have other projects I am working on. It would only show up in your game though. Making it show up in others people games would require them having the modded files as well. Probably not a way around this without understanding the actual scripting of the game.

Last edited by Luckyguess,

D2023

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not at executable level, which is most important for mods like those.
ATTACK X
9C8381E4 8A33E939
9C8381E8 1453xxxx
DEFENSE X
9C84833C 1453xxxx
9C848340 BA33E93B
xxxx
CF65(2X)
CF25(4X)
CFE5(8X)
CE65(16X)
CE25(32X)
CEE5(64X)
CDA5(128X)
CD65(256X)
CD25(512X)
MY JP friend helped me and we found these codes , but these r for increase 2X 4X 8X etc. do u know how to decrease like -2X -4X ?

Last edited by D2023,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16