Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate comes to Nintendo Switch

mhgu.JPG

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, the follow up to Monster Hunter Generations, marks the series debut on Nintendo Switch!

Capcom's press release today gave us a taste of what to expect from the game:

For the first time, gamers have the flexibility to play both local wireless and online multiplayer with up to three other hunters whether playing at home on the big screen or on the go in handheld or table top mode.

The new title features a blend of classic gameplay and unique new twists, brand new explorable areas and monsters, plus returning fan-favourites like the lightning fast Zinogre and the stealthy long-tailed Nargacuga. This release introduces a new quest level called “G” rank that features even more formidable versions of familiar foes, truly testing experienced hunters’ battle tactics now with different moves and abilities never before seen in the wild!

For newcomers to the series, the gameplay features ton of powerful super moves called Hunter Arts that can be executed with a quick tap on the touch screen. Players can experiment and choose from six different Hunting Styles including two new ones called Brave Style, which rewards players with new moves for landing successive attacks, and Alchemy Style, a support style that grants the ability to creating useful items on the fly during combat. Hunters are encouraged to explore and customize the experience between quests to find the most personalized playstyle.

Some screenshots of the game were also released:

6.JPG

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Oh, and here's a sweet announcement trailer:

Players of the original Monster Hunter Generations can transfer save data from the previous title to continue their journey in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate launches on August 28th, 2018 for digital and physical retail purchase across Europe and North America.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
It was exactly 49 seconds apart (was refreshing the page, reason I know). For such news, there really should be some communication to avoid double threads...
Thomas Hugh, [10.05.18 10:02]
Just forwaded super hot switch news
Krista Noren, [10.05.18 10:02]
holy monster hunter
on it
Could someone post pls
Scarlet Bell, [10.05.18 10:02]
WHAT
Cheers!

Prans got this one ahead of the pack though! Nice job! :yayswitch:

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
holy monster hunter
on it
Could someone post pls
WHAT
Cheers!

Communication is there I guess, just too many jumped at it:rofl2: Guess we are all MH fans:grog:

Reactions: bomigoton

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
holy monster hunter
on it
Could someone post pls
WHAT
Cheers!

I got the email, started to write the post, didn't check messages, and posted it. Like I said, no harm done, just sharing the news to our community. We're cool

Reactions: ThoD and Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, a Monster Hunter game in the US, what happened, did someone at Capcom's Japan HQ get fired? I kid, I kid.
Now that World has done so well, they probably aren't afraid of middling sales on the platform, because the series has proven itself now, big time. Arguably more hype is there than if they would have localized it prior to World's release.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wow, a Monster Hunter game in the US, what happened, did someone at Capcom's Japan HQ get fired? I kid, I kid.
Actually, it was about damn time, that took more than half a year past what it should have. Now if only MHWorld Ultimate releases soon...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that World has done so well, they probably aren't afraid of middling sales on the platform, because the series has proven itself now, big time. Arguably more hype is there than if they would have localized it prior to World's release.

Localizing it to anything outside of Japan should have been a given; locking it to one location was never a good idea IMO.

Actually, it was about damn time, that took more than half a year past what it should have. Now if only MHWorld Ultimate releases soon...

I was being facetious, hell would have frozen over before another MH game reached the west.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This would have been a great game to bring to the 3DS. Cross platform play would have been fun.
Perhaps this time around they will make the servers joined hopefully, so XX can play with GU... We can only hope...

Reactions: gameboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4