Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I've been wanting to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, but don't want to until I "finish" Freedom 2.

However, I'm stuck.

I'm not sure what type of armor/weapon to go for and I can't beat this quest with the red Khezu (called Electric in the Jungle or something like that).
And it makes me realize that if I can't beat this with my current set, and I have no idea what to go for next, I may never be able to begin MHFU fulfilled!!

Is there a website or strategy guide that lists good armor sets to try for at certain Hunter Ranks?

I use GameFAQs as well as just my own intuition, but I enjoy reading about this stuff as well.

Thanks!

P.S.
Anyone want to play on adhoc Party??
Let me know!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Freedom Unite is just an updated version of Freedom 2, you might as well have just played Freedom Unite to begin with. It's the exact same god damn game but with extra features.

Also use longswords, best god damn weapon other than the gunlance.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, you can carry over your MHF2 save (as long as its the same region game)
and keep all your stuff/stats/missions ect... and just continue on

its just a bunch of add on missions

also I used the true devil slicer and the whole rathalos soul armor set

snap004uy1.png

snap003md7.png

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you dont really want to be using thunder attributed weapons on khezu's. i think for red khezu its weakness is water. though i used blango destroy + and a full set of ceanataur armour. just transfer your game to unite. only difference is more endgame content.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
yea, you can carry over your MHF2 save (as long as its the same region game)

snap004uy1.png

snap003md7.png
For some reason... Your character looks exactly like mine, just that I use the Devil Slicer, not the TRUE Devil Slicer...
nyanya.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I mean I realized the game is an expansion of MHF2, but I didn't realize it was the exact same game with just more missions and items.

I mean... really?
So purchasing this for $30 is kind of a rip?
Why take so long just to release v2.0 of the same game?

Oh well, I'm still excited to try some of the new things.
I supposed I'll just go ahead and transfer everything over.

Another thing: It seems there are all kinds of detailed strategy guides in Japam for this game.
I wish we could get those. :/

Thanks for the tips guys!

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Hammers are freaking powerhouses once you master them, but so far I'm still a noob at hammers... ;-:

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well japan got 2nd G (unite) a few months after freedom 2 was released. i guess the reason why it took so long to come to the west is due to the massive advertising campaign capcom are putting out.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While it's pretty much the same, there are some new factors in Unite that will help the noobies. The cat is by far one of the best additions to a single player game. Now, you are not always the target of the big bad monsters. The cat can take the heat and if built up properly can be extremely helpful.

There are also the addition of new weapons especially on the high end. There is also some pretty nice balancing done with the game. For example, you can create the Devil Slicer early anymore.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Freedom Unite is just an updated version of Freedom 2, you might as well have just played Freedom Unite to begin with. It's the exact same god damn game but with extra features.

this is highly debated, with longswords on the losing side. greatswords do a poocraplot more damage (even though the numbers say they are the same) i played through most of mhf2 with a long sword, and i have now started a new player on mhfu, and so far i am owning monsters i initially had trouble with with a longsword (first couple of congalala) the real test will be khezu though, it took me a few days to beat my first one.

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Jul 8 2009, 01:19 AM) yea, you can carry over your MHF2 save (as long as its the same region game)

snap004uy1.png

snap003md7.png

^^ yeah, um joe, hes not going to have ubersauce armors and weapon if hes stuck on red khezu...

anyways @op:
you just need to figure out what works for you, it is a difficult game

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:

Longswords are great in the early stages of the game, but compared to other weapons, they suck in the endgame. If you use a longsword online, chances are no one's going to play with you.

@OP:
Treat Red Khezu like a normal Khezu, only its neck is longer.

If you feel comfortable with Bowguns or Bows, I recommend sniping it. That's what I did and I only got hit a few times by the minions.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Red Khezu weakness is Water element, it's weakness spot is neck.

Raika said:
This "Val" is very good. It's in the arena, he can fight freely since it's 1 on 1, no other monsters attacking him.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as for the red Khezu, I read that for this particular mission, the Khezu has an unusual amount of HP.

I am probably ill-equipped as well.
I'm using full Tigrex armor and this is a HR6 mission.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huh, idunno why you are having problems with red khezu, if you have killed enough tigrexes t get its armor i dont remember red khezu being much harder, just a little faster. (i think i killed it with "dragon blade fall" or something, whatever the poison longsword is)

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why I'm having trouble either.

It's not so much him killing me but I just think he has an abnormal amount of HP.
I remember reading something to that effect, too.

I mean, at one point I tried gunning him down with Pierce Shot lvl 1 x99, level 2 x99, normal shot lvl 3x99 lvl 2x99 and it still wasn't enough to kill him.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was gunning him I used a Tail String+ just because it could fire Water S. When Water S ran out, I switched to Pierce Lvl 1 and finally, if necessary, Pellet Lvl 1.

And I treated it like a normal Khezu when I went against it using my trusty LS and killed it fine with no problem. I just got careless at one point and got combo'd to death (Electric "coat" followed by Lunge with "coat" isn't cool >

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here are the stats on the Devil Slicer and the one I'm using, White Mantis.

Devil Slicer
450 thunder

White Mantis
210 water

So looking at those two, I would think you're use the one I'm using.
Or am I missing something?
Khezu is weaker to water, isn't he?

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Devante said:
Well here are the stats on the Devil Slicer and the one I'm using, White Mantis.

Devil Slicer
450 thunder

White Mantis
210 water

So looking at those two, I would think you're use the one I'm using.
Or am I missing something?
Khezu is weaker to water, isn't he?

only red khezu is weak to water. in this case i'd be using the white mantis as khezu doesnt take any thunder element damage. you can read more about how damage is calculated here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/928336/47934 though im not sure if the same formulae applies to unite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: