Hacking Monster Hunter 3 Save Transfer/Name Hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treflex

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
189
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
New Jersey, USA
XP
568
Country
United States
Well, i couldn't wait for the U.S. version of monster hunter tri, so i've been keeping myself occupied with the japanese one a few months. So i went out and bought the U.S. version, and i didnt feel like doing the 50+ hours I spent on the japanese version, so i tried transferring my save. What I did was, i opened up both the NTSC and japanese data.bin's with FE100 and i found the 6 save files, and i copied over my old one to the new save file. I repacked it, copied it to the wii, and lo and behold, it worked fine; So, I can confirm that you can transfer over your save from the JP to US version of Monster Hunter Tri!

Now the thing is, back when i started playing the japanese one, i hadnt foreseen all this, and i couldnt use the in-game keyboard without it freezing so I had to leave the name as the default HUNTER. I tried opening it up in a hex editor and changing it to the name i wanted in the new file, "Choogie", but it freezes up when i select Begin The Game, when it has to load the list of savefiles. I also tried replacing some bytes that looked like they were linked to the savefile's/character's name, but it still didn't work. So my question is, are there any hackers out there who know what they are doing and maybe have some experience with wii save hacking/using FE100 that know if i'm doing something wrong? am i throwing off some checksum by editing the savedata? Any help or steps in the right direction will be appreciated.
smile.gif
 

brett824

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
52
Trophies
0
XP
147
Country
United States
I was actually wondering this same exact thing. I too am named HUNTER.

Also, I played a bit of online in the JP version, will playing with that save on the US servers cause any problems? I don't want to get banned for 1000 years.
 

Skiller

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
150
Trophies
0
XP
213
Country
Canada
Treflex said:
Well, i couldn't wait for the U.S. version of monster hunter tri, so i've been keeping myself occupied with the japanese one a few months. So i went out and bought the U.S. version, and i didnt feel like doing the 50+ hours I spent on the japanese version, so i tried transferring my save. What I did was, i opened up both the NTSC and japanese data.bin's with FE100 and i found the 6 save files, and i copied over my old one to the new save file. I repacked it, copied it to the wii, and lo and behold, it worked fine; So, I can confirm that you can transfer over your save from the JP to US version of Monster Hunter Tri!

Now the thing is, back when i started playing the japanese one, i hadnt foreseen all this, and i couldnt use the in-game keyboard without it freezing so I had to leave the name as the default HUNTER. I tried opening it up in a hex editor and changing it to the name i wanted in the new file, "Choogie", but it freezes up when i select Begin The Game, when it has to load the list of savefiles. I also tried replacing some bytes that looked like they were linked to the savefile's/character's name, but it still didn't work. So my question is, are there any hackers out there who know what they are doing and maybe have some experience with wii save hacking/using FE100 that know if i'm doing something wrong? am i throwing off some checksum by editing the savedata? Any help or steps in the right direction will be appreciated.
smile.gif


what about a Cheat code would that help u .. i could find a code that will alow u to change the name of the character it should alow it to be saved to . ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Treflex

brett824

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
52
Trophies
0
XP
147
Country
United States
Skiller said:
what about a Cheat code would that help u .. i could find a code that will alow u to change the name of the character it should alow it to be saved to . ?

That would work too.
 

diego71102244

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
42
Trophies
0
XP
75
Country
Treflex said:
Well, i couldn't wait for the U.S. version of monster hunter tri, so i've been keeping myself occupied with the japanese one a few months. So i went out and bought the U.S. version, and i didnt feel like doing the 50+ hours I spent on the japanese version, so i tried transferring my save. What I did was, i opened up both the NTSC and japanese data.bin's with FE100 and i found the 6 save files, and i copied over my old one to the new save file. I repacked it, copied it to the wii, and lo and behold, it worked fine; So, I can confirm that you can transfer over your save from the JP to US version of Monster Hunter Tri!

Now the thing is, back when i started playing the japanese one, i hadnt foreseen all this, and i couldnt use the in-game keyboard without it freezing so I had to leave the name as the default HUNTER. I tried opening it up in a hex editor and changing it to the name i wanted in the new file, "Choogie", but it freezes up when i select Begin The Game, when it has to load the list of savefiles. I also tried replacing some bytes that looked like they were linked to the savefile's/character's name, but it still didn't work. So my question is, are there any hackers out there who know what they are doing and maybe have some experience with wii save hacking/using FE100 that know if i'm doing something wrong? am i throwing off some checksum by editing the savedata? Any help or steps in the right direction will be appreciated.
smile.gif

Do you really bought the game? i thought the game wasnt even out yet.
 

brett824

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
52
Trophies
0
XP
147
Country
United States
diego71102244 said:
Treflex said:
Well, i couldn't wait for the U.S. version of monster hunter tri, so i've been keeping myself occupied with the japanese one a few months. So i went out and bought the U.S. version, and i didnt feel like doing the 50+ hours I spent on the japanese version, so i tried transferring my save. What I did was, i opened up both the NTSC and japanese data.bin's with FE100 and i found the 6 save files, and i copied over my old one to the new save file. I repacked it, copied it to the wii, and lo and behold, it worked fine; So, I can confirm that you can transfer over your save from the JP to US version of Monster Hunter Tri!

Now the thing is, back when i started playing the japanese one, i hadnt foreseen all this, and i couldnt use the in-game keyboard without it freezing so I had to leave the name as the default HUNTER. I tried opening it up in a hex editor and changing it to the name i wanted in the new file, "Choogie", but it freezes up when i select Begin The Game, when it has to load the list of savefiles. I also tried replacing some bytes that looked like they were linked to the savefile's/character's name, but it still didn't work. So my question is, are there any hackers out there who know what they are doing and maybe have some experience with wii save hacking/using FE100 that know if i'm doing something wrong? am i throwing off some checksum by editing the savedata? Any help or steps in the right direction will be appreciated.
smile.gif

Do you really bought the game? i thought the game wasnt even out yet.

Mom 'n' pop stores.
 

Skiller

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
150
Trophies
0
XP
213
Country
Canada
SOme places have it a few PPl got it already from Gamestop


Test Name Change
4A000000 90000000
101B254A 000000??
101B254B 000000??
101B254C 000000??
101B254D 000000??
101B254E 000000??
101B254F 000000??
101B2550 000000??
101B2551 000000??
E0000000 80008000

test this im in the middle of something so i cant tell if it saves with it or if it works on anything but my file lol

Note its letter 1 to 7 from top to bottom


go to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII

Look for : > ASCII printable characters

And use them Hex values that are next to the letter u want to use .. note the game says 7 letters only so i did not try to go past 7 if u are goin to use less then 7 then just put 00
 

brett824

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
52
Trophies
0
XP
147
Country
United States
Skiller said:
SOme places have it a few PPl got it already from Gamestop


Test Name Change
4A000000 90000000
101B254A 000000??
101B254B 000000??
101B254C 000000??
101B254D 000000??
101B254E 000000??
101B254F 000000??
101B2550 000000??
101B2551 000000??
E0000000 80008000

test this im in the middle of something so i cant tell if it saves with it or if it works on anything but my file lol

Note its letter 1 to 7 from top to bottom


go to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII

Look for : > ASCII printable characters

And use them Hex values that are next to the letter u want to use .. note the game says 7 letters only so i did not try to go past 7 if u are goin to use less then 7 then just put 00

Is this for the US version or the JP version?
 

Skiller

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
150
Trophies
0
XP
213
Country
Canada
brett824 said:
Skiller said:
SOme places have it a few PPl got it already from Gamestop


Test Name Change
4A000000 90000000
101B254A 000000??
101B254B 000000??
101B254C 000000??
101B254D 000000??
101B254E 000000??
101B254F 000000??
101B2550 000000??
101B2551 000000??
E0000000 80008000

test this im in the middle of something so i cant tell if it saves with it or if it works on anything but my file lol

Note its letter 1 to 7 from top to bottom


go to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII

Look for : > ASCII printable characters

And use them Hex values that are next to the letter u want to use .. note the game says 7 letters only so i did not try to go past 7 if u are goin to use less then 7 then just put 00

Is this for the US version or the JP version?

its for the US version ..
 

Skiller

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
150
Trophies
0
XP
213
Country
Canada
So it saved your game with the new name ?

im working on hacking this game right now .
smile.gif
i will add that code to the list of codes thanks
smile.gif


man this version has chenged alot since the demo
tongue.gif
 

brett824

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
52
Trophies
0
XP
147
Country
United States
Alright, I got the code for name change working, but I can't get save transferring to work.

I unpack both of them with both with FE100, and then grab the data00 file from the nocopy folder of the JP save and put it in the NTSC save's nocopy folder. When I try to repack and install the save on my Wii, it gives me an error along the lines "not all data could be copied". And it doesn't work at all.
 

Treflex

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
189
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
New Jersey, USA
XP
568
Country
United States
Wow, thanks for the fast/enthusiastic replies!
biggrin.gif
Skiller, the code worked wonders. It was able to save my new name and it stayed when i loaded the game without the code. Thanks a bunch
biggrin.gif


Brett, i dont exactly know what the savegame manager is nor have i used it, but if it does just convert the JP save to a US save, it might not be safe because there is a file inside the data.bin called "network" and i have a feeling it would cause problems switching regions as the online systems for mh3 in Japan and the U.S are different. I could be wrong though xD
 

brett824

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
52
Trophies
0
XP
147
Country
United States
Treflex said:
Wow, thanks for the fast/enthusiastic replies!
biggrin.gif
Skiller, the code worked wonders. It was able to save my new name and it stayed when i loaded the game without the code. Thanks a bunch
biggrin.gif


Brett, i dont exactly know what the savegame manager is nor have i used it, but if it does just convert the JP save to a US save, it might not be safe because there is a file inside the data.bin called "network" and i have a feeling it would cause problems switching regions as the online systems for mh3 in Japan and the U.S are different. I could be wrong though xD

Well all it does is create unpacked dumps of the saves on your SD card. From there you can switch the data0X files and then install the unpacked form again.
 

wiiwax

Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
9
Trophies
0
XP
11
Country
United States
Can you play a backup online or do you need to buy the retail game for online play on the US servers?
 

duelle

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 30, 2008
Messages
7
Trophies
0
XP
205
Country
United States
Is there a way to transfer the save from one Wii to another if the Wiis are modded? It's one of those games where you can't move the save to an SD card normally.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    boomy @ boomy: bread