Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Hype Thread!!

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what ios do you need to play this? doesnt work on any with any of the ios' i have with usb loader gx, it just messes up when i hit start game, i has ios 222, 223, 250 and 249

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evanft said:
I have 222 and cIOS 38 updated to 5 and 19, respectively. I tried running the game using Cfg USB Loader v56 with 222 and 002 fix, still gave me the problem where it starts, but as soon as a select Begin Game it freezes with a loud buzzing noise.

This is what happens to me. Hopefully someone figures it out.

Zharay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also got it working, but with some mixed results.

I've got it going on Configurable USB Loader, booting the game on 223, no other fixes or settings.

The game runs, but I have to be quick to enter. For instance, if I leave the game on, let it play the title movie, and let the movie finish, the screen goes black with no buzzing (BTW, it buzzes before showing this movie when it loads using my default IOS set to 222 so I know the difference). It never loads or receives input so I have to get up and turn off the Wii.

Another situation is when I'm loading my game and choosing whether to play offline (village) or online (city). The game shows a connection error at the top right (to be expected). If I hang around the screen long enough, the game hangs.

So far I haven't seen anything else wrong yet. I can save and load just fine and have a good hour in the game so far. I suspect that it might be the image and not the game and hopefully a good rip will be done by myself when I get the game next week.

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
List of confirmed working methods
In all honesty not much has changed from the NTSC-J release of the game. There are a ba gillion guides to get this running but let's break it down for all of you again. [Sorry if your specific loader isn't on here but hey... as long as it works]
You can block disc updates through the loaders or the priiloader hacks
Disc Loading:
-NeoGamma
cios 249 Rev 19 with ios37 as base ios
-GeckOS
Install Darkorp Full
Run game through GeckOS
-Softchip(r102)
Get SoftChip r102:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ne0orfmxuwy

To play from disc(without modchip) you need either a cIOS37 or cIOS55, select it in SoftChip, enable Fake IOS Version, UNcheck Load Requested IOS and launch the game.

If you have cioscorp installed, then you can select Load Requested IOS, all others should either
install a cIOS37 or cIOS55 wad, select IOS37 or IOS55 in SoftChip
or
install cIOS37rev19 and select IOS249 in SoftChip
or
install cIOS37rev19 and use NeoGamma
-Disc Loading Channel( PREFERRED AND EASIER METHOD for quick play no hassle )
Install Darkorp 1.0 Full
Install preloader or startpatch to disable disc updates
Load game from the disc loading channel

USB Loading:
Make sure to use Hermes v4 installer
If you have v5 just overwrite it with the v4 installer
or use Anytitle deleter to remove ios 222 & 223
Make sure to install the ios's with ios38 merged to 37
-USB Loader GX
1. usb loader gx 929 wad
2. vidtv patch on
3. 002 fix to yes
4. ios 223
-CFG Loader
1. cIOS v4 223 with 38+37 merged
-Wiiflow
1. Load with IOS222 or IOS223
I will spend most of my time siphoning through this thread and other places for the right set ups.

YES THE GAME WORKS ONLINE IT'S FREE TOO. HOWEVER CAPCOM WON'T ENABLE THEIR ONLINE SERVERS UNTIL THE 19TH OF APRIL AT 9PM PST(12 AM EST)
NO THEY WILL NOT BAN YOU FOR HAVING A MODIFIED WII THEY WILL BAN YOU FOR CHEATING(I.E. EDITING A FILE TO ENABLE YOU THINGS LIKE MAX HEALTH ETC.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this is actually one of the only wii games iv ever bought 0_0 but yeah MASSIVE monster hunter fan, absolutely Adore the series and think there some of the best games of all time IMO, oh and when you preoder it at game.co.uk you get a lovely rathalos head figurine
smileipb2.png

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
Berioth said:
Monster hunter is probably the most challenging game series currently, in all seriousness, its on an another level compared to average games

You...don't play a lot of games, huh?
It's a very, very easy game once you get the hang of it (an hour, possibly 2 tops). The "strategic" elements of the game (barrel rolls) make the game pretty easy. If you can spot that something is attacking, or about to attack...you can generally avoid the damage. Simple as that.
At least, that's how Tri works. Never played any others.

BAHAHAH are you retarded ?? you've obviously never fought a tigerex, it runs at you you doge then the motherf*cker does a 360 and f*cks you up everywhere. took me a while to beat it and can you imagine TWO of them f*cking TWO in the same arena a f*cking small ass arena that one tigerex could barely fit in!!!

Berioth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
vergilite said:
Hells Malice said:
Berioth said:
Monster hunter is probably the most challenging game series currently, in all seriousness, its on an another level compared to average games

You...don't play a lot of games, huh?
It's a very, very easy game once you get the hang of it (an hour, possibly 2 tops). The "strategic" elements of the game (barrel rolls) make the game pretty easy. If you can spot that something is attacking, or about to attack...you can generally avoid the damage. Simple as that.
At least, that's how Tri works. Never played any others.

BAHAHAH are you retarded ?? you've obviously never fought a tigerex, it runs at you you doge then the motherf*cker does a 360 and f*cks you up everywhere. took me a while to beat it and can you imagine TWO of them f*cking TWO in the same arena a f*cking small ass arena that one tigerex could barely fit in!!!

calm down too vergi, tigrex was hard but...he was just too weak to Greatswords,if you knew his timing with a greatsword you could get out unscathed, but otherwise hes a pain in the ass

Zharay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Safavid you might want to add one for CFG Loader.

Like in my post before, I was using CFG but it wasn't working correctly. I was using hermes' cIOS v5 223 (222 gives buzzing). I stepped back to cIOS v4 223 with 38+37 merged. Now all the problems I listed before are gone.

I'll try using cIOS rev19 though and see if I get the same results.

kevcart3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, after much trial & error, I finally got the game to work from a DVD. Here is what I did to get it to work:

- Install DARKCORP 1.0 for Disc Channel Loading
- Make sure you have Hermes v4 NOT 5. Doesn't seem to work when I try with v5
- Use Startpatch to skip disc channel updates so it doesn't tell you that you have to install a System Update.

I am currently playing the game, mileage may vary i suppose, but all the other methods failed except for this one for loading it from a DVD. For anyone who doesn't understand much about DARKCORP, MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A NAND BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS. It overwrites a good amount of the System Menu IOS files, so please don't brick your wii trying to do this, that would be bad.
frown.gif

Poodstheword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevcart3 said:
Okay, after much trial & error, I finally got the game to work from a DVD. Here is what I did to get it to work:

- Use Startpatch to skip disc channel updates so it doesn't tell you that you have to install a System Update.

I am currently playing the game, mileage may vary i suppose, but all the other methods failed except for this one for loading it from a DVD. For anyone who doesn't understand much about DARKCORP, MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A NAND BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS. It overwrites a good amount of the System Menu IOS files, so please don't brick your wii trying to do this, that would be bad.
frown.gif

I just made this account to ask about getting it to run on DVD, so thanks in advance if this does work!

Poodstheword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevcart3 said:

frown.gif

If you wouldn't mind, would you quickly tell me how to do this nand backup? Its been over a year since I didnt anything to my wii, and I'm a bit rusty.

kevcart3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poodstheword said:
If you wouldn't mind, would you quickly tell me how to do this nand backup? Its been over a year since I didnt anything to my wii, and I'm a bit rusty.

I have BootMii installed as Boot2, this is the method I would recommend, check here for more details on how to do that, ignore the homebrew channel steps and just read about how to install BootMii and determine whether you are able to install it in Boot2 or not.

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha...uide/the-basics

@demitrius: Yeah, that would be the ideal method if I had a USB drive set up for CFG Loader, but I don't have one, and it will not even boot unless it detects a USB drive, so I had to find another method.
frown.gif

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for your confirmations I will update my list with even more configurations.

Check in my signature********

Poodstheword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another noob question here kev, but how do I install startpatch? Do I extract it into the apps folder and install through homebrew or do I load it from Bootmii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EqY4iZP4iI?si=SnXrNV8JyKnbrp9j