Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Beginning Guide.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey anyone can tell me what button combination makes me cook on the spit? I have meat but all I end up doing is laying it on the floor!!

thanks in advance.

EDIT - saw the prev. post. sorry GodLike you are the man.

DARKSHIDARA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn mine gets stuck when i click to name char and nope the patch didnt work either
sad.gif
sad.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
DARKSHIDARA said:
damn mine gets stuck when i click to name char and nope the patch didnt work either
sad.gif
sad.gif

Then you probably have the wrong ISO for patching. Please refer to the site where you´ve got the patch from and check for CRC numbers which state if your version is ok or not.

To play the game and to be able to change your name see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp2oLFbOjeA

smythe666

Trophies
XP
Country
i used the english patch and i only had the scrubbed iso but he does give u the bits that have bn scrubbed out just check a bit further down his blog at mh3englishpatch,i dont remember link but its in this thread and then i used godlikes beginners guide.the guide ruled but the patch didnt help that much but it does tell u most of what to do,just the very important bits,once i done the beginners guide i got to the quests and thats where theres much more english and u check the quest log and u know what 2 do.
must admit tho the english patch and beginners guide is so IMPORTANT to get anywhere with this game on the wii well the japanes version.
thanks so much for everyone involved in all of these patches and guides.nice,nice work.
gbasp.gif

smythe666

Trophies
XP
Country
i used the english patch and i only had the scrubbed iso but he does give u the bits that have bn scrubbed out just check a bit further down his blog at mh3englishpatch,i dont remember link but its in this thread and then i used godlikes beginners guide.the guide ruled but the patch didnt help that much but it does tell u most of what to do,just the very important bits,once i done the beginners guide i got to the quests and thats where theres much more english and u check the quest log and u know what 2 do.
must admit tho the english patch and beginners guide is so IMPORTANT to get anywhere with this game on the wii well the japanes version.
thanks so much for everyone involved in all of these patches and guides.nice,nice work.
gbasp.gif

dam newbie as i am,i submited it twice so twice the thanks and sorry 4 posting twice.

piwikiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, actually did get English patch working!!

Can someone PLEASE give me details on how to get the pickaxe and access area 4? I have tried all Radiants steps again and again, but I can't get the pickaxe.

Thanks!

Piwi

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
piwikiwi said:
Okay, actually did get English patch working!!

Can someone PLEASE give me details on how to get the pickaxe and access area 4? I have tried all Radiants steps again and again, but I can't get the pickaxe.

Thanks!

Piwi
did the weaponsmith and elder have a yellow box over there heads after talking to the tally guy?

I'll update & format the guide a bit better later. i kinda made it and forgot about it
tongue.gif
i might add how to do some of the quests as well.

piwikiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, he didn't. The tally guy has a flashing red box (treasure chest type) at the bottom option ("delivery req.) but I can't access it, there is some red text in the left of the screen.

I had previously dragged some icons to the book in the lower right corner with "Z+A" but it now shows a red cross if I try to drag anything. Do I need to get rid of stuff, maybe?

Thanks for your info!

p.s. It would be great if someone posts a full gamesave somewhere so that all the monsters are unlocked in the battle arena.

Piwi.

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
piwikiwi said:
No, he didn't. The tally guy has a flashing red box (treasure chest type) at the bottom option ("delivery req.) but I can't access it, there is some red text in the left of the screen.

I had previously dragged some icons to the book in the lower right corner with "Z+A" but it now shows a red cross if I try to drag anything. Do I need to get rid of stuff, maybe?

Thanks for your info!

p.s. It would be great if someone posts a full gamesave somewhere so that all the monsters are unlocked in the battle arena.

Piwi.

Means you haven't redeemed the points yet. talk to the tally guy, select option 2. it should show a picture of the jagii, how many you've killed and the total points you get. keep on clicking, you should hit a rewards screen, send it to your box and then click on option 4.
yay.gif

piwikiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OKAY! That helped! I went to the smithy and got a pickaxe (it went to my itemsbox?), and I got 500z from the elder. Area 4 opened up and I explored it with a torch, killed some leech things and left the cats alone (mostly) while checking out their cave.

I think I found the iron ore, but I get an icon of a pickaxe with a red cross through it, I see no way of selecting my pickaxe.

Uhhh, sorry guys....I feel real stupid but I can't work it out....so.....help!

Thank you!

Piwi

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You'll notice a little pop-up with a picture of your pickaxe when you are near a vein you can mine. you can usually see them as they stick out like a sore thumb , they're like a small rock with lots of coloured gems all over. otherwise look for a crack in the wall. either way, when you walk near them you should see the popup.

piwikiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks man, I feel like a total fool because I just found out that I had the pickaxe in the box in my house....I just had to take it out.

Thanks again for the Tutorial on page 1!

Piwi

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
If you see this icon it means that you actually dont have a pickaxe^^

It shows you there is something to mine but that you dont have a pickaxe.

You cannot select your pickaxe manually, when the pickaxe sign appears on a mining spot, without the red cross of course, just hit A and the mining begins.

groxack

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this is a great help,but I´m stuck on the 5 star missions ,I complete all the missions but and I don´t receive the next urgent mission.
hate2.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
groxack said:
this is a great help,but I´m stuck on the 5 star missions ,I complete all the missions but and I don´t receive the next urgent mission.
hate2.gif

I´m in mid of the 5* missions, what is exactly your problem, maybe I can help.

RyderJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, dude, you're awesome for doing this. I'm running an english patched one, but so little is translated that I really needed this guide. Kudos to you.

One question, though, how do you pause now? MHFU was my first monster hunter game, and it's not in the menu like it is there. I'm going through the tutorial, so it's infinite time, but if I have to leave for a bit and don't want to turn it off, I don't wanna lose all my stamina.

I'll go crazy if that feature's not there... it'd mean big boss fights will involve me having to dedicate an hour straight to the game. Answering the door could be tough when I end up facing an Albatrion.

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
groxack said:
hate2.gif

you might need to do some of the tally dude's upgrades/missions. unsure though.

QUOTE(RyderJ @ Sep 2 2009, 02:26 PM) Ahhh, dude, you're awesome for doing this. I'm running an english patched one, but so little is translated that I really needed this guide. Kudos to you.

One question, though, how do you pause now? MHFU was my first monster hunter game, and it's not in the menu like it is there. I'm going through the tutorial, so it's infinite time, but if I have to leave for a bit and don't want to turn it off, I don't wanna lose all my stamina.

I'll go crazy if that feature's not there... it'd mean big boss fights will involve me having to dedicate an hour straight to the game. Answering the door could be tough when I end up facing an Albatrion.

just press the home button
gbasp.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
.Radiant said:
groxack said:
hate2.gif

you might need to do some of the tally dude's upgrades/missions. unsure though. This is a possibility, just try it.

QUOTE(RyderJ @ Sep 2 2009, 02:26 PM) Ahhh, dude, you're awesome for doing this. I'm running an english patched one, but so little is translated that I really needed this guide. Kudos to you.

One question, though, how do you pause now? MHFU was my first monster hunter game, and it's not in the menu like it is there. I'm going through the tutorial, so it's infinite time, but if I have to leave for a bit and don't want to turn it off, I don't wanna lose all my stamina. What do you mean, pause like stop playing and grab a cold drink or some^^ or pause like resting your char and refill your life? For the first just press home button... second one go back to camp and use the bed to rest. for refilling your stamina use ration or well done steak...

just press the home button
gbasp.gif
:-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://i.ibb.co/ryyCd9J/20240526-163308.jpg I got a new friend guys