Mods Gone

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by salemblack, May 3, 2013.

1. salemblack
    OP

salemblack Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    My roommate is moving and is taking the Wii with him. He does not care for mods and I want to make the Wii just its regular old self and whatever the current version is. I have not used it in a long time. Its 4.1 right now. Somebody erased the home brew channel, which is a problem.

I have no idea how to unmod this thing so that he has no problems in the future with the shop channel pr anything. At this point I am fearful that a format is my only option and I dont want to lose anything. Any help would be amazing. Sorry for the stupidity.

2. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    just have an internet connection and then do a system update from within the settings and it will remove the mods

3. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    format is not an option btw

rooskie54 likes this.
  4. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    Absolutely cannot stress this enough. Never under any circumstances format a softmodded wii. Connecting to the internet and updating will remove all your cIOSes and cMIOS. Then clean up my removing any custom channels it didn't get.

5. salemblack
    OP

salemblack Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    Sorry I was not able to reply to now. Life got crazy. Thankfully I did not format. I disabled priiloader from blocking updates but I always get error code 32004 when I go to update. I cycled my router but no dice. I get the warning screen about how if your system is modded then no update. Think I might be boned as far as updates go.

No idea what Im going to do. Going to talk to my friend about just leaving it the way it is. I am on 4.1 so maybe I can at least update it to the latest with modmii. I don't know who last turned this thing on but it seems they deleted the homebrew channel and I have no idea how to get it back. If I use modmii to move up to 4.3 can I gt it back?

I just want to also add thanks to the people that responded. I appreciate it.

6. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    yeah use mod me and you can get HBC back

7. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    I'd suggest doing the following:
    • reinstall the Homebrew Channel using the HackMii installer
    • use AnyTitleDeleter MOD to delete any forwarders, cIOSes & cMIOS
    • use the Priiloader installer to uninstall any hacks and restore your System Menu
    • uninstall the Homebrew Channel and BootMii (IOS254) using the hackmii installer
    • then to finish, do a system update.
    Edit: I've included any links that you'll need without the need to use ModMii

MassiveRican likes this.
  8. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    remember that if you disable hacks in priiloader you DO have to save the changes at the bottom of the screen for it to take effect.

9. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Not really. I tried that, and I still had the homebrew channel, and all my mods (with the exception of custom IoSs and the dark wii theme

10. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Any OTHER mods I'd think would just be installed channels and such that you could delete in the data management section of your wii's settings.