Hacking Mods Causing Lag Online? (SSB4)

xXMelvinXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently decided to get mods for Smash 4, and even made quite a few myself, but ever since loading them I find it impossible to play online (with friends or For Glory) due to lag. The only mods I have installed are custom skins for characters and GUIs to go with them, as well as one voice pack. When I first started using the mods, the lag online caused the game to constantly freeze for extended periods of time, and while it appears to have improved since then the game is still unplayable over the internet. I have confirmed that the problem is not with my internet connection or my Wii U in general because Mario Kart 8 (which is much more graphically intensive than Sm4sh and has 12 players connected at a time as opposed to 2-4) runs perfectly to this day. I tried reinstalling the latest patch for Sm4sh and it didn't fix the problem. I used to have lagless matches on for Glory consistently, but now the game can only be played locally whether the mods are loaded or not. I have seen countless people and have friends who even play online with mods running and have no lag, so I don't know what I could have to cause this issue. If anyone knows what could be done to restore my ability to play online, I would greatly appreciate some info.

Thanks in advance,

Melvin

D

Deleted-379826

So I recently decided to get mods for Smash 4, and even made quite a few myself, but ever since loading them I find it impossible to play online (with friends or For Glory) due to lag. The only mods I have installed are custom skins for characters and GUIs to go with them, as well as one voice pack. When I first started using the mods, the lag online caused the game to constantly freeze for extended periods of time, and while it appears to have improved since then the game is still unplayable over the internet. I have confirmed that the problem is not with my internet connection or my Wii U in general because Mario Kart 8 (which is much more graphically intensive than Sm4sh and has 12 players connected at a time as opposed to 2-4) runs perfectly to this day. I tried reinstalling the latest patch for Sm4sh and it didn't fix the problem. I used to have lagless matches on for Glory consistently, but now the game can only be played locally whether the mods are loaded or not. I have seen countless people and have friends who even play online with mods running and have no lag, so I don't know what I could have to cause this issue. If anyone knows what could be done to restore my ability to play online, I would greatly appreciate some info.

Thanks in advance,

Melvin
Have you tried without mods?

jc5504

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot compare your online connection on Mario Kart to your online connection in smash bros. Smash uses very precise position tracking and timing, because the game is fundamentally played that way. Mario Kart is based mostly on how good you are at racing, so the server makes a lot of approximations on timing and positioning. Your interaction with others is less important.

A good example that shows this is the online capabilities on the Wii. The Wii had very minimal online multi-player capabilities. That's why smash brawl was so bad. It was so laggy. But the
Mario Kart Wii servers were great, and online multi-player was very popular there, because of the aforementioned reasons.

If you really want to test your internet, play smash online without mods.

Reactions: sup3rgh0st

xXMelvinXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, playing without the mods doesn't fix the problem, and the only thing that changed between having my having a lagless online experience and my current state was installing the aforementioned mods. I thought it might be something related to my account or ip address being tagged for having mods and therefore putting me on some banlist, but I tried using different accounts on my Wii U and changing my ip address, but that didn't fix the problem either. Maybe I need a different NNID?

rbsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, playing without the mods doesn't fix the problem, and the only thing that changed between having my having a lagless online experience and my current state was installing the aforementioned mods. I thought it might be something related to my account or ip address being tagged for having mods and therefore putting me on some banlist, but I tried using different accounts on my Wii U and changing my ip address, but that didn't fix the problem either. Maybe I need a different NNID?

You only changed your IP address?! Dear god man - you have to change your MAC address and move to South Korea if you are actually serious about online play.

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you able to try another Wii U at your connection?
Maybe call a friend to come over and bring his wii u for testing purpose^^

xXMelvinXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll ask a friend to come test my connection soon. Until then, the only explanation I can see for my lack of a good connection is the mods I installed.

baselhamad

"F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll ask a friend to come test my connection soon. Until then, the only explanation I can see for my lack of a good connection is the mods I installed.
i already did a test for free DLC by SDCafiine and it works with online and no lag online

Reactions: Derron

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
this happens to me too, i also doubted the mods.

but when i tried exiting out of lobbies and entering newer ones it lagged less, and 1v1 rarely lags for me.

so try to exit out, it is mostly someone else whoo is lagging, as long as you are using wifi safe mods you should be fine!

scott0bloke

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe your internet is a potato or you have a apple as a modem try connecting via Ethernet cord if you havnt already? smash online has always been some what shit or it could be your unlucky and connecting to people from distant lands I reckon you just got a shitty modem and or net

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe your internet is a potato or you have a apple as a modem try connecting via Ethernet cord if you havnt already? smash online has always been some what shit or it could be your unlucky and connecting to people from distant lands I reckon you just got a shitty modem and or net
Would be odd because he told it worked fine before.
I think hes just unlucky with his region, maybe he really get often connected to someone 99999km away from him

Gesendet von meinem XT1562 mit Tapatalk

xXMelvinXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plot Twist: I just played tested Smash 3DS, and it is the same story: Mario Kart 7 is lagless but Smash is unplayable online. Until about a month ago, both my 3ds and Wii U had no lag playing Sm4sh online, and I even played on Anther's Ladder often with no complaints from my opponents. I have not changed routers, or moved, or done anything that would mess with my consoles' connection, except install mods on my Wii U. In general my wifi is good with a speed of around 50mbps, so I just don't see what could be causing the issue. Anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Guilmon35249vr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Plot Twist: I just played tested Smash 3DS, and it is the same story: Mario Kart 7 is lagless but Smash is unplayable online. Until about a month ago, both my 3ds and Wii U had no lag playing Sm4sh online, and I even played on Anther's Ladder often with no complaints from my opponents. I have not changed routers, or moved, or done anything that would mess with my consoles' connection, except install mods on my Wii U. In general my wifi is good with a speed of around 50mbps, so I just don't see what could be causing the issue. Anyone have an idea of what it could be?
Mario Kart, as explained earlier, doesn't use precise locations while playing. All it really sends is your general location, the angle you're facing, and what you're doing (and in the case of Mario Kart Wii, it even did this one player at a time). It only sends the exact location if your console shows someone too far away from where they really are. Doing it this way means it uses a lot less data, which is good since in Wii and 8, you can have 12 people in the same race.
Smash only sends button presses to each player, and before it progresses the match, it has to make sure everyone has received the inputs to avoid desync (and if anyone didn't receive it at all, it sometimes just gets skipped, which explains dropped inputs). If you're loading your mods over network (eg, though Cafiine), then that could explain the lag, as you're using your bandwidth to stream file data from a computer and it takes away from what the game can use to communicate with players.
If you're using an SD Card to load files (eg SDCafiine) then I have no idea where the lag comes from. I don't get any extra lag playing online with mods this way.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Smash Bros just has horrible servers/coding from Nintendo's side, nothing you can do. It just sucks ass online just like on the Wii. Mario Kart generally works great and so does Call of Duty (which has a similar emphasis on connection/player combat like Smash Bros. yet they got it somewhat right). I guess you will only have good connections in Smash Bros. if you happen to play with people from the same country and when everyone has good Internet which of course is pretty rare to happen all at once...

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

Derron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried without mods?
I kind of have this problem but mine is worse. Ok so I have Nairo's march modpack, and when I go online nobody is ever in the room but me. Even without mods it is still broken. It all started once I got this modpack. Anyway to help?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have this problem but when i go to a room with my mpds online no one is ever there any way to help?
i already did a test for free DLC by SDCafiine and it works with online and no lag online
have that same mod!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.