Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

grogargh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent work.

My only comment is that while downloading, I barely noticed that it got "stuck" while stating that it was "grabbing" something - noticed that there was no activity on the ethernet. I guess it timed out and any message it might have stated was cleared too quickly to notice as it went on to the next IOS to download. I did not catch which one got stuck on.

It eventually finished the rest of what it was grabbing and stated that it was successful.

Being over-cautious, I moved what it had downloaded to another place and re-did the download. This time I stared at it and did not get the pause and it again finished downloading. I did a compare of the download with the pause and without - and no surprise i had one more WAD than the other.

My point is - the paused one told me in the end that it finished successfully, which was not true - this might lead to problems for others - there should be a message to tell you that something did not download - maybe even a retry?

Just a suggestion to make this excellent creation better.

Thanks for it.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
longtom1 said:
Downloaded miosV10 when I tried it for 3.2e
A ok
No problem then
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xflak: Fantastic work! I, for one, am very appreciative of the batch files you've been throwing together. This is another very handy, idiot-friendly pack. Keep it up!
biggrin.gif

(you're making all this so much easier for us idiots
wink.gif
)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, my GUI is almost done
It should make it even easier than it already is, and a little nicer to look at
tongue.gif

Currently I have:[*]Splash screen[*]Select version (3 radiobuttons)[*]Select region (again with radiobottons)[*]Download stubs (a single checkbox
tongue.gif
)[*]Download channels (list of checkboxes)[*]-> Progress bar has to come here
The only problem is that it doesn't remember the chose version/region after you change page
frown.gif

But I'll find out how to do that
tongue.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
hey guys, just a little taste of what is to come...

i'm adding this as a new option (now, when you're at the first screen, your options will be 4.2/4.1/3.2/none/list)

if you enter list, it will take u to this screen

b4yzo4.jpg

I've actually finished this already, but I'm working on an SFV checker (to verify the integrity of the wads)... I should finish it in a day or 2 at the most (but since 2morrow is Friday, all bets are off!)

@TJ_cool, I'll send it to you once I'm done, but i imagine whatever gui your working on for this is going to need to be fixed up to incorporate my changes (honestly, gui's are awesome... but i don't think it would make it much easier than it already is... but it sounds like your having fun with making it, lol, so go nuts!)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
@TJ_cool, I'll send it to you once I'm done, but i imagine whatever gui your working on for this is going to need to be fixed up to incorporate my changes (honestly, gui's are awesome... but i don't think it would make it much easier than it already is... but it sounds like your having fun with making it, lol, so go nuts!)
Well, the basics are still lying in the bat file (so you still open the bat file, and you'll still see the bat screen)
But the questions to the user are asked in some pop-up boxes.
tongue.gif

The only things I found easier is that you can simply click things (instead of having to enter Y or N on 8 different pages)
and that you can put a custom Directory to download the files to (so you can directly put them on SD if you want)
smile.gif

btw: yes I like doing this kind of stuff
I'm studying for it, so I'd better like it
rofl2.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hey, if anyone wants to help me, i have 1 quick Q (I could find out myself, but i'm busy with other stuff... so no1 start bitching about asking this Q, you don't HAVE to give me a hand)

but my Q is, where are the files saved on the sd card if you were to install the internet channel using dop-ios

is it:

SD:0010001\48414445\v0 (for US),
SD:0010001\48414450\v0 (for PAL) and
SD:0010001\4841444A\v0 (for JAP)

nus downloader doesn't have a version number (just left blank), so i am unsure of the last folder name (if it should be called v0 or whatever)

If any1 could give me a quick answer I'd really appreciate it (it would save me from having get wifi running on my wii and installing the internet channel on my wii using NUS)

EDIT: Nevermind, i decided only to keep the wad for any wii channels, I'm only going to keep the unpacked files for Active IOSs & system menu's (as DOP-IOS can patch these, so these files still serve a purpose without being overly redundant)

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an excellent little app to add to softmod guides for noobs!!! Thank you very much!! Excellent work, too
smile.gif

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
just use the wad manager multi-mod, links in the first post

You link to the multi-mod thread, but you never mentioned it's the multi-mod version of WadManager 1.5. You should make it clearer.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
robiul said:
why can't I download it

its because I am using linkbucks to forward you to mediafire, but linkbucks' server is down, so its not forwarding u to the mediafire page like it should

here's the direct link
*link removed*see first post for working links

but note that I will be uploading version #2 within a couple days

sorry about my links being dead, if linkbucks doesn't fix their server or w/e soon I will have to post new links for all my downloads.... what a pain in the ass, linkbucks better start working again!

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, Thanks for your hard work on your free time. This will be very handy and I cant wait until your next release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-