Modifying Forecast Channel/Forecast Channel Data?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by namine207, Dec 19, 2013.

1. namine207
    OP

namine207 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Hello!

I've been playing through Nights: Journey of Dreams a lot, and one of the features I really miss now that Nintendo's started shutting down Wii services was the ability to have the weather in the My Dream area reflect the weather in the real world. Now, I know this may sound like I'm trying to do something completely pointless, but I was wondering if there was a way to get that working again somehow. Like, for example, editing the forecast channel data to look for info on a different ip (Since all it needs are .bin files with the weather data in them).

I'm not going to lose sleep over it or anything, but it really was one of my more magical moments with the Wii, I thought about how cool it would be to see it snowing in-game during the winter months again.

Thanks for hearing me out! I really hope that this can be done. :D
    -Namine207

whatupdog and bezem like this.
  2. bezem

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States
    I'm with you; I'd love to reignite the Wii Services using homebrew means. Just not sure anyone cares enough to do so unfortunately. I've been in a few threads trying to get something like this going but never get any traction.

3. whatupdog

whatupdog Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2013
    United States
    I think this is a great idea also, especially if it can be automated so that nobody has to expend too much effort in the long run.

bezem likes this.
  4. bezem

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States
    I've always been more into the hardware side of things, so unfortunately I have no skills to get this going.