United States
I want to update this to d2x v6, but curious, where do I get:

cIOS246[37]-v21d2x6.wad
cIOS247[38]-v21d2x6.wad
cIOS248[58]-v21d2x6.wad

I was able to get:

cIOS249[56]-v21d2x6.wad
cIOS250[57]-v21d2x6.wad

from modmii, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get the first 3.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mrbudders said:
Ok I have a 4.3 usa wii.. Have Batman...Have files from Email...followed step by step, when I go to the last character, I get the following errors
SD card not present? (-1056964576)
SD card not found (-1056964576)
USBGecko not found
No code found to load, hanging.

I have a 4gb sdhc card....Is this the problem? I seen that in the needed items it says" non sdhc preferred" this is why I ask. I have used this before ( about 3 months ago with no issues) not sure if I had a reg or a sdhc card then .

Also something I found odd at the top of this error report it says "savezelda v1.7-g1042d5c-dirty"

The zelda part is odd to me....
You need a regular SD card. I suggest this one because it is available at most places that sell video games, cheap, and has full compatibility with homebrew.
QUOTE(RiPPn @ Jun 21 2011, 11:04 AM) I want to update this to d2x v6, but curious, where do I get:

cIOS246[37]-v21d2x6.wad
cIOS247[38]-v21d2x6.wad
cIOS248[58]-v21d2x6.wad

I was able to get:

cIOS249[56]-v21d2x6.wad
cIOS250[57]-v21d2x6.wad

Either use ShowMiiWads to change the slots, or use the regular installer. I recommend the latter option. You can find the installer in the d2x thread.

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the response. I actually had a 2gb sd card that was doing a good job of hiding from me. It worked flawlessly.
Now I have ran into a little bit of a different problem, semi related
I try to access the internet options and it tells me that there is a parental code. I contact the people I got the Wii from and they have no idea. Any way to reset this code? Would I need to do a factory settings restore? Thanks again

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
RiPPn said:
I want to update this to d2x v6, but curious, where do I get:

cIOS246[37]-v21d2x6.wad
cIOS247[38]-v21d2x6.wad
cIOS248[58]-v21d2x6.wad

I was able to get:

cIOS249[56]-v21d2x6.wad
cIOS250[57]-v21d2x6.wad

Either use ShowMiiWads to change the slots, or use the regular installer. I recommend the latter option. You can find the installer in the d2x thread.

Ended up using the installer, thanks for the response!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FYI, you can also get those from ModMii's Advanced Downloads page, just select the base cIOS you want (ie. cIOS249[37]-v21d2x6.wad) and change the slot to whatever you want (ie. selecting 246 will construct cIOS246[37]-v21d2x6.wad). Anyways, you already got it figured out but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else reads this and wants to know all their options.

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
FYI, you can also get those from ModMii's Advanced Downloads page, just select the base cIOS you want (ie. cIOS249[37]-v21d2x6.wad) and change the slot to whatever you want (ie. selecting 246 will construct cIOS246[37]-v21d2x6.wad). Anyways, you already got it figured out but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else reads this and wants to know all their options.

Tried this, if I type 246 I get "you have entered an incorrect key." The only way I see to select any cios is to go to "u = user-defined customer download (very advanced)" but I see no way to apply d2x through this option. So maybe I missed something.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
RiPPn said:
XFlak said:

Tried this, if I type 246 I get "you have entered an incorrect key." The only way I see to select any cios is to go to "u = user-defined customer download (very advanced)" but I see no way to apply d2x through this option. So maybe I missed something.
It's advanced, which is why I didn't mention it. Just use the installer.

omegadarkest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When running YAWMM Mltimod I get alot off the .wad files saying error -1
no code dumps and the wii reboots.

is this ok or was it not successful?
Its never been modded and running 4.3U

Thank in advance

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
omegadarkest said:
When running YAWMM Mltimod I get alot off the .wad files saying error -1
no code dumps and the wii reboots.

is this ok or was it not successful?
Its never been modded and running 4.3U

Thank in advance

Make sure the sd card is correctly formated to fat32. Which sd card are you using? Sandisk are the recommended brand.

HyperVisor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 4.3E system and tried to use the Super Smash Bros exploit to softmod. When I go to the stage builder, the Wii just freezes and makes a high pitched sound.

After a bit of searching it would appear as though you have to use an NTSC-U version of the game. This wasn't clear in the softmod instructions on the thread. I only found out from searching for reasons why it wouldn't work.

So, am I doing something wrong or do you have to have the NTSC version of the game? Can someone confirm what E based game I definitely can use to avoid another purchase?

Thanks

EDIT: Looks like there's an exploit for the E version of the game. Just tried it and it works.

Orta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys. I have my Wii running 4.1E with HBC and all sorts of tools and custom IOS files I installed throughout the months. Would it be safe to follow this guide from the beginning to update my Wii to 4.2E and then re-modify it? Also, is there any way I can use the shop after I complete the guide?

Thanks for your kind help!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orta said:
Hi guys. I have my Wii running 4.1E with HBC and all sorts of tools and custom IOS files I installed throughout the months. Would it be safe to follow this guide from the beginning to update my Wii to 4.2E and then re-modify it? Also, is there any way I can use the shop after I complete the guide?

Thanks for your kind help!
yes, it would be safe....but it would be a bit safer to stay at 4.1 and just update all your IOSes/cIOSes (EDIT: which this guide doesn't necessarily do; i thought i was posting in the Modmii thread, oops)....

technologiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii that a year or so ago was softmodded with 4.1. One of my kids friends decided he wanted to watch Netflix and updated it to 4.3.

I'm trying to softmod again and I've tried using the SSBB but when I go to the vault it just freezes.

Any idea what I need to do here? Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I figured it out - I thought just deleting the save file would work but I needed to start SSBB with the SD card ejected, delete all the save games from the vault then back out to main menu, reinsert SD card and try again.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technologiq said:
I have a Wii that a year or so ago was softmodded with 4.1. One of my kids friends decided he wanted to watch Netflix and updated it to 4.3.

I'm trying to softmod again and I've tried using the SSBB but when I go to the vault it just freezes.

Any idea what I need to do here? Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you delete the 3 stages...

-Erik

technologiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have another Wii (Launch, currently running 4.2U, Bootmii on boot2 and Priiloader) that I softmodded a year or so ago. I'd like to be able to use Netflix on it as well as to access the WiiShop channel, etc. Should I just follow this guide again? Will any harm be done?

I figure if I just do a NAND backup now before I start I should be OK regardless.

mary122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have IOS and system menu wad's in your download package.

Also, shouldn't IOS60 be installed BEFORE you install the system menu wad?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo