Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

DrFiishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oke maybe this has been asnwerd already...but what if i update my wii while the softmod is on...whont that mess up my wii?

also i would like to ask how do you enter the recovery mode...and how do you restore you wii when its bricked (rather ask it here then in a new topic)

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak is my daddy. sorry for the irrelavant post, I just noticed his signature or what ever you callit.

xzero is my daddy too
evil.gif

nayps3.gif

wub.gif

smelldonut

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bnwchbammer said:
smelldonut said:
Hi, i tried ur guide once couple of months ago and it worked like a charm.

but this new guide causes me a lil problem. After i finished all those steps. I can't seem to play the new burned game such as new super mario.

This wii had a hard mod on it and upgraded to v.4.2U... does it causes any problem normally?

Also, i also noticed this guide didn't provide the dvd launcher like the previous one that allowed us to play burned games, so are we supposed to play the burned dvd using the normal launcher?

Thx again,
There are links to backup loaders at the end of the guide.
If you don't have any backup launchers it's obviously not going to launch backups.
Unless you did, then that'd a different problem that I don't think I can answer.
Well i installed everything correctly, I even have the Neogamma r8

I'm using maxell dvd-r and i got error 1187 while trying to load the game in neogamma.

Would my Dvds be the source of my problem over here?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
S3xii Lexii said:
xflak is my daddy. sorry for the irrelavant post, I just noticed his signature or what ever you callit.

xzxero is my daddy too
evil.gif

nayps3.gif

wub.gif
lmao, I was just trolling this thread and saw your post! U seriously made me laugh! U know I luv u S3xii Lexii!

@xzxero, looks like we have to share her! I get weekends and holidays! lol

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
If I've used this guide to mod my Wii, I did it about a month ago, can I use it again in the future when a newer version comes along or do I need to use some other method?

hasteveha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a wii at version 4.2u. It has a wiikey installed. I extracted modify to an sd card,and when I go to settings, sd card, it won't load banner bomber. I've installed it fine on others wii before. It's not working on this one. Any ideas?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hasteveha said:
I have a wii at version 4.2u. It has a wiikey installed. I extracted modify to an sd card,and when I go to settings, sd card, it won't load banner bomber. I've installed it fine on others wii before. It's not working on this one. Any ideas?
You have to click on the small "SD" icon on the main screen, you don't have to go into Channel Management anymore, if you're on 4.2.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smelldonut said:
bnwchbammer said:
smelldonut said:
Hi, i tried ur guide once couple of months ago and it worked like a charm.

but this new guide causes me a lil problem. After i finished all those steps. I can't seem to play the new burned game such as new super mario.

This wii had a hard mod on it and upgraded to v.4.2U... does it causes any problem normally?

Also, i also noticed this guide didn't provide the dvd launcher like the previous one that allowed us to play burned games, so are we supposed to play the burned dvd using the normal launcher?

Thx again,
There are links to backup loaders at the end of the guide.
If you don't have any backup launchers it's obviously not going to launch backups.
Unless you did, then that'd a different problem that I don't think I can answer.
Well i installed everything correctly, I even have the Neogamma r8

I'm using maxell dvd-r and i got error 1187 while trying to load the game in neogamma.

Would my Dvds be the source of my problem over here?

If you have a newer Wii, post Oct 2008, it has a new DVD drive, that simply wont (and never will) read backups.

USB loading is the only way to go with newer Wii's.

If your is older, then I dont have the answer....

caffine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I want to thank the author for in literally hours of googling, I was not able to find a usable guide to someone who knows some, but not enough.

Now my question that I'm sure this has been answered in at least one of the last 378 pages...

--When in the MMM and modifying the priiloader hacks, I click save settings at the bottom but they don't seem to save. What could be going wrong?

caffine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I run priiloader from the HB menu, it goes straight to an installer. I don't see any option to change settings.

Edit: Nevermind, a bit of googling and I found the one piece of info missing from this how-to: if you don't get a priiloader menu after installing priiloader, they you hold down reset for a few seconds. Everything is good now!

How do I get back to the priiloader menu though? Do I have to hold down reset every time, or is there a way to install a channel that loads priiloader?

Any suggestions for a good wad loader? Do they all have to be run from the HBC?

ecsw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, thanks for the easy instructions. Easier than all others I can find.

Just want to add 1 thing.

The usb loader GX in the zip file doesn't work with some of the games. I believe it's version 7.xx. For example, Wii Sport Resort came with my black 4.2 wii which was ripped on my 3.4 old wii won't work.
It will show error reading. But if I use a newer USB Loader GX, then it will work on both my 4.2(black) and 3.4(white with wiikey)

caffine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, now I'm getting "unknown drive report 20080714" problem I need to solve. I was playing a backup last night, but now it's not working.

Only things I can think of, I played a backup of Rayman raving rabbids tv party without any options set in priiloader, and I switched from a 1gb sd used to install to a 16gb sdhc. I'll try switching cards back and see it that fixes it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp