• Total voters

jod8871

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
-snipped-

I get Wii few days ago and in console was 3.3 and I was update to 4.2.
When I put sd card i reader i extract by mistake modify.zip file on SD card in put in Wii an insall Homebrew chanel and MMM and
Priiloader.What can I do now?

Shou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed this guide and got it all working alright, but I can't boot any proper games from the system menu because the disc channel prompts me to perform a system update. I've had to resort to booting all my games through Neogamma which isn't that much of a hassle, but it would be nice to be able to just boot from the system menu if there's a simple solution.

I have a PAL Black Wii and it was 4.2E before I followed this tut. I think the only differences I made from this tut is that I have cIOS249[37]-v19 and cIOS250[38]-v19 installed.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jod8871 said:
xzxero said:
-snipped-

I get Wii few days ago and in console was 3.3 and I was update to 4.2.
When I put sd card i reader i extract by mistake modify.zip file on SD card in put in Wii an insall Homebrew chanel and MMM and
Priiloader.What can I do now?

Continue the guide...

QUOTE(Shou @ May 21 2010, 01:08 AM)
I followed this guide and got it all working alright, but I can't boot any proper games from the system menu because the disc channel prompts me to perform a system update. I've had to resort to booting all my games through Neogamma which isn't that much of a hassle, but it would be nice to be able to just boot from the system menu if there's a simple solution.

I have a PAL Black Wii and it was 4.2E before I followed this tut. I think the only differences I made from this tut is that I have cIOS249[37]-v19 and cIOS250[38]-v19 installed.
If you haven't already, install Priiloader and enable Block Disc Updates.

Shou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gordinio said:
If you haven't already, install Priiloader and enable Block Disc Updates.
I just checked the hacks again and I was using only block online updates, not disk updates so I put that one on too and it works a charms. Thanks a bunch!!!

YouKnowMySteez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very quick question: Will Mario Galaxy 2 (the retail copies) brick modded Wiis? My little borther is buying it Sunday and I don't want it to brick my wii....

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YouKnowMySteez said:
Very quick question: Will Mario Galaxy 2 (the retail copies) brick modded Wiis? My little borther is buying it Sunday and I don't want it to brick my wii....
We don't know ANYTHING about what updates are on the disc!!!

keoicorp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please reload the modify.zip? I tired on like several computers and is unable to download the modify 4.2 zip....I'm kinda just stuck here now.

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keoicorp said:
Can anyone please reload the modify.zip? I tired on like several computers and is unable to download the modify 4.2 zip....I'm kinda just stuck here now.
+1

A mirror would be greatly appreciated.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I followed all the instructions, but there seems to be 1 problem: 6 of the cIOSes didn't install. It said Reading (-1) then stopped installing. I have tried to softmod my Wii before, but following an earlier guide: could this be the problem?

dgforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did follow the guide step by step, everything seems to go very well but when i start usbloadergx the wii does not recognizes ANY kind of pendrives or hdd's, and i have tried both ports...it just timeout and thats all..

What should i do? Follow the steps again?

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to softmod my mates Wii (I've done my own already) but bannerbomb won't run on Data management/channels/sdcard the screen shows a question mark in one of the boxes, and there's no dialog popup

Help. he's got a 4.2 wii updated from nintendo.

I've go the latest files and am using the 4.2 guide from this site

***IGNORE*** idiot alert just because I've softmodded one wii I think I'm clever.
problem sorted.

x-out

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgforce said:
I did follow the guide step by step, everything seems to go very well but when i start usbloadergx the wii does not recognizes ANY kind of pendrives or hdd's, and i have tried both ports...it just timeout and thats all..

i'm in the same boat. any ideas from the pro's?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
x-out said:
dgforce said:

i'm in the same boat. any ideas from the pro's?
you guys have games on there?

what is the format of the USB drive?

x-out

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@x-out and dgforce, u may find reading this helpful
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...chers/iso/extra

frown.gif
i've read the materials before
frown.gif

i'm trying to get my flash drive to work and it isn't recognized.

i have formatted the flash drive with WBFS, added the iso with WBFS, and tried both ports of the wii. i have tried usb loader and coverfloader, both can't seem to find the drive.

am i missing a very easy step somewhere?

matthewf01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US Launch Wii and I hacked it about a year ago, and I've been using the Gecko loader disc channel to run disc backups, however newer games dont work (NSMB mainly). I'm a few firmware versions behind (I don't have SD game loading available).

I was wondering if I just update the system using System Update to the current firmware version, then follow the guide from this thread, will my system be updated and re-hacked properly, or is there an issue with trying to run system update on an already hacked Wii? I know I'll lose my modifications, but dont know if itll pose a problem when I try to re-hack..

Thanks guys!

matthewf01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
u r safe to do everything u just proposed

(unless ur wii was originally Korean, and u region changed it, then an official update will brick u if u haven't taken precautions against this)

Awesome -- I appreciate the quick response.
Last weekend's project was finishing setting up my Media Center pc, this weekend's project is updating the Wii
smile.gif

And no, it's a real-deal US unit.

The reason I'd asked is because I've seen some utilities for updating IOSes... do I need to worry about any IOSes not being updated, or you're saying that a Nintendo-provided update, then following the guide again from scratch will cover all my bases?

Thanks again man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o