Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

MysticX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
either the cios installs failed and u didn't notice the fail message, or u have a bad rip of the game, or your hard drive is dying (like mine
frown.gif
I'm backing up my data as we speak)

just noticed u said u installed the cios's using yawmm... did u get these from a reliable source (or make them yourself?). You may want to try using the actual cios installers if the wads u have are not working properly

edit: u can try configurable usb loader if u want, but usb loader gx should also work

No failure occured....and no...the hdd is not dying...it works just fine under windows.

I was told to use yawmm to install the wads and I downloaded the official version

hhmmm...

technologiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had some great help in here so far and I appreciate it but I'm still running into some problems.

Specifically - after following the instructions, when I try and run USBLoaderGX from a DOL via Homebrew I get the following error:

ERROR!
USB loader GX needs unstubbed cIOS 222 v4 or 249 v9.
I found:

222 = -36868
249 = -36868

I went through and removed stubbed IOS' using MMM so I'm not sure whats happening or what to do next. Thank you for your help guys.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
technologiq said:
I've had some great help in here so far and I appreciate it but I'm still running into some problems.

Specifically - after following the instructions, when I try and run USBLoaderGX from a DOL via Homebrew I get the following error:

ERROR!
I found:

222 = -36868
249 = -36868

I went through and removed stubbed IOS' using MMM so I'm not sure whats happening or what to do next. Thank you for your help guys.

After you removed them did you reinstall the non stubbed ones?

unusedplayer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priiloader wont install.....
unsure.gif

this is what it says :
-
Logged in as "su"!
Got ROOT!
Checking for Priiloader...
Priiloader not found.
Installing Priiloader...

Skipping copy of system menu ticket...
Moving System Menu app...
UNABLE TO MOVE THE SYSTEM MENU, ABORTING MISSION...
-

Anyone know y its doin that??

DWN-011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems to have been asked several times without complete answers, but do Black Wiis have any other limits besides No Backup-Disc support? Can I use this guide without any problem and NOT brick or damage the console? Many have been asking me this, and the only thing I can tell them is that it's only USB-Backups...

CWaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the steps in the guide to softmod my US Black Wii yesterday. Everything worked perfectly, no probs at all.

DWN-011 said:
This seems to have been asked several times without complete answers, but do Black Wiis have any other limits besides No Backup-Disc support? Can I use this guide without any problem and NOT brick or damage the console? Many have been asking me this, and the only thing I can tell them is that it's only USB-Backups...

technologiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technologiq said:

ERROR!
I found:

222 = -36868
249 = -36868

Anyone have any ideas what my next step should be here? When I try and remove stubs again it simply says there are none. If I try and run USBLoaderGX from a channel I just get a black screen. If I try and run it from the .DOL on a SD card I get the error above.

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am having a bit of a problem hoping someone can help me

I did not upgrade to 4.2 i stayed at 3.2 and installed HBC with Twilight hack

I installed HBC DVDX and bootmii as boot 2

Made my NAND backup and i fell asleep

the next day i leave on a work training retreat

I come home and my wife upgraded to 4.2 while I was gone

so today I go to do the MMM to do all that stuff.

it wont even let me do the IOS36 patching it gives me the message of downgrade failed....am I doing something wrong here do i have to reinstall HBC or something....someone help me please I am ready to sell this system this is so annoying

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rvd42387 said:
Ok I am having a bit of a problem hoping someone can help me

I did not upgrade to 4.2 i stayed at 3.2 and installed HBC with Twilight hack

I installed HBC DVDX and bootmii as boot 2

Made my NAND backup and i fell asleep

the next day i leave on a work training retreat

I come home and my wife upgraded to 4.2 while I was gone

so today I go to do the MMM to do all that stuff.

it wont even let me do the IOS36 patching it gives me the message of downgrade failed....am I doing something wrong here do i have to reinstall HBC or something....someone help me please I am ready to sell this system this is so annoying

Maybe you didn't have the proper files on the sd card root?

Also since your on 4.2 now you will need to reinstall bootmii as boot2 because it got overwritten when you updated to 4.2

Posts merged

QUOTE(puissance000 @ May 11 2010, 11:46 AM) Hi guys! I get 3 failed due to errors when installing the 6 wads (Restoring the Trucha Bug)! The 222, 223 & 249 failed!
Any help?

Did you delete the stubs first?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
A friend's other half has managed to install the Update on "FIFA World Cup 2010" DVD (on his 4.2 PAL Wii) and now his USB loader no longer works.

He thinks he was already on 4.2E anyway but he definitely is now. Presumably in order to get back to a working USB Loader he just needs to follow the steps from "Modify 4.2" and onwards right ?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
A friend's other half has managed to install the Update on "FIFA World Cup 2010" DVD (on his 4.2 PAL Wii) and now his USB loader no longer works.

He thinks he was already on 4.2E anyway but he definitely is now. Presumably in order to get back to a working USB Loader he just needs to follow the steps from "Modify 4.2" and onwards right ?

That is correct.

Don't forget priiloader so you can block disc and online updates so this doesn't happen again.

Chevanton84

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I updated my wii from 3.2e to 4.2E.
Before this I have updated the HBC (from 1.0.3 to 1.0.6) and installed boot mii as ios.
I noticed that after upgrading, some app freezes (black screen) and the only solution is to unplug the power ...
Actually it appens only with usb usb loader loader gx and configurable usb loader....
I have no idea .... Moreover when I start the game and from there I went back to the system menù, I found a black screen again ...

Anyone who knows something, please help me!
Thank you!

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
AdamBrunt said:

That is correct.

Don't forget priiloader so you can block disc and online updates so this doesn't happen again.

Thanks for that - and I'll make sure to tell him the last bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol