• Total voters

andrew5368

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brilliant, thanks a lot, i will try that now. I have bootmii on boot2 and a nand backup anyway so I can always restore.

So I guess it's going to go v6400 then v6174, i will try out and report back

Thanks again!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
andrew5368 said:
Brilliant, thanks a lot, i will try that now. I have bootmii on boot2 and a nand backup anyway so I can always restore.

Thanks again!
I dunno if it does something with that v6400
Just be sure its back on v6174 before you update and everything should be fine
smile.gif

edit: just remembered something: I think it installs v6174 as v6400. If it does that, it'll look like you have v6400, but you actually have v6174 installed.

But with bootmii as Boot2, almost nothing CAN go wrong
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dogmanky said:
Is anyone still supporting this AKA the email request for the modify.zip?

Mine's outdated and I need to mod a new 4.2U.
Its auto-reply mail
tongue.gif

If you didn't get anything and its not in the spam thingy, you'll have to google for the files

andrew5368

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
andrew5368 said:

Thanks again!
I dunno if it does something with that v6400
Just be sure its back on v6174 before you update and everything should be fine
smile.gif

edit: just remembered something: I think it installs v6174 as v6400. If it does that, it'll look like you have v6400, but you actually have v6174 installed.

But with bootmii as Boot2, almost nothing CAN go wrong
smile.gif

I used the internet and it worked fine, it says "using v6400 to downgrade to v6174" so may be worth updating the guide to say v6400 is also required

Everything working fine now! Thanks for the help

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
broksonic said:
Can i just update my 3.4e wii using the official update and bootmii on boot 2 wil still work as normal ?
There is a chance it'll overwrite bootmii as boot2
And you'll have to re-hack it afterwards

Think i'll stick with 3.4E because i know that if i did mange to brick my wii . I always have bootmii on boot 2 to install my nand

Piso Mojado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero, you have made the best soft-mod guide of all, and win the internets. If, god forbid, you ever consider retiring in style instead of relentlessly maintaining cutting edge soft-mod guide excellence, please consider dumping your guide on Wiki-Temp so that others can carry on the torch. Thanks and thanks again.

Lugger067

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this may seem a very easy question to answer but after i have done the update from 3.3e to 4.2 i have deleted from sd card and b
put the modify files on when i try tp access the cd card it just freezes i was thinking of just installing everything through hbc but i need to run bannerbomb again as it says to overwrite hbc with the ios's is there a solution.many thanks Lugger067

supernoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to 4.2 today and downloaded the simplistic files. When I put the SD card and try to select the SD Channel, the Wii freezes. I've tried this with two SD cards that worked on other Wii's. What is going on?

hoppler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, couple days ago i modded my Wii using this guide, and it's great! simple and easy to follow, Thanks for sharing.

I have a quick question. Im using the 4.2U menu and installed cioscorp 3.6 (no preloader installed). I want to run a NTSC-J back-up. Is there a way to force the region on backups without messing up with cioscorp?

thanks a lot in advance

I´ve been doing some research and found about startpatch and the "region free wii games" support it brings now. Is it safe to use having cioscorp 3.6 installed?

Radiata89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully modded my Wii (Thank you!) but, the newer backups like Naruto Clash Ex3 and Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers, come with Wii System updates when I load it on the System menu. What do I do?

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Radiata89 said:
I successfully modded my Wii (Thank you!) but, the newer backups like Naruto Clash Ex3 and Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers, come with Wii System updates when I load it on the System menu. What do I do?

When you boot the wii hold down the reset button so the preloader/priiloader screen comes up. Go into the system menu hacks section and enable 'block disc updates' and 'block online updates'.

_Dual_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some assistance here (bear with me since the thread is 320+ pages long.)!

I just bought a brand new Wii today and its current firmware version is 4.0U, I just checked and bootmii can only be installed as an IOS.

Now I have a few questions:

1. Should I update my wii's firmware to the lastest one (using the update firmware option within the console) BEFORE doing any of the procedures stated here?
1.1. If it's possible to update to 4.2 within the console, should I start with the modify.zip part of the guide, right?

2. Is possible to create a NAND backup of the current state of my wii before doing anything to it? Similar to creating a clean image of a newly installed OS.
3. Is possible to restore the console to a clean state just in case I need to send it back for warranty.
4. Do I need to keep the SD card inserted all the time?
5. Is possible to play PAL games on it?

PS: English is not my main language so I'm trying to be sure I got all the info right before doing anything.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol