• Total voters

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just get pre/priiloader or startpatch and use the hack to block disc updates.The new mario game only has 4.1 update on it anyway so all it would do is update your ios files that are outdated it wouldn't brick your wii at all.There are no games that contain a 4.2 update on disc yet.

dchampi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the detailed steps of what I did.

I updated my wii to 4.2u through nintendo before trying to mod it.
So I went to the Modify 4.2 section.
Put modify.zip on my 2GB Fat32 formatted SD card.
Installed HBC, DVDX & set Bootmii as IOS.
Made a NAND backup. Then put Bootmii, NAND.bin, & keys.bin on my PC.
Then I erased these three from the SD Card as the instruction state. ( Is this part right?)
Next I try to restore the Trucha Bug
Went to HBC & ran DOP-IOS MOD v10.
Selected an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Pressed B to choose no IOS reload
Chose Downgrade IOS15
(Here it said preparing downgrade of IOS15 from revision: 523 to: 257 getting IOS15 rev 523.... Load from sd card>)
I pushed the A button it it ran and said getting IOS15 rev527.... Load from sd card>
I pushed A again and it ran and said it was returning to the loader and said to select IOS36 when you return. Press A to exit
So I exited and went back into DOP-I0S MOD. Got to the IOS36 menu and selected the settings the directions called for and
selected to install the patched IOS36
It said Getting IOS36 revision 351... Load IOS from SD card>
So I pressed A
after it loaded it said prepartions complete Installing.....
Then it said ES and Titlestart returned -2011 you need to use an IOS with Trucha bug. Thats what the ISO15 downgrade is good for... IOS36 installation failed Press A to return to loader.

In the directions on restoring the trucha bug it said after the dowgrade IOS15 and load IOS from SD to Choose IOS15 & press A. (important) Wait till it says Press 1 the press it.
I never got the message to press 1

I know I am a super newb.
wacko.gif

Thanks in advance for any help

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dchampi said:
Here are the detailed steps of what I did.

I updated my wii to 4.2u through nintendo before trying to mod it.
So I went to the Modify 4.2 section.
Put modify.zip on my 2GB Fat32 formatted SD card.
Installed HBC, DVDX & set Bootmii as IOS.
Made a NAND backup. Then put Bootmii, NAND.bin, & keys.bin on my PC.
Then I erased these three from the SD Card as the instruction state. ( Is this part right?)
Next I try to restore the Trucha Bug
Went to HBC & ran DOP-IOS MOD v10.
Selected an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Pressed B to choose no IOS reload
Chose Downgrade IOS15
(Here it said preparing downgrade of IOS15 from revision: 523 to: 257 getting IOS15 rev 523.... Load from sd card>)
I pushed the A button it it ran and said getting IOS15 rev527.... Load from sd card>
I pushed A again and it ran and said it was returning to the loader and said to select IOS36 when you return. Press A to exit
So I exited and went back into DOP-I0S MOD. Got to the IOS36 menu and selected the settings the directions called for and
selected to install the patched IOS36
It said Getting IOS36 revision 351... Load IOS from SD card>
So I pressed A
after it loaded it said prepartions complete Installing.....
Then it said ES and Titlestart returned -2011 you need to use an IOS with Trucha bug. Thats what the ISO15 downgrade is good for... IOS36 installation failed Press A to return to loader.

In the directions on restoring the trucha bug it said after the dowgrade IOS15 and load IOS from SD to Choose IOS15 & press A. (important) Wait till it says Press 1 the press it.
I never got the message to press 1

I know I am a super newb.
wacko.gif

Thanks in advance for any help
re send the email for the files as they have been updated as the gp dop-ios is automated TBR steps

clioke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(clioke @ Jan 9 2010, 03:10 PM) *
I tried to softmod my wii with firmware 4.0E.
Few weeks ago i softmodded a black wii with good results!

But now i'm stuck at the first step.
The bannerbomb...
I downloaded almost all versions (v108) on the website. http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.old.php
Nothing works.

Put the downloaded files with the boot.elf onto the SD.
When i go to the SD menu, the wii freezes.

What version do i have to use ??

Nobody ?

wink2.gif

svt54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clioke said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(clioke @ Jan 9 2010, 03:10 PM) *
I tried to softmod my wii with firmware 4.0E.
Few weeks ago i softmodded a black wii with good results!

But now i'm stuck at the first step.
The bannerbomb...
I downloaded almost all versions (v108) on the website. http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.old.php
Nothing works.

Put the downloaded files with the boot.elf onto the SD.
When i go to the SD menu, the wii freezes.

What version do i have to use ??

Nobody ?

wink2.gif

If you are using the files found in this guide, the bannerbomb is for use with 4.2 only. Just connect the wii to the net, and choose update. If you really wanna stick with 4.0 then you need to download the old bannerbomb. There is a link to the old one in USBLoaderGX's Readmii if you can't find it anywhere else.

http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/help/readmii

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

naythan

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been contemplating modding my wii for a long time now, and i've just done so after following this guide! Brilliant guide - and many posts were really helpful at times
smile.gif

A quick question i'd like to ask though:

When installing the cIOS's, i installed the disc recommended wads - I'd like to be able to play disc backups but also usb backups, would this still be possible?
I presume aslong as i have the correct software? (neogamma and a usb bootloader?)

Is there any recommendations on bootloaders?

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

Ps. I'm going to try be active on this site from now on! I'm always on here just don't post much :$

naythan

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers,

I've installed them
smile.gif

I've looked on there this week aswell and I was lost - there seemed to be so many loaders!
I'll have a good look tomorrow now I have more of an understanding
smile.gif

dchampi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS

When I run the Wad Manager I get error ret= -1035 when trying to install the following wads:
cIOS222[38+37]-v4.wad
cIOS223[38]-v4.wad
cIOS249-v15.wad
cIOS249-v16.wad

I was able to install the other wads in the directions.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

theostler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

just about to use this excellent guide to mod my son's 4.2E hardmodded Wii. Can't imagine I'll have any problems but there is one question I wasn't sure of the answer to before I start.

Assuming all goes well and I install NeoGamma for disk and USB loading, will I still be able to load backup disks via the Disc Channel, or will I have to load everything via NeoGamma?

I assume my retail discs will still work fine through Disc Channel.

Thanks for any and all advice.

mickrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since using this new guide and files for the first time, I cannot get Neogamma to work anymore (R8 B7) and no discs are recognised. The wii was on 4.1 before upgrading. USB loader is working ok though and original discs are playing through neogamma. Is it possible that the wii has one of the new non-dvdr drives?

Its okay, I got it sorted. Neogamma was using ios249-16. which its incompatible with. I couldn't uninstall 249 or 250 with wadmanager so I used any title deleter to do this then reinstalled 249-14 and 250-14 (no 15 or 16) and working now. USB Loader also still works as well.

lewikenzie1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lewikenzie1.webs.com
XP
Country
Quick question, I made a stupid mistake of standard syncing my wiimote to my friends wii, when i got back i switched on my wii and preloader started up as normal
but i cant get past preloader to sync my wii mote is there any files i can put on a sd card or usb to get by preloader and onto the system menu because i dont want to buy a GC controller just to press A
cheers
is there any code that i can put in the hacks.ini file

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gweedee said:
anybody know how to fix this error 002??? I only get it for certain games.... like super mario wii
Use a newer version of backup launcher(neogamma r8 b16) has #002 error fix built in to the app

Posts merged

QUOTE(lewikenzie1 @ Jan 10 2010, 03:13 PM) Quick question, I made a stupid mistake of standard syncing my wiimote to my friends wii, when i got back i switched on my wii and preloader started up as normal
but i cant get past preloader to sync my wii mote is there any files i can put on a sd card or usb to get by preloader and onto the system menu because i dont want to buy a GC controller just to press A
cheers
have a look here [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=200015]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=200015[/url]

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
stupid question for a mate who is on 4.1 but is having trouble playing VC games on his Wii.

Does he just need to run the Trucha Bug restorer step or should he just go ahead and go through the whole thing ?

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
stupid question for a mate who is on 4.1 but is having trouble playing VC games on his Wii.

Does he just need to run the Trucha Bug restorer step or should he just go ahead and go through the whole thing ?
he probably needs a patched IOS60

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1