Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TroyTheZombie said:
Gweedee said:
Ok... That's a big 10/4.... I will try again when I have some free time.... I will let you know when it starts to mess up and then maybe we can figure this out.... also I was wondering.... once you have the softmod working right..... can I still play my store bought games????

Yes, But i advise blocking disc updates.

how do I block disc updates???

clioke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried to softmod my wii with firmware 4.0E.
Few weeks ago i softmodded a black wii with good results!

But now i'm stuck at the first step.
The bannerbomb...
I downloaded almost all versions (v108) on the website. http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.old.php
Nothing works.

Put the downloaded files with the boot.elf onto the SD.
When i go to the SD menu, the wii freezes.

What version do i have to use ??
wacko.gif

Techs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got a problem using GP DOP-IOS MOD V9. i get to the usual step of it installing the trucha bug, but then it gives me an error upon which im not sure what it says because as soon as the error shows up, it disappears so i cant see it, i think it is ret = - 4353 but im not too sure. any chance of a fix?

EDIT: ok doesnt matter, i got it working by using 10.1 instead of v9. but now i haveanoter error, i cant install rev 14, im getting either ret -1 errors with wad's or ret -2011 with network installation.

Gweedee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gweedee said:
veganjustice said:
razorback78 said:
Gweedee said:
I am new to this... so no I didn't not use any title deleter.... my Wii crashed hard... would not start... I would only get the preloader screen.... could not go to system menu.... none of my legal games would work... so I unistalled homebrew channel... and a the other wad's.... then it said that I could not play my games unless I updated my wii.... so I did that.... now I have an updated wii... and it always starts up with the preloader screen.... but I can't use any of the options.... I can only go to system menu... can't use bootmii because it says it does not detect the file..... soooooo....... ???????
sorry if i join in your discussion...you should start from the top, installing HBC then trucha patch ios36. it is a good thing you still have a working system menu.

I would 100% agree. It is a great thing you still have a working system menu. I would also start from the beginning. And if there is a problem this time, stop at that problem, and let us know, don't start deleting stuff, this is where you can really end up with a brick.

Also, you should get through everything before installing any extras like a disc/usb loader. I noticed you said it wouldn't work.

Let's start over, and let us know.

Ok... That's a big 10/4.... I will try again when I have some free time.... I will let you know when it starts to mess up and then maybe we can figure this out.... also I was wondering.... once you have the softmod working right..... can I still play my store bought games????

ok so I got through everything..... now I"m at the part where I have to restore IOS15 and I get an error when I try to load it from my SD card.... so what now????

Gweedee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gweedee said:
Gweedee said:
veganjustice said:
razorback78 said:
Gweedee said:
I am new to this... so no I didn't not use any title deleter.... my Wii crashed hard... would not start... I would only get the preloader screen.... could not go to system menu.... none of my legal games would work... so I unistalled homebrew channel... and a the other wad's.... then it said that I could not play my games unless I updated my wii.... so I did that.... now I have an updated wii... and it always starts up with the preloader screen.... but I can't use any of the options.... I can only go to system menu... can't use bootmii because it says it does not detect the file..... soooooo....... ???????
sorry if i join in your discussion...you should start from the top, installing HBC then trucha patch ios36. it is a good thing you still have a working system menu.

I would 100% agree. It is a great thing you still have a working system menu. I would also start from the beginning. And if there is a problem this time, stop at that problem, and let us know, don't start deleting stuff, this is where you can really end up with a brick.

Also, you should get through everything before installing any extras like a disc/usb loader. I noticed you said it wouldn't work.

Let's start over, and let us know.

ok so I got through everything..... now I"m at the part where I have to restore IOS15 and I get an error when I try to load it from my SD card.... so what now????

Nevermind... I'm a Retard..... I got it.... moving on to the next step of removing stubs.....

Gweedee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok so I have followed the guide and everything went well... now I"m at the part where I have to start installing cIOS's.. now I don't know wich ones to install.... I would like to play backed up games from a hard drive and disc... also would like to use emulators... but the last time I started to install cIOS'S and Wad's that when things started to screw up... so what should I do???

paulo1066

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can i just say a massive, massive thank you xzxero and everyone else who has set up this website and guide
gbasp.gif

I have been trying to sort this modding lark out now all week. I was following the original 'complete softmod guide that is underlined on the first page'.
I did not even notice the link that says 'spoiler inside'.
The trouble you have saved me by that link is immense. I am a complete novice at this sort of thing so if i can do it, even a girl can do it!!! lol (jk ladies).
I have one question. At the very end 'the enable system menu hacks', i have installed preloader onto the system, but can't find 'Enable desired hacks & go into the settings & make to use the system menu IOS'.
When i load preloader it says ' press + to install priloader then hold down B with the above option to use ios249 (cios)'. I have done this and it says installed.
It then goes back to the homebrew channel. Is that it, job done?
I will be running the games via USB so now i am going to have a read of the homebrew applications.
Once again thanks everyone for all the information. I thought yesterday i would have to be sending the wii away to get updated but you all have made my week lol
toot.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gweedee said:
ok so I have followed the guide and everything went well... now I"m at the part where I have to start installing cIOS's.. now I don't know wich ones to install.... I would like to play backed up games from a hard drive and disc... also would like to use emulators... but the last time I started to install cIOS'S and Wad's that when things started to screw up... so what should I do???
Use the disk loading set of cIOS's as you install hermes cIOS's(which are used for usb loading) and cIOS rev14(which is for disk loading with neogamma)

Gweedee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1 said:
Gweedee said:
Use the disk loading set of cIOS's as you install hermes cIOS's(which are used for usb loading) and cIOS rev14(which is for disk loading with neogamma)

so you mean the ones that come with the modify.zip file I downloaded.... I already installed cIOS38rev14 and it installed fine.... now can I install the other cIOS with the wadmanger multi mod 1.5???

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gweedee said:
longtom1 said:
Gweedee said:

so you mean the ones that come with the modify.zip file I downloaded.... I already installed cIOS38rev14 and it installed fine.... now can I install the other cIOS with the wadmanger multi mod 1.5???
correct

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, for some reason, I thought I would have to update my Wii when checking my internet connection when playing Animal Crossing because it kept giving me an error that wouldn't happen before when trying to connect to WFC.

After doing that I re-installed my Bootmii and all of that through Bannerbomb, still had all my stuff and whatnot. But now my problem is that my remote will unsync with my Wii whenever I get past the disclaimer for WAD Manager v1.5

Anybody know what's going on?

Gweedee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1 said:
Gweedee said:
longtom1 said:
Gweedee said:

correct

also to test it... I backed up my super mario wii... as an iso file... but it on a disc.... used neogamma to load it and I got a green screen then it booted back to system menu.... any reason... do I neet to use a different version of neogamma... I am using v4.

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gweedee said:
longtom1 said:
Gweedee said:
longtom1 said:
Gweedee said:

correct

also to test it... I backed up my super mario wii... as an iso file... but it on a disc.... used neogamma to load it and I got a green screen then it booted back to system menu.... any reason... do I neet to use a different version of neogamma... I am using v4.
try this version http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175361

clioke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
minotavrs said:
Can i follow this tutorial to a modchip wii... i need homebrew channel and usb loader...

thanks in advance

yes you can. check this and read --> [url=http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home]http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home[/url]

Posts merged

QUOTE(clioke @ Jan 9 2010, 03:10 PM) I tried to softmod my wii with firmware 4.0E.
Few weeks ago i softmodded a black wii with good results!

But now i'm stuck at the first step.
The bannerbomb...
I downloaded almost all versions (v108) on the website. [url=http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.old.php]http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.old.php[/url]
Nothing works.

Put the downloaded files with the boot.elf onto the SD.
When i go to the SD menu, the wii freezes.

What version do i have to use ??
wacko.gif

Would it help if i update my FW to 4.1 ?

svt54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide and it works flawlessy. Thanks! I have one question though. I had updated through the Wii, to 4.2U, before starting, so I went straight to the modding. If I try to play a game with the update(from it's original disc), like New Super Mario, it prompts me to do the system update again. Is there a way to fix this? I am modding another Wii, for my nephews, and would like for it to be as childproof as possible. So, if they put a game in the drive, they won't accidentally update the wii, and undo the mods.

Thanks, in advance

clioke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
svt54 said:
I followed this guide and it works flawlessy. Thanks! I have one question though. I had updated through the Wii, to 4.2U, before starting, so I went straight to the modding. If I try to play a game with the update(from it's original disc), like New Super Mario, it prompts me to do the system update again. Is there a way to fix this? I am modding another Wii, for my nephews, and would like for it to be as childproof as possible. So, if they put a game in the drive, they won't accidentally update the wii, and undo the mods.

Thanks, in advance

check this: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26236

svt54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clioke said:
svt54 said:

Thanks, in advance

check this: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26236

So updating to 4.2 doesn't trick the console when you insert a retail disc? I was hoping there was something I was missing, to make it so that my 4.2 updated wii, would tell 4.2 update discs, that it is allready updated. I just don't want the Wii to anadvertantly have a disc put in, and update be done. Also, if you did do a disc update after modding via this guide, what would happen? Would it go to a stock 4.2 Wii, or would it brick the Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.notebookcheck.net/GameMT-E6-Plus-New-retro-gaming-handheld-released-as-ASUS-ROG-Ally-...