Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andresilva said:
Jp393 said:
Hey guys, I'm having a minor problem. My wii firmware was originally 3.3/
I got it up to 4.2 and got everything working properly. Only problem is when I go into the data management to sort the channels on my sd card, it freezes instantly.
I've tried several times and it always freezes there.. Any ideas??

I got the same exactly problem as you!!! Have you fixed yet?

Its the exactly thing, i was 3.3 , i updated, everything working fine, but when i go to data managemente, to sort the channels, my wii freezes it too!

Please help us guys!

i have the same issue, was about to type up a post myself and i saw this one here

im running into a problem after installing 4.2

ive deleted everything from update.zip from my sd card and added everything from modify.zip

when i go to load boot.dol from my SD chan in the wii menu it freezes right there. ive formatted the sd card and put the files from modity.zip on again and i get the same problem. updating to 4.2 seems to have worked fine because on my wii system settings it says im at ver. 4.2u

homebrew chan works fine i can see all the apps that are in the app folder but i just freeze up when i go into the SD chan

thanks in advance for any help you guys can send our way.

..edit..

im just going to leave my full post here incase it helps anyone. i think i may have just gotten it to work. i went into the SD menu via the SD card option in the bottom left hand corner. i didnt follow the original path i took when upgrading to 4.2 i will update again if im able to go the whole way through the install this way

andresilva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
But i dont have my Home Brew channel installed!!!!
frown.gif

what hapen with you is that you have the private folder from bannerbomb in the sd card, delete that and it will work fine
frown.gif

i can even help others but my self cant ! WHYyy

i cant install homebrew channel, because i cant see my channels, and i cant even try to install it by the sd card at the main menu!!

abhik

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
vegeta4ss said:
abhik said:
hi, in the update.zip which one should i use becaz i just know that my wii is NTSC but i dont know whether it is NTSC usa or NTSC japan so how can i know whether it is that. i asked the person whom i bought he didnt understand what i was saying so if i update wrongly then my wii will brick plzzzz helppp sooooooo which one should i use whether NTSC or NTSC-J plzzz helppp meee and i checked all my game cover it says sale and use only in USA,Canada, Mexico and Latin America. And in the system menu when i checked it said that 3.2u so should i use NTSC or NTSC- J and one more thing can i use usb instead of SD card helpppppp
3.2U is USA/NTSC so just use NTSC. Only use NTSC-J if your console menus are in japanese and you bought your wii from overseas.

no i stay in Bangkok- Thailand and i bought it from there but my console menu is in english

flipt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick couple of questions. I have looked through a chunk of the 247 pages but have not seen an answer. I went to a few of the linked sites (hackmii,wiibrew) but did not find the answer, so hopefully someone here can help.

The guide worked for me but at points i needed to make decisions, such as installing hackmii as a boot2 or just an iso, installing priiloader if hackmii is not installed as a boot2. How do i make those decisions. I tried to read up on the diffrences but did not really find anything explaining which is better, do both ect.

My second question is if you install the priiloader, but do not always want to boot to it, is there a way past it?

kareem613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've already got a modded wii. But its an older system menu. Do I have to start from the very first steps in this guide? Is it safe to do that?

flipt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did try that previously in the priiloader but was unsuccessful. What should the priiloader settings be to have it autoboot to the wii system menu?

duckfeet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hate2.gif

I've spent all day going through this post and I am still stuck. I will try to explain what has happened to the best of my noob abilities.

Earlier this month I tried following xzxero's guide. I think I was successful, but my Configurable USB loader was no longer installed properly. I assumed that I had done something wrong in the guide so I started from scratch again. My first problem was I could no longer run the hackmii installer (I had successfully upgraded to 4.2U on my first run (from 3.4)). I was successful when I used the hackmii installer for 4.2.

First mistake: I successfully got through the guide up to Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu. At this point when I ran Wad Manager and tried install the cIOS files I would always get a -1 error. I noticed too the the file sizes were listed as 0.0MB.

Second mistake: I tried to start over again, but now when I got to Updating the Wii to install the IOS70-64-v6687.wad I got another -1 error and I notice that the file size is 0.0MB.

I KNOW that the files are there, I tried re-formatting, tried a second SD card, and finally bought a new SD card (based on reading somewhere that -1 errors were due to faulty memory cards).

NONE of the above has worked. Anyone have any suggestions what has gone wrong and how I can fix it?

TIA,

Duckfeet
wacko.gif

flipt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Longtom1 - that worked, thanks. I get an error when i load the wii up (Couldnt find "hacks.ini" either on FAT or NAND). Not sure if this is bad, or there is someway to get around it. Not really an issue though.

Trying to find out if it worked though, since i had an old mod chip installed (good old openwii) im not sure if, when i put in a backup, it is using the modchip or the softmod.

Is there a way to have a channel diffrent then the disk channel for modded games, i believe i read that somewhere and think that would be pretty cool.

Now off to do the USB installer : )

kareem613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got through the entire guide with zero problems. Then I installed priiloader. It installed fine.

I shut down the wii. Powered on. Held down reset like the readme says and I get a black screen. Nothing else. Won't continue to boot.

Now I can't get it to boot at all. Doesn't matter what I try.

Any ideas?

Update: Its a black screen, but the Wii is functioning. My remote connects. If I press A, I can here the Wii menu and its there. I just can't see it.

What could this be?

bianiniwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

I have a recent wii (system menu version 4.2E) and when trying to run the softmod it blocked because of the trucha bug not present. I've executed the modify 4.2 and it ran perfect.
After that I've put USBloader GX to the SD card, and already loaded a backup game.

With some games I still have some blank screens loading or the error 002.
Do I need to update CIOS?

After I did the softmod through your tutorial, I got on Xmas a new game (original Rabbids Go Home)

When I try to play it normally (through the system menu) I got the 002 error. I've tried to boot the wii without the preloader, but nothing solves it.

I can play the game with Neogamma loader, using the original DVD as a backup one, but I want to try to solve the problem of loading the game in the system menu

Any help?

MidilandQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great guide, everything works fantastic. However, I get the occasional "Can not find 'hacks.ini' in fat or NAND" message. Did I do something wrong or is there something else that I had to do?

Thanks.

Jp393

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
corrupted said:
Arfman said:
corrupted said:
I emailed the email address and no response. I'm wondering if anyone knows a trustworthy page or has the files to email.
I have them (PAL version), can I email them to you?

sorry but i need ntsc files
frown.gif

Dude I used a gmail account and got an instant response the second I sent the email. Just copy and paste the email in case you misspelled something.. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll email it to you.

Jp393

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Homebrew Ninja said:
Jp393 said:
Hey guys, I'm having a minor problem. My wii firmware was originally 3.3/
I got it up to 4.2 and got everything working properly. Only problem is when I go into the data management to sort the channels on my sd card, it freezes instantly.
I've tried several times and it always freezes there.. Any ideas??

You need to load the sd card from the sd card icon at the system menu.

Im aware, but I wanted to delete some wads off and only way to do that it by going to the data manager.
You could also do it from your computer but all the file names are insane so I'd rather not do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.