Country
S3xii Lexii said:
Old8oy said:
S3xii Lexii said:
hay u guys forgot about my other question above
cry.gif

go to system menu hacks in priiloader and turn on the "Block Disc Update" hack
save your settings and you should be good to go
hay hay hay the preloader never "spit out" a hacks.in file so how am i supposed to put it in the root of the sd if i dont have one. modify.zip nor did the latest version have hacks.ini in it
yes it's included in the modify.zip for 4.x

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where were i dont see it, is it supposed to be in the apps>preloader folder or is it already supposed to be in the root of modify.zip.
all i have is a notepad looking thingy with a gear on it and it says hacks but that is is and within preloader folder all i have is [boot.dol, meta, icon, priiloader_v0_1, and readmeh files]. sorry guys if i sound like a noob i know i am, i just cant find the hacks.ini file.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
S3xii Lexii said:
Hey yall Its L3xii again. I know I know you guys are all probably tired of me
wub.gif

So here is my latest question. I have successfully installed preloader rev30 which is the newest version. What I want to be able to do is disable/bypass wii disc updates. the problem disc in question is wii sports resort and it keeps on displaying wii update. so can anyone please point me in the right direction. thank yall
bow.gif

mistake #1 preloader rev 30 is not the latest version, check out priiloader in my signature for more info if u want to update

-for your system menu hacks, download THIS, and save the hacks.ini to the root of your sd card, then launch priiloader (by holding reset as ur wii is booting up), then go to system menu hacks and enable whatever hacks u want (including the block updates hack)

EDIT: don't worry L3xii, we'll never get tired of u... not to many female wii modders out there (that i know of), keep representing

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
S3xii Lexii said:
Hey yall Its L3xii again. I know I know you guys are all probably tired of me
wub.gif

So here is my latest question. I have successfully installed preloader rev30 which is the newest version. What I want to be able to do is disable/bypass wii disc updates. the problem disc in question is wii sports resort and it keeps on displaying wii update. so can anyone please point me in the right direction. thank yall
bow.gif

mistake #1 preloader rev 30 is not the latest version, check out priiloader in my signature for more info if u want to update

-for your system menu hacks, download THIS, and save the hacks.ini to the root of your sd card, then launch priiloader (by holding reset as ur wii is booting up), then go to system menu hacks and enable whatever hacks u want (including the block updates hack)

EDIT: don't worry L3xii, we'll never get tired of u... not to many female wii modders out there (that i know of), keep representing
i was just about to update from 3.3 to 4.2 for disc updates to stop. but if i could use preloader that'll be much better
how do i install preloader?
wacko.gif

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
I don't think 3.3 has the hacks u want, u may still want to upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2

4 the latest version of priiloader see my signature, and for instructions on setting up system menu hacks, see my post on this page or the page b4 it
ok i'll install everything tonight

Cornholio351239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have updated a 3.4e wii to 4.2e and patched IOS70 etc. I tried to install priiloader v15 but first it code dumped then on the second attempt it seemed to install ok. Now when I start the Wii it goes into the priiloader menu but if I select 'system menu' it just refreshes the priiloader menu. It will load HBC but when I try to go to the system menu from HBC it loads priiloader menu.

This has now happened on 3 wiis I have updated. Another 6 I have installed priiloader onto have been fine??

Any ideas why it is doing this?

Also, I went to install preloader v29 it loads the warning screen which says to turn off the wii if you don't want to install but it doesn't say which button to press to install preloader?

Help required!

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated to 4.2 but it came at a cost
unsure.gif
HBC is gone, i'll get it later
all i know from updating is that the SD card menu is here, what else did nintendo add?
also im going to install preloader,neogamma channel and much more.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything done, but on my Wii Menu, in the box that has the Wii Disc Channel (We have Wii Fit Plus inside the Wii), it says Wii System Update. Okay so what do I do to prevent my Wii from screwing me over? Oh and remember, I need to make this idiot proof.

The only part I couldn't do was the deletion of the stub IOS's because I had none of the ones listed (I came from 3.3u Twilight Hack mod). Anyway is there a way to get Wii Fit Plus working through the disc channel as Gecko OS might be too complicated for my siblings (even though I have a piece of paper that tells them how to do things. I do have Gecko OS running for the time being).

Kazooie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
@S3xii Lexii

wrong, this guide says hack any wii 4.2 and below... that includes 4.2 wii's that were updated via nintendo. But its ok, i forgive your ignorance (and it has nothing to do with u being S3xii... okay, maybe a little bit, lol, jks jks)

@kazooie,

make sure ur using v2 of bannerbomb (which works on 4.2 wii's), also make sure you're using the "NEW" method to access BB hack... DO NOT launch BB v2 via the data management/Channels method, instead, just click on the SD card on the bottom left corner of your main system menu screen.

cool thank you now need to know how to fix this
no known vulnerable IOS ? BTW I do not have HBC installed

barry78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow!! I'm confused once agian.. I have chosen to softmod my wii with this site:
witch uses uloader.
http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/10/17/how...d-or-usb-drive/

I am pretty much done and while I am preparing me portable HDD to use for my wii I tried to go into the stuff a little bit deeper.. Turned out it only confused me more. I actually got this link from a friend of mine turns out this way of mod is totally different?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183064

any explanation would be much appreciated. I just want to understand want I am doing..
Thanks Again.
Barry
Running a new Wii on version 4.2E

fermat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello to all. I just read most of the guides but not all post from this forum. Iam new to this (just bought wii ) and I would like some "obvious for most of you" answers.Any help appreciated!

1) I have new virgin wii. Should i follow the first part of this guide and install HBC and upgrade or update official to 4.2 by N and begin this guide from step 2 (modify) ? and why?

2)I tried to understand what TBR does but my english is not very good so my question is, is the "Restoring Trucha bug " step neccesery and what actually do? (simple explanation please not tech. i dont want to bore anyone) I am asking this because similar guides dont have that step

3)The Stub files should be deleted because if they don't the backup games won't work or is some other reason? I am asking this because of this : "If it's still not there, do not worry about it & move along with the guide"

4)Everywere I see that the first anti-brick prevention is not delete IOS files (at least lower than 200) etc or modify. But 3)question or Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad prove me wrong.. Some explanation here should be very helpful!!

5)Suppose i can install only bootmi as IOS . ok I get it only semi protection is priloader and that for most banner-bricks.. But anywhere I look the sentences stop there. How is that helpful? I mean. Ok I have banner brick. I load Priloader and get to HBC and load wad manager. Then what?If someone dont get what i am asking because of my mistake just give me please a real example with some program which gives a banner brick and how to fix in a step by step way. Maybe this question is obvious but I am asking all these in theory I havent touch my wii yet, so please be polite !
smile.gif

6) Ok Ill do all these and after a few days v 4.3 came out . The right answer i believe is dont update!! because of bricks caused from other previus ver moded wiis to 4.2 . Ok I get it. But for some reason I want
wacko.gif
Is there any way after all these to give my wii its virginity back? not downgrade but clean from all these Ive done to it (for example :in a way so after that I can safely upgrade official to 4.3)?

Thank you for any answers . I am trying days to read something close to my questions and sorry for my bad english!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barry78

The first guide is practically identical to this one but would suggest using this guide as you know it's tested and you can get support if anything goes wrong

It's up to you which usb loader you use but the all the cIOS's are the same and you use the same usb port as shown in the first guide as I said it's up to you which one you use try a few out

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Ninja said:
rafb said:
Finally after 7 hours got through the "After Modding" steps, everything seems to be working fine so far, but when i insert the actual game disk it still says "Wii System Update" . how do i disable that???

If you have preloader or priiloader installed open that up when u turn the wii on by holding the reset button for a few seconds before the system menu loads. When the screen appears go into the "system menu hacks" part. Somewhere in there you will be able to block disc updates and online updates. Make sure u save the settings at the bottom ofcourse.

okay, i'll show a bit more patients, as i said above, i've gone through all the steps, still cannot play any of my games from the hard drive and cannot even play regular game disks, WTF you mean this is the easiest guide ever?
after completing the guide i have:
Ver. 4.2U
Nand backed up
Homebrew channel
IOS30 V4.16

And wii as good as bricked, nothing plays
yea awesome guide, wopty fucking doo

PvtHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i have always had my wii modded from the earliest i can remember
smile.gif
so i updated the wii to virgin 4.2 through nintendoe and modded it with no probs plays all games still as before patch new super mario main.dol with wiiscrubber and works great !! the only game now that freezes and the wii remote locks off and wont connect on the first loading sreen is ghostbusters
frown.gif

it works on usb launcher gx from usb hdd but wont work with neogammer7.wad or latest r8 beta off the sd through HBC is there a solution for this i have used DOPios to see if this would resolve the issue with no success
frown.gif

please this is becoming a big pain in my ass as my little bro has no usb hdd and lives with mother .... Heeeeelp!!!

regards to all and what a great job you do
smile.gif

barry78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fermat said:
5)Suppose i can install only bootmi as IOS . ok I get it only semi protection is priloader and that for most banner-bricks.. But anywhere I look the sentences stop there. How is that helpful? I mean. Ok I have banner brick. I load Priloader and get to HBC and load wad manager. Then what?If someone dont get what i am asking because of my mistake just give me please a real example with some program which gives a banner brick and how to fix in a step by step way. Maybe this question is obvious but I am asking all these in theory I havent touch my wii yet, so please be polite !
smile.gif
Correct me if I am wrong please caus I only started fooling around with this stuff yesterday.. I have a new Wii too so I can only store bootmi as am ISO.. After you did this go into bootmi and make a Nand than install priiloader not preloader which is diffierent agian to make it easy...lol... If you get a brick start up the wii while pressing reset button than you get into the priiloader and load your nand to restore...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum