• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my back against the wall on this one.
1) I have gone back to restoring the Truncha exploit
2) Deleted the Stub which they are all there now but deleted all successfully
3) reinstalled IOS 249 and 222 per guide (both offline and online method)
4) reformatted my harddrive with WBFS and reinstalled ISO

I'm using USB Loader gx 1.0 r850.
1) When I set to 222/223 with anti/yes/no 002 fix it goes back to the main menu when I tried to load game
2) When I tried 249 my screen goes black and freezes and I have to turn off power switch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Welp the last couple of days I've been banging my head on this issue. It turned out the WD Element 1.5TB drive I got is not compatible with the USB Loader. I tried a different case and now it works fine and dandy. Now I can finally get some rest.
longtom1 said:
have you tried rev14 as neogamma doesn't like rev15

kazafog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get through the first part of the Trucha Bug restoring process, but have hit a wall.

It allowed me to choose No IOS Reload then to do the downgrade IOS15 and everything seemed to be OK, then when I run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose IOS15 I get an exception occurred along with a stack and code dump. Any ideas on what the problem may be anyone?

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kazafog said:
scratch that..... tried it a couple more times and it suddenly worked all is finished and playing the game as it should.

Yes that happens alot, I find if something doesn't work, go back to the beginning of that section and simply start again,
if you think logically how the guide is set out you cant mess it up, and it does say don't worry about the odd glitches
and stack dumps, I ve done about 6 wiis with this guide all no probelms at all.

only question I would ask xzero is which is best and why***
Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run WAD Manager 1.5
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
Install cIOS222[38]-v4.wad
Install cIOS223[38+37]-v4.wad
Install either cIOS249-v14.wad or cIOS249-v15.wad
Install either cIOS250-v14.wad or cIOS250-v15.wad

Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad
Press home to exit.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
johneem said:
kazafog said:
scratch that..... tried it a couple more times and it suddenly worked all is finished and playing the game as it should.

Yes that happens alot, I find if something doesn't work, go back to the beginning of that section and simply start again,
if you think logically how the guide is set out you cant mess it up, and it does say don't worry about the odd glitches
and stack dumps, I ve done about 6 wiis with this guide all no probelms at all.

only question I would ask xzero is which is best and why***
Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run WAD Manager 1.5
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
Install cIOS222[38]-v4.wad
Install cIOS223[38+37]-v4.wad
Install either cIOS249-v14.wad or cIOS249-v15.wad
Install either cIOS250-v14.wad or cIOS250-v15.wad

Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad
Press home to exit.
v15 if you need dual layer compatibility (Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Metroid Prime Trilogy). However it is incompatible with disc channels like Neogamma. So this is only good for USB loaders.
v14 is still high in compatibility. I still have this installed since my hard drive is FAT32 which only uses cIOS 222.

Fire69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I followed this guide a month or so ago.
The first thing it said to do was to update to 4.2 through the official Nintendo-update, which I did and after following the rest of the guide, everything is working fine.

Now I noticed the guide has been updated, and the update to 4.2 is no longer through Nintendo.
It's a lot longer and with the 36 IOS's to install, a lot more prone to error.
smile.gif

Is it really necessary to do it this way? Or can I just update to 4.2 and then start the modify-part (TBR and so on)?
smile.gif

Fire69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So it depends who's doing the update.
If you're not good in following instructions, use the official way.
tongue.gif

Another question then about Hermes's cIOS.
I see you have 222 installed as 38. Wasn't the guide originally 38 merged with something? 37 or 60?
What's the use of merging? Stability? Features?
When I use 222 to play Super Paper Mario, a lot of times my WiiLight starts flashing, and when that happens, after some time my Wii freezes.
With 38rev14 I can play the game for hours without problems...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I would recommend against updating the ninty way, it should be fine, but it may overwrite your boot2 (effectively uninstalling bootmii as boot2 if u have it, u can always reinstall it later assuming u were able to install it in the first place). Also, if your connection to ninty cuts out at the wrong time, you might find your system menu IOS stubbed or not installed. Anyways, ninty update works 99.9% of the time, so do w/e, but don't say i didn't warn u!

222 and 223 support fat32 hard drives, IOS249 rev 14 does not.

The guide originally had 222 and 223 options reversed. It wasn't wrong, just different, normally people use 223 for peripherals (for guitar hero or w/e), the way the instructions were before, you would use ios222 for peripherals.

I just found out that apparently 223v3 (36/37) is better than 223v4(60/38)... i never had a problem with v4, but w/e, i'm on v3 now.

slinky121

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the last week and it Worked!!!!!!!!!
Few minor issues maybe someone can help.
Call of Duty games do not work - get a blank screen or in one intro works then when you go into the game it gives a blank screen.
Also I have NTSC system and when a play a PAL game it is in Black and White - is this normal?

Thanks !!!!!!!!!

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I used this guide, it worked great. I am now on 4.2U with all the hacks and cIOS rev15.
I have noticed that some of my games on my 1TB external HDD are not booting. I am getting a "wbfs panic: malloc fst" with configurable usb loader.

I have tried the same games from waninkoko 1.5 loader, and usb loader gx. No joy... USB loader 1.5 gives a "Returned! (ret = 0)" error, and USB Loader GX just won't do anything at all with them.

I have tried making the loader boot them with different IOS (222,249,ect) The games in question still will not boot.

It is also worth mentioning that some of these games where put on my 1TB HDD as cISO files (pre-compressed) and I had to use a special version of wbfs manager to put them on the HDD.

I tried re-installing cIOS15 to see of that would help - but it did not. (So I ran a bootmii restore to put my wii back where it was after running this guide)

I took one game, AMF Bowling that said it was 0.17 GB on my HDD. Extracted it to my PC, then deleted it off my HDD. Then I used the original wbfs manger to put it back on. This time it as 4+ GB on the HDD, but still would not load.

Here is a list of games giving me the issue:

- AMF Bowling Pinbusters
- The Beatles Rock Band
- Family Feud 2010 Edition
- Hamster Heroes
- London Taxi: Rush Hour
- Margot's Word Brain
- Mortimer Beckett & the Secrets of Spooky Manor
- Saint
- Smarty Pants
- Super Fruit Fall
- Ultimate Duck Hunting
- Wii Chess

If anyone could shed some light on this strange issue, it would be very much appreciated
smile.gif

~ Shizzy

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Just used this guide to softmod a new wii works perfect thanks so much
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Did the last week and it Worked!!!!!!!!!
Few minor issues maybe someone can help.
Call of Duty games do not work - get a blank screen or in one intro works then when you go into the game it gives a blank screen.
Also I have NTSC system and when a play a PAL game it is in Black and White - is this normal?

Thanks !!!!!!!!!

Black and white screen happens on a PAL game with a NTSC console when the video option isn't set right. try forcing NTSC, and which call of duty games? if its call of duty 3 select use Alt dol in your usb loader (if that's how your playing your games
tongue.gif
)

Fire69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fire69 said:
So it depends who's doing the update.
[...]
When I use 222 to play Super Paper Mario, a lot of times my WiiLight starts flashing, and when that happens, after some time my Wii freezes.
With 38rev14 I can play the game for hours without problems...

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Dec 10 2009, 09:45 PM) what problem are u having? I was just spewing generic info, not giving advice, i didn't even realize u were having a problem... I dont think u ever said u were (unless I am blind)

You are blind
wink.gif

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Shizzy said:
OK, I used this guide, it worked great. I am now on 4.2U with all the hacks and cIOS rev15.
I have noticed that some of my games on my 1TB external HDD are not booting. I am getting a "wbfs panic: malloc fst" with configurable usb loader.

I have tried the same games from waninkoko 1.5 loader, and usb loader gx. No joy... USB loader 1.5 gives a "Returned! (ret = 0)" error, and USB Loader GX just won't do anything at all with them.

I have tried making the loader boot them with different IOS (222,249,ect) The games in question still will not boot.

It is also worth mentioning that some of these games where put on my 1TB HDD as cISO files (pre-compressed) and I had to use a special version of wbfs manager to put them on the HDD.

I tried re-installing cIOS15 to see of that would help - but it did not. (So I ran a bootmii restore to put my wii back where it was after running this guide)

I took one game, AMF Bowling that said it was 0.17 GB on my HDD. Extracted it to my PC, then deleted it off my HDD. Then I used the original wbfs manger to put it back on. This time it as 4+ GB on the HDD, but still would not load.

Here is a list of games giving me the issue:

- AMF Bowling Pinbusters
- The Beatles Rock Band
- Family Feud 2010 Edition
- Hamster Heroes
- London Taxi: Rush Hour
- Margot's Word Brain
- Mortimer Beckett & the Secrets of Spooky Manor
- Saint
- Smarty Pants
- Super Fruit Fall
- Ultimate Duck Hunting
- Wii Chess

If anyone could shed some light on this strange issue, it would be very much appreciated
smile.gif

~ Shizzy

Only game i know of that works is Beatles rock band that i tested. Have you tried installing rev14 instead of cios rev15?

"It is also worth mentioning that some of these games where put on my 1TB HDD as cISO files (pre-compressed) and I had to use a special version of wbfs manager to put them on the HDD."
either that or this is prob your problem try getting a 1:1 copy of like Beatles rock band and putting it on the drive like normal. and see if that works before going crazy with changing settings
smile.gif

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried decompressing Hamster Heroes, and then re-putting it back on the HDD, and it still gave an error. I noticed that so far, both of these games have been DL games. I am going to try to install cIOS rev14, as suggested above (thank you), and see what luck that brings me. I'll post my results...

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
call of duty 3 works via usb loaders now??? are u sure?

Not a game i ever tested myself but no i dont think it does i thought it was one that could use the alt dol method.

"Comment 1 by moviemadnessman, Aug 23, 2009

Just wanted to chime in here. To my knowledge (from reading posts on GBATemp, as
well as looking at other sites and even the USB Compatibility list), Call of Duty 3
is a known issue with virtually all USB loaders. Even the ALT-dol method (which can
fix some games like Super Swing Golf) does not work with CoD3, because it appears
each mission is its own dol.

What does that imply? Well, it means that each mission reloads the IOS, which
results in USB support being dropped ... the equivalent of ejecting the disk occurs,
and the system bugs out. Simply blocking IOS Reload does not work, either, because
(and this is a pure guess) I'm thinking that between the disc DOL, the MAIN.DOL, and
each mission DOL, they use at least 2 different IOS files, so you can't completely
block the IOS reload because it needs to change IOS files to work. This paragraph,
of course, is just a guess.

As far as I know (as of cIOS 38 Rev 13 - loaded as IOS 249), CoD3 could not be played
via USB loaders. It can only be played via disc (real or burned). I don't imagine
it being fixed any time soon, if at all. As a final note, I find it strange that
CoD3 can't be played this way (USB), but CoD:WaW plays just fine."

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thought I just had:

Does it matter which USM port the external HDD is hooked up to? (I notice there are 2 on the back of the Wii)

EDIT: Still getting the error even with cIOS rev14
frown.gif

I'm now assuming that the games that are not working must be bad dumps...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo