razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kid101 said:
I'm a total noob at this and have just curious one curious question:
Why don't we make a NAND backup at the upgrade 4.2 step? I mean, we install HBC and bootmii, what for if not doing a NAND backup?
you must understand that HBC is for running homebrew apps. bootmii is not only for nand restore but also for you to access HBC in case of brick issues and do recovery. you could unbrick your wii even if you don't have a nand backup as long as you could access HBC and most importantly you know how to recover from your type of brick; but of course a nand restore using bootmii boot2 is more convenient than solving the puzzle of your brick.

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My friend gave me a WBFS drive full of stuff... the only problem is NeoGamma doesn't want to load it when I select "USB". Is there an APP that came installed with this mod that can handle that or something someone can recommend?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
lol i just wrote a lovely polite email, and got an auto reply
smile.gif

thanks for writing up the guide!

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, Thanks so much for this simple guide. I'm not sure if this question is beyond the scope of this guide or not, and if not please point m in the rigt direction.

1) I followed the guide to the T and had no errors. Now I have HBC/DVDX
2) Installed Neogamma r8 b15 as a channel
3) Installed Neogamma r8 b1 on SD card
3) Installed CIOS 249 rev 15, shows that info on the bottom of Neogmma
4) Installed CIOS 250 rev 15

The problem I'm having is when I tried to load a backup from DVD or from USB hard drive I get "Error: No DVD (n)"
I believe I have a one of the newer WII with D3-2 drives. I have formatted my WD ELement drive with the WBFSmanger 3.01 and also installed a few ISO on there. Neogamma is able to see the ISO on the harddrive and let me chose the game to load but eveytime I get that DVD error message. I'm not sure if I missed a file during the install or I'm missing some critial IOS to make Neogamma run. After following the steps in this guide I should have everything set to run Neogamma? Thanks for your help in advance.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now do I use the wadmanager 1.5 to uninstalled CIOS 249/250 rev 15 and install rev 14? Do I need to start from a certain step from the guide?
longtom1 said:
use cios rev14 and a usb loader instead of neogamma

loukas77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok i just finished. Only problem was when the guide said:

Deleting stub IOS's
Run Any Title Deleter MOD
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Go to System Titles & press A.
Select IOS222 & press A to delete.
Select IOS223 & press A to delete.
Select IOS249 & press A to delete.
Select IOS250 & press A to delete.

None of them existed so i moved on to the guide. Oh and got 3 times the DSI error but i tried again and the 4th time it worked
smile.gif
. Now i have only one question. Is there a way when i power on the wii to show directly the system menu instead of the preloader? I only need it for the system menu hacks. Also when i put some games in the wii (disks) especially NTSC ones (the wii is PAL) they can't be read. However the same disks can be read by my wii (4.1E). Mybe it's just the modchip. Thanks again for the guide!

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkBahamut7 said:
Hey, after installing BootMii as an IOS, HBC, Priiloader and wannikokos cIOS, what files are necessary to keep on the SD card?

A wad folder if you want to install a wad or something, and apps folder for all the homebrew apps.

@loukas77
I would leave the priiloader, for brick protection.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kublai said:
So now do I use the wadmanager 1.5 to uninstalled CIOS 249/250 rev 15 and install rev 14? Do I need to start from a certain step from the guide?
longtom1 said:
use cios rev14 and a usb loader instead of neogamma
just get rev14 installer and run from the HBC or install the rev14 wads if you have them, look in the backup loaders section for a usbloader there's lots to choose from

loukas77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
rontonimo said:
@loukas77
Well i would too if it was my wii but it's my cousin's who is 12 years old... So i don't want him to mess with preloader... You know
tongue.gif
Is there a way to bypass it?

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loukas77 said:
rontonimo said:
@loukas77
Well i would too if it was my wii but it's my cousin's who is 12 years old... So i don't want him to mess with preloader... You know
tongue.gif
Is there a way to bypass it?

Go into settings autoboot: set it to system menu.

loukas77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Old8oy said:
did you save your settings?
Yes... It says "Settings Saved" and after that i press B and then choose system menu to boot... Maybe any of the hacks have to do something with that?

EDIT: Well i found out that it only works if i shutdown from INSIDE the homebrew channel. I mean when in thw hbc, i press the home button and choose shutdown. After that, It boots into the system menu. If i shut it down from the controller or the button while in the system meny, it boots preloader... Maybe i will uninstall it and then use starpatch for the hacks......

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
loukas77 said:
Old8oy said:
did you save your settings?
Yes... It says "Settings Saved" and after that i press B and then choose system menu to boot... Maybe any of the hacks have to do something with that?

EDIT: Well i found out that it only works if i shutdown from INSIDE the homebrew channel. I mean when in thw hbc, i press the home button and choose shutdown. After that, It boots into the system menu. If i shut it down from the controller or the button while in the system meny, it boots preloader... Maybe i will uninstall it and then use starpatch for the hacks......
Do you have Priiloader 0.2b r30? If so there's a bug that causeing Priiloader to boot even though Autoboot to System Menu is set.

loukas77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
EeZeEpEe said:
Do you have Priiloader 0.2b r30? If so there's a bug that causeing Priiloader to boot even though Autoboot to System Menu is set.
Yes i have the latest version (even though the files for this guide had 0.1 rev15 i downloaded the updated one). Ok guys thanks for all the help! I'm going to uninstall priiloader and use starpatch. They have the same hacks.Although priiloader is good for brick protection, i have bootmii in boot2 and i don't think my cousin can do anything to brick his wii
tongue.gif
(wes i will patch to disable updates). One last question. In the hack "Remove Diag Disc Check" what is diagnosis disc check and why is disabling it good? Thanks again for all the help guys!
wink2.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
loukas77 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
Yes i have the latest version (even though the files for this guide had 0.1 rev15 i downloaded the updated one). Ok guys thanks for all the help! I'm going to uninstall priiloader and use starpatch. They have the same hacks.Although priiloader is good for brick protection, i have bootmii in boot2 and i don't think my cousin can do anything to brick his wii
tongue.gif
(wes i will patch to disable updates). One last question. In the hack "Remove Diag Disc Check" what is diagnosis disc check and why is disabling it good? Thanks again for all the help guys!
wink2.gif
If you want there's a compiled Priiloader r32 that fixes the autoboot bug. I just installed it and it's working fine now.

loukas77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
EeZeEpEe said:
loukas77 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
tongue.gif
wink2.gif
If you want there's a compiled Priiloader r32 that fixes the autoboot bug. I just installed it and it's working fine now.
Thanks dude! I'll see if i will install it! Thanks for all your help :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN