smile.gif

jefferystone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Witnessmenow,

When using 4.2 firmware make sure you aren't trying to run bannerbomb from "Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card", you must run it from the SD Card menu (click the SD card icon on the main system menu).

Sincerely,

Jeffery Stone

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i think i figured out why i get 1035 errors on my nephews wii. Figured this guide is for clean 4.2 wii's? His was already softmodded to 4.1 so a few ios's didnt install because of this and i just installed the ones that would and everything worked out good. I just wanted it to be at 4.2 for testing purposes only.
smile.gif

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This part confused me... because it doesn't direct you to where to download the files it mentions... or does it? Am I missing the download link fot boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml or do these show up somewhere on my SD card after I mod and they have to be put into certain folder(s) ??? Did I misread do these files come with ALL APPS and there isn't really nothing to be done, you're just letting people know?
wacko.gif

What I get from it is possibly they come with all APPS, and you just have to copy a set of them over to the main root of apps/application name directory?

QUOTE said:
After getting whatever apps you want, you should get a boot.dol file & possibly a icon.png & meta.xml.

appsappsapps.png

This file is basically the executable that runs the program on your Wii.

This boot.dol goes in a custom named folder in the
appso.png
folder on the root of your SD Card.
For HBC to read your SD correctly, your card must be structured SD:apps/application name/boot.dol

Here is an example of the
appso.png
folder on my SD Card
appsapps.png

In every folder, there is a boot.dol, icon.png, & meta.xml.

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are the apps that load in the HB channel. A folder with whatever name the program is, and the .dol file is in. The icon and xml are a luxury. Are you asking about running backup disks, and wad games from the usb, and sd card?

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've been reading for several days and asking what to some people are probably really silly questions but hey just trying to cover all the bases... will start the mod very soon, just making sure I'm slightly up to speed on everything, of course if I get stuck I'm sure you'll be able to help.
grog.gif

Don't want to brick, especially when mine is a 4.2u (update from nintendo)
unsure.gif

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
rontonimo said:
Are you asking about running backup disks, and wad games from the usb, and sd card?
Well running backup discs should be pretty simple, via Softmod or NeoGamma correct? Whichever one is better, someone told me they preferred NeoGamma. As for "wad" games from the usb or sd card, not even sure about them they are like pal games or something? So you download them somewhere online than place them on your usb or sd card in a certain folder?

I'd like to know how to use Wii Flow or if that App is stable in everyone's opinon... was watching some videos and it seems interesting, I noticed there were links to dowload, does it mean it will actually download the game or was it just downloading the cover graphic?? I'm such a newb in all this... haha.

elricorico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
elricorico said:
A quick question for confirmation, if I'm on 3.4 and want to move up to 4.1, can I follow the steps from the "Downgrade to 4.1" section to achieve it. I realize that things like the shop channel will still require more steps. My main motivation is to get on a system menu that can use preloader, as I can't use boot2 bootmii.

My question seems to have been lost in all the others, and is now buried sixteen pages back without an answer. My 3.4 Wii is fully softmodded with everything working well, except I can't install pre/priiloader and my wii is too new for boot2 bootmii. I really do want some brick protection, just in case. Can anyone confirm that I should be able to run through those downgrade steps to upgrade.

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clark Kent said:
rontonimo said:
Are you asking about running backup disks, and wad games from the usb, and sd card?
Well running backup discs should be pretty simple, via Softmod or NeoGamma correct? Whichever one is better, someone told me they preferred NeoGamma. As for "wad" games from the usb or sd card, not even sure about them they are like pal games or something? So you download them somewhere online than place them on your usb or sd card in a certain folder?

I'd like to know how to use Wii Flow or if that App is stable in everyone's opinon... was watching some videos and it seems interesting, I noticed there were links to dowload, does it mean it will actually download the game or was it just downloading the cover graphic?? I'm such a newb in all this... haha.
Well I am a noob at this so my experience is quite limited, but softmod is what you are doing to your wii, hardmod is inserting a hardware chip into your wii. I don't know witch one is better neogamma, or softchip. As for pal that is the format of the game if your running 4.2E then those would be the ones you want, but that doesn't matter I guess if you enable region free games in the system menu hacks through preloader. I'm staying to hell away from the cIOSCORP. You won't be able to reverginize your Wii once it's done (easy funkup wii). I updated the wii via wifi before I knew. But this was the only tutorial that didn't cause me any problems. Anyway now I'm trying to chew on the Completesoftmodguide to try all the game functions.

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elricorico said:
elricorico said:
A quick question for confirmation, if I'm on 3.4 and want to move up to 4.1, can I follow the steps from the "Downgrade to 4.1" section to achieve it. I realize that things like the shop channel will still require more steps. My main motivation is to get on a system menu that can use preloader, as I can't use boot2 bootmii.

My question seems to have been lost in all the others, and is now buried sixteen pages back without an answer. My 3.4 Wii is fully softmodded with everything working well, except I can't install pre/priiloader and my wii is too new for boot2 bootmii. I really do want some brick protection, just in case. Can anyone confirm that I should be able to run through those downgrade steps to upgrade.
I'm sure there is another way, don't know what it is though. I would just update through the tutorial, and work my way through it to be on the safe side. Even if you can backup with a nand.bin, and keys.bin. you'll have it done in no time.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
can someone tell me how to boot the HBC from bootmii please, it hangs when i try launching it but from the channel it works fine.
it worked before i used this guide but i also had a very old version of the HBC before.

i am worried as i make my own channels and now if i banner brick i will not be able to launch the HBC.
please help me.

PAL Wii
sys menu 4.2
bootmii boot 2 and ios

nagaway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Guys i did all the steps
but before the last step in Modify 4.2 Run
Priiloader to install preloader onto your system.Run Priiloader to install preloader onto your system.
i got an error message for invalid file,
so i tired to exit the homebrew channel, by selecting exit to system menu from the Boot II settings,
now all i am getting is a black screen with the tittle in the bottom left 4.2(USA)
i think my Wii is gone forever please help.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if ur getting that u need to turn the hacks off in priiloader as its autobooting that screen

Posts merged

rontonimo said:
elricorico said:
elricorico said:

I'm sure there is another way, don't know what it is though. I would just update through the tutorial, and work my way through it to be on the safe side. Even if you can backup with a nand.bin, and keys.bin. you'll have it done in no time.

priiloader works with 4.2 so just go all the way up to that

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that's a good question
I don't play around with region changed wii's
so I wouldn't know
I would imagine the US one

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
can someone tell me how to boot the HBC from bootmii please, it hangs when i try launching it but from the channel it works fine.
it worked before i used this guide but i also had a very old version of the HBC before.

i am worried as i make my own channels and now if i banner brick i will not be able to launch the HBC.
please help me.

PAL Wii
sys menu 4.2
bootmii boot 2 and ios

checked any title deleter and my HBC is definately now JODI, i'm sure it used to be called HAXX

xzxero please help me out ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade