iamtek7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero,

You Rock! Tks!!

I've looked @ that and looked at it but for whatever reason, missed it.

I will say there are TOO (*@$ many guides around and this one was great...

I appreciate it!

frailimbnursry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Celtic Redemption said:
Ok, followed your guide, everything went perfectly. Except when i started with the truchabug thing on IOS 15, suddenly my Homebrew channel is upside down!! It didn't mention it anywhere in the guide, but it thought it might just go away after completing it, i succesfully completed the guide, but Homebrew channel is still upside down. Do i just reinstall it or something?.. or is there something else i should do?

Yes, reinstall HBC. That happens.

Myoview

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have followed the guide and seemed to work fine. Thanks for the guide. Now should I update to cIOS38rev14 or can I just leave it like that. If I need to update, how do I do it? Thanks a lot.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Myoview said:
I have followed the guide and seemed to work fine. Thanks for the guide. Now should I update to cIOS38rev14 or can I just leave it like that. If I need to update, how do I do it? Thanks a lot.
I believe you meant should you update to rev15 because you already have rev14 with this guide. It's not a necessary update and people have been having compatibility issues.

Boywunda

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off, I had a new Wii, upgraded to 4.2, followed the 4.2 Modify guide and was working great with NeoGamma R7 in it's own channel. All Disc-loading.

Then tried to get NSMB working and upgraded to cios 38 rev 15 and cios 222 v4. Then use uloader 3.1 and loaded from disc...working great, beat World 1. Later my wife tried and got the "refer to manual and reboot Wii' error message after playing for a few minutes. Haven't tried anything since.

Also, NeoGamma R7 channel no longer works and cannot read my older games.

My question is, how to I revert back (getting rid of cios 38 rev 15 and cios 222 v4). I know I should never remove those, but what do I re-install? Or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance

kushty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, this is a great resource for wii stuff, thanks for all of your help! I feel bad signing up to ask for more help but, like other users, I can't get the required files from emailing the gmail address. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

leuk_he

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, got the softmod done on my new 4.0e wii. However it will not read any dvd-r. neogamma gives a 1101 (no disk) error. some searching found there were more people with this problem.

I tested a burned disk at someone with a older modded wii and it was fine there.

SO i got a USB disk, and that one works fine.(Cios 249 rev ?, neogamma 7)

There is one game with problems: mario kart. When going to the race one in 3 times i get a black screen and have to power off the wii. Any clues how i can improve this behavior?

Update Cios files? ( but mario kart is from before 4.0?)

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've followed your guide to modify my wii which was on 4.2. However, i've just tried to get to the shop channel, and it's asking me to do a system update?

I thought i was already on the latest version? Anyway, what's going to happen if I let it run? Will I undo all my good work in getting gamma loader on there?

CrackAttack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great guide xzxero.

Had a few hiccups along the way, but mainly due to the fact that i had already done the softmii method on mine.

All in all great guide, much recommended.

iamtek7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tpformbh said:
Hi, I've followed your guide to modify my wii which was on 4.2. However, i've just tried to get to the shop channel, and it's asking me to do a system update?

I thought i was already on the latest version? Anyway, what's going to happen if I let it run? Will I undo all my good work in getting gamma loader on there?

I had the same thing happen and what I read (** AND what WORKED) was to DISABLE disc updates in PreLoader...

iamtek7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kushty said:
Hi, this is a great resource for wii stuff, thanks for all of your help! I feel bad signing up to ask for more help but, like other users, I can't get the required files from emailing the gmail address. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

kushty,
Have you checked your SPAM folder... I got the email withing a minute and it's from "simple mod", but mine went str8 to inbox...

primmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I've followed all the steps for modding 4.2 and have successfully installed everything except for the preloader. I tried to install .30 but ran into the mission abort problem, so I changed preloader .29 to boot.dol in apps folder of my sd card. Now when i load it from homebrew channel all I get is the warning message for the preloader and to shutdown if i'm not ok with it. I have no indication to press + or - to continue with install like the .30, it just gives me the warnings and no other message. Can anyone give me any help or tell me what i'm doing wrong please?

- Thanks

asheam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, was following the guide. Went through the first steps, of "update to 4.2" installed the hbc bootmii as ios and boot2, all the ios files and shop channel. Turned it off, took the sd card out and put the modify.zip files on it. Then when turning the wii on again nothing happens. wii turns on, tries to read a disk but no signal is sent to the tv at all. Nothing comes up at all, with the sd card in or out.

Any help... cheers.. Wii was 3.2 or 3.4 PAL and had had hbc on it before.

(EDIT) On second thoughts looking through i might of installed v480 as well as v482??

System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]

Should i be able to get it running again with boot mii or what?

talbotlives

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starting with a softmodded 3.1u unit, I got through the first section fine, but when I tried the bannerbomb in the "modify section", the wii freezes. Any direction on what could be going wrong?\

edit: figured it out. Instead of going to the data management sd card folder, I needed to go to the sd card menu directly from the homescreen.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tpformbh said:

iamtek7 said:
QUOTE(tpformbh @ Nov 19 2009, 06:40 PM) Hi, I've followed your guide to modify my wii which was on 4.2. However, i've just tried to get to the shop channel, and it's asking me to do a system update?

I had the same thing happen and what I read (** AND what WORKED) was to DISABLE disc updates in PreLoader...
That might work but there really is an update for the Shop Channel. Use WiiSCU 0.23 to update to Shop Channel v18. You do have the latest System Menu but Nintendo was try to remove hacks again with the Shop Channel update.

ZillyWabbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started with a virgin 4.2u (that would not let me use boot2). When I used Hackmii, I did not install DVDX thinking there was no need with plenty of DVD players in the house, but we came up with a reason to play DVDs (not copies of movies, but commercial DVDs). So I went to Homebrew Channel, downloaded the DVDX Installer, used the Automatic install option. Read the screen text. Tried to play a DVD --- and unless I'm missing something (quite possible), nothing happens. I tried powering down after installing DVDX and booting up again - still nothing.

The installer says DVDX is installed as a hidden channel. But there are no instructions about how to use it to play a DVD so maybe there's something I'm supposed to be doing when I put in a DVD? If the channel is hidden, how do I use it (or do I even need to use it?). Should the DVD just start playing after it is inserted or do I have to do something?

Should I uninstall DVDX via the Homebrew Channel DVDX installer and run Hackmii again and install DVDX from there?

kazinstrife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed all of the instructions and have a soft-modded Wii that plays dvd backups (though not New SMB - very likely a problem with the source material) but the very last step under "modify," using preloader, is totally not working for me. I can get into Preloader, it tells me that it's updated itself when i go to install it, but then when i actually run it, it won't let me get back to the system menu.

Not a huge problem, as I was able to uninstall it and go about my business - finally getting around to playing Twilight Princess - but it kinda sticks in my craw. Any ideas as to what i've done wrong so Preloader's a no-go?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc