Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

efxonly1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello xzxero, it seems like I can save the patches in the system menu hack section, but if I turn off the system, it reloads to preloader. If I go to any other menu, it says es_diverify failed. I used the previous guide with dop-ios to patch ios70, do you think I patched it wrong. If so, can I used the ios70.wad from the modify zip or the patched/free the bug ios70 from the previous download?
(I just started reading through the preloader v.30 thread, so I may find an answer in there, unless you give it to me before I finish the 38 pages!)

Thanks.

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has Wii LU64nnnnnn4 with 3.4U. When I put in the SD and try to boot from it. Etc Data management and SD, it just hangs. There is no SD icon? Shall I upgrade it to 4.2 to get SD icon or I should tell him to return and exchange to non-64/65 unit.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
climo said:
Just tried the new updated method and all went well except for Bootmii launching from the HBC. Since I'm setting this up for a family member I did not want it to boot when turning on so I installed it as in IOS only. Everything seems to work great...along with using my USB loader which Im loading games right now.
grog.gif

When I load Bootmii from HBC i get a black screen and the wii's disc light pulses..nothing else. Only way out is to pull the power and restart. Doesn't seem to hurt anything. Would it be possible to re-install it as boot2 or is it too late?

Great Jobs Guys!!!!
bow.gif
grog.gif
bow.gif

if you can install bootmii as boot2, do it ASAP.
it will save your wii.
bootmii gives you a black screen because the files arent on your sd card [the bootmii folder]

skeav said:
can i use this guide becuase i used Amarokz Softmod to page 10

am i ok to restart with yours ?
of course
start completely over though.

QUOTE(efxonly1 @ Nov 1 2009, 06:45 PM)
Hello xzxero, it seems like I can save the patches in the system menu hack section, but if I turn off the system, it reloads to preloader. If I go to any other menu, it says es_diverify failed. I used the previous guide with dop-ios to patch ios70, do you think I patched it wrong. If so, can I used the ios70.wad from the modify zip or the patched/free the bug ios70 from the previous download?
(I just started reading through the preloader v.30 thread, so I may find an answer in there, unless you give it to me before I finish the 38 pages!)

Thanks.
IOS70 needs to be patched a different way than what DOP-IOS does.
just install the IOS70 from the modify.xip and your good.
remember to set the preloader settings "boot to" to "system menu" and not "disabled"

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last week I downloaded the files to modify a wii from 3.x to 4.1,and I also made a text copy with the detailed instructions...
But now that the guide is updated, should I use that old method or is it better to just update to 4.2 using the new files and guide?

I pretty much memorized all the steps from the last guide, and I succesfully modded my friend's Wii
rolleyes.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ramar said:
Last week I downloaded the files to modify a wii from 3.x to 4.1,and I also made a text copy with the detailed instructions...
But now that the guide is updated, should I use that old method or is it better to just update to 4.2 using the new files and guide?

I pretty much memorized all the steps from the last guide, and I succesfully modded my friend's Wii
rolleyes.gif
i would say get the new files
either guide old or new, it accomplishes the same thing

sallad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for putting this guide together xzxero. I have been using your last guide before the Nov 1 update. Don`t think I will redo the guide as my wii works flawless. Just one question though why did you get rid of the mIOS for GameCube?

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, thanks for the quick reply!
I will now start the modding process...

After that, Im gonna try to run my backup copy of The Beatles: Rock Band and play it with the Original Rock Band 2 wireless instruments, do you happen to know if I need to download something to get it working right?
unsure.gif

I've heard the instruments don't sync for some people, just want to be sure...

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sallad said:
Thank you for putting this guide together xzxero. I have been using your last guide before the Nov 1 update. Don`t think I will redo the guide as my wii works flawless. Just one question though why did you get rid of the mIOS for GameCube?
because not many people used it.
i mean if they want to play gamecube backups, they'll find out how to right?
personally i would just install RVL-cmios-v4-v3.5-WiiGator.wad from cioscorp 3.5
it works better than any MIOS patcher.
and plus i could completely remove the need for a gamecube controller

efxonly1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much xzxero, I reinstalled my system menu.wad, then installed the ios70 from the modify zip, then installed preloaderv0.30r4 directly (did not update from v0.29) and it is working fine.

Thanks again for your help and for the guide.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ramar said:
Wow, thanks for the quick reply!
I will now start the modding process...

After that, Im gonna try to run my backup copy of The Beatles: Rock Band and play it with the Original Rock Band 2 wireless instruments, do you happen to know if I need to download something to get it working right?
unsure.gif

I've heard the instruments don't sync for some people, just want to be sure...
The games works fine for me

most poeple with instrument issues are using USB loaders

jasonj uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i try to use this guide for one of my wii's its not working for some reason it says this channel cannot be launched on this wii when i try to use boot.dol/elf from the sd menu yet it has orked on other wii's any ideas anyone? the wii is chipped aswell but it has worked on other chipped wii's :s

jasonj uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i use trucha bug restorer the second time and it takes me back to hbc everything is upside down lol is that happening to everyone?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't upgrade from 0.29 to 0.30 cause... it keeps saying downloading changelog... and it stays on the screen like froze is there a different way to fix this.. and i did try the proloader install 0.30 and it's still no go it keeps giving aborting mission... i think i had it on for 20 mins... and i'm near my router...

CyborgSuperman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I used this mod waaaaaay back before any "preloader .30" and all these other updates, and it worked perfectly. I'm wondering if xzxero suggests that us 'old heads' re-mod our Wiis using this latest, streamlined modding process so that we'll be 'up-to-date'. Also, I used the old MIOSPatcher to change the MIOS to v8, but now I see there's an even better MIOS patcher out there (RVL-cmios-v4-v3.5-WiiGator.wad). Is it safe to install the newer MIOS patcher over the old one? Thanks for all your help and this insanely easy modding guide!!

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
What if I want to mod and stay at 3.2 ?

What if I want to mod to 4.1 only ?

Thanks !
i dont support staying on 3.2
there is no point to
if you must go to 4.1, theres the 4.2 to 4.1 section

skeav said:
i done everything u told me to modfiy 4.2

come to NeoGamma and i getting error 1022
you might have a d3-2 drive, orr a bad burn

jasonj uk said:
when i use trucha bug restorer the second time and it takes me back to hbc everything is upside down lol is that happening to everyone?
reinstall a clean IOS61 then reinstall The Homebrew Channel
it installed using IOS36 instead of using IOS61

QUOTE(DJPlace @ Nov 2 2009, 05:44 AM) i can't upgrade from 0.29 to 0.30 cause... it keeps saying downloading changelog... and it stays on the screen like froze is there a different way to fix this.. and i did try the proloader install 0.30 and it's still no go it keeps giving aborting mission... i think i had it on for 20 mins... and i'm near my router...
the update feature doesnt work, update using the program instead.

QUOTE(CyborgSuperman @ Nov 2 2009, 07:02 AM)
Okay, I used this mod waaaaaay back before any "preloader .30" and all these other updates, and it worked perfectly. I'm wondering if xzxero suggests that us 'old heads' re-mod our Wiis using this latest, streamlined modding process so that we'll be 'up-to-date'. Also, I used the old MIOSPatcher to change the MIOS to v8, but now I see there's an even better MIOS patcher out there (RVL-cmios-v4-v3.5-WiiGator.wad). Is it safe to install the newer MIOS patcher over the old one? Thanks for all your hrelp and this insanely easy modding guide!!
its the same guide, just a different process and i cleaned it up a bitt.
you could install preloader .30 to keep up to date.
any MIOS installation always installs to the same spot, so yea it will overwrite.

i also think it is insanely easy
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: