• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

rally1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
on 3] Run Custom IOS38 Installer im getting install error ret=-1035. im on 4.2 redone steps several times and the same error everytime. any help please

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hacked several Wiis before and it worked just fine but I had to hack my friend's Wii and it did not work (serial number LEH25, PAL system).

I upgraded the virgin Wii to 4.2E then attempted to use bannerbomb and none of the 3 v200 bannerbombs worked.
It freezes before the prompt pops up.

I really don't know what to do knowing that I need bannerbomb to install anything.
Is my friend stuck with a 4.2E virgin Wii?

Help, please!

PS: No, I'm not a n00b or a dumb ass, bannerbomb does freeze everytime I try to run it!

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
Budweiser said:
xzxero said:
the instruments need Hermes cIOS merged with IOS37 to function correctly and is IOS223 if you followed the guide

Please what do I need to do to rectify this problem ?

I don't have IOS37 ...
Thank You very Much for your time........Bud

Ok I just followed the guide and updated from 4.1 to 4.2
and i can only get rockband Beatles to load from IOS249 ,I also have tried IOS222 and IOS223 but the game does not load with the usb loader gx.... I followed the guide to a "T" and had no issues ..
Any Ideas ? BUD

Edit :
Rockband 2 works perfect with 223 and all instruments ..but the beatles rockband wont load

Any Ideas?

2nd EDIT: got it all figured out
smile.gif
thanks guys .......Bud
Just curious but what did you end up doing to get it working?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heathcliff said:
I hacked several Wiis before and it worked just fine but I had to hack my friend's Wii and it did not work (serial number LEH25, PAL system).

I upgraded the virgin Wii to 4.2E then attempted to use bannerbomb and none of the 3 v200 bannerbombs worked.

I really don't know what to do knowing that I need bannerbomb to install anything.

Help, please!

PS: No, I'm not a n00b or a dumb ass, bannerbomb does freeze everytime I try to run it!
my bet is you are a noob and your going to te old bannerbomb execution location.

Shimigami777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to be a noob, but after I do all the steps in this guide, and I put some iso's on a wbfs formatted usb device, and have neogamma on my sd card, should I just be able to play Isos?

Or is there another step to do that?

Because I can't get any Iso to start atm.

Thanks,
Shimigami

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shimigami777 said:
I don't mean to be a noob, but after I do all the steps in this guide, and I put some iso's on a wbfs formatted usb device, and have neogamma on my sd card, should I just be able to play Isos?

Or is there another step to do that?

Because I can't get any Iso to start atm.

Thanks,
Shimigami
Are you using a USB hard drive or a big flash drive? If it's a hard drive why not try USB Loader GX, Wiiflow, or any of the other USB loaders.

Shimigami777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a usb sd card reader with a 16gb sdhc card. It's all I have right now.

I tried using another loader, I think it was called USB loader R7 or something like that. Anyway, I put it's folder in my apps folder, but when I get to the Homebrew channel, its not there.

I'll try some others though.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, have some questions... i followed this guide on a 4.2 virgin wii, no problems at all! thank a lot.

Then i tried neogamma r7 and mario kart, and got the error 001 screen, what can i do to bypass this??? will i have also the error 002 screen??

which is the best backup launcher?? i would like to install it as a channel on my wii

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xzxero said:
Heathcliff said:

Help, please!

my bet is you are a noob and your going to te old bannerbomb execution location.

lmao, i love how he says he's not a n00b, and the first thing u say is you bet he's a noob, lmao. Noobs are like bad drivers, no1 ever thinks they are one themselves

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DbGt said:
xflak40 said:
look into usb loaders, they are infinitely better than using backup disks

yes, i will also do that, but i want a backup launcher also, i have lots of burned wii discs..... can you help me with my problem??

001 comment/fix (by xzxero)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171...t&p=2342251

I use a neogamma forwarder channel, it works fine, they all work fine, but some have 002 fix in their options, and others don't, google it. For the most part, I am a fan of forwarder channels, they take up less space on ur wii's memory, but u need to have ur SD card in the wii for it 2 work.

wiiwouldliketoha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi im just starting to hack My wii and realized that even though your instructions said "open Wad manager" the wad manager is not in the "apps" folder, nor in the Newmod.rar .. Do i just download it and put the .dol in the apps folder, if so, is there any specific version? 1.4, 1.5???

Any help is appreciated
A N00b

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiwouldliketohack said:
Hi im just starting to hack My wii and realized that even though your instructions said "open Wad manager" the wad manager is not in the "apps" folder, nor in the Newmod.rar .. Do i just download it and put the .dol in the apps folder, if so, is there any specific version? 1.4, 1.5???

Any help is appreciated
A N00b
It's definitely included. While in the Homebrew Channel press +. It might be on the next page.

wiiwouldliketoha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Its not there, i downloaded the newmod.rar file and extracted it into the Sd root... The apps in homebrew are currently: Trucha Bug Restorer, Anytitle Deleter, Custom Ios38 DOP-IOS mod, Cios_intaller, Cios 222/223 installer mios patcher, preloader .29 and Startpatch 4.2.1U, I manually downloaded the lastest version of Wad Manager (1.5) will that work? Im pretty sure i downloaded the right file..

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems i have an older version of the newmod.rar file, im currently downloading the new one,
Thanks!

Ps. Can Anyone Recommend Any Backup Loaders, im looking at Neogamma and Wiiflow right now, any suggestions?

confused1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent up-to-date guide sir, thanks! Worked for my virgin 4.2 almost flawlessly!

I did run into problems trying to install preloader .30r3 (on a new 4.2 system) at the end of the guide. running it from HBC would only say "cant get root, ticket not found" or something like that. I then tried .30r4 and same thing. Since I REALLY wanted preloader I finally tried installing v.29 and that worked, then it let me install .30r4 over that.

Now if I could just get a WORKING forwarder .dol for Configurable USB Loader I would be in heaven. Everything I try results in a core dump or black screen from preloader. I suspect it's all preloaders fault, and .30 didn't help anything.

Thanks for the guide!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the hacks.ini file included in newmod.rar (Oct 22, 2009) would not work with preloader .30. I had to scour this site for an updated hacks.ini. preloader kept saying "you are running system v4.81" or something bizarre like that. If you look in the hacks.ini it says what version it is supposed to work with. just in case anyone else has trouble..

rolloverminutes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I added homebrew on my computer and got the Tracbachu restorer to work, but the deleter does not delete the IOS files. Any of them, it says error.

I upgraded my virgin wii to 4.2 and used banner bomb v2

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
ok i have 1 wierd problem....

i traded my wii into gamestop and got a new 1 used (Lu33)

problem is i have a 1gb micro sd and adapter....
i used it to hack my wii before but im having a wierd problem.... hackmii installer wont come up, i go to wii channals in options and put in my sd card in the wii then click sd and it freezes and i gata hold wii button for 5 seconds to shut off...

i tried on both my wii and my cousins wii
i then formated my sdhc to ntsf and it would not read the sd so i formated it to fat32 and it starts to freeze when i try to launch bootmii.....

his is version 4.1 and mine is 3.1
and then i updated to 4.2 on mine and still freezes at
the same part......

i used to use it alot but it might be my pc maby?? its windows vista where i get the files you sent me.

can you tell me what im doing wrong?

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
xflak40 said:
DbGt said:
xflak40 said:
look into usb loaders, they are infinitely better than using backup disks

yes, i will also do that, but i want a backup launcher also, i have lots of burned wii discs..... can you help me with my problem??

001 comment/fix (by xzxero)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171...t&p=2342251

I use a neogamma forwarder channel, it works fine, they all work fine, but some have 002 fix in their options, and others don't, google it. For the most part, I am a fan of forwarder channels, they take up less space on ur wii's memory, but u need to have ur SD card in the wii for it 2 work.

the 001 fix by xzxero was only this: "001 an outdated cIOS. you sure you installed the latest ccIOS? "

mmmmm so how do i know if i installed the latest ccIOS??? i only followed the 4.2 guide and did all the steps, that doesnt include the latest ccIOS?? and if not, which one is??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning