OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hpacheco said:
I have a D2CKey, but that shouldn't be the problem.

Ok, I have ran the RZTP.dol fix in http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/213556-neog...ublic-beta.html and it worked, with neogamma R6 002 fix (apparantly R7 does not have it). I wonder why Virtua Tennis worked without any fix, it is a motion plus game as well.

The thing is that Wii Sports Resort still doesn't work via the disc channel. No clue at all.
?? why did you get neogamma from another site when it all originally comes from this site?
your doin us dirty man!

hpacheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
hpacheco said:

Ok, I have ran the RZTP.dol fix in http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/213556-neog...ublic-beta.html and it worked, with neogamma R6 002 fix (apparantly R7 does not have it). I wonder why Virtua Tennis worked without any fix, it is a motion plus game as well.

The thing is that Wii Sports Resort still doesn't work via the disc channel. No clue at all.
?? why did you get neogamma from another site when it all originally comes from this site?
your doin us dirty man!

No, it was from the gbatemp neogamma thread.
Have you read my update? IOS 55 solved everything, I think I am going to repeat all the steps with my 3.3 (non BootMii boot2) Wii. Any recommendations? I have updated my 3.2 to 3.3 first trying to simulate the same conditions, or since the update is not neccessarily a system update, just an IOS update, it could behave differently? Thanks for the help and sorry for the massive posts.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hpacheco said:
xzxero said:
hpacheco said:

your doin us dirty man!

No, it was from the gbatemp neogamma thread.
Have you read my update? IOS 55 solved everything, I think I am going to repeat all the steps with my 3.3 (non BootMii boot2) Wii. Any recommendations? I have updated my 3.2 to 3.3 first trying to simulate the same conditions, or since the update is not neccessarily a system update, just an IOS update, it could behave differently? Thanks for the help and sorry for the massive posts.
massive posts help the problem get solved.
3.3 has no trucha bug.
so just follow the guide, and your set.
no other recommendations

hpacheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be doing the system update first, via official update in the System Menu. This way I only get preloader uninstalled by the Nintendo update, that does no harm. I even continue with the HBC installed.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hpacheco said:
I will be doing the system update first, via official update in the System Menu. This way I only get preloader uninstalled by the Nintendo update, that does no harm. I even continue with the HBC installed.
A nintendo update will patch most of your IOS's as well so make sure you do the trucha bug restorer part.

hpacheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, I like it better this way.
I also propose an alteration to the tutorial: if you can't install BootMii as boot2, it is always better to install the preloader right after the patched IOS36, I suppose. I have done it that way.

UPDATE: Ups, I take it back. After running Dop-IOS v7 I got the system files corrupted message (still experimenting so its fine), should this because of my mid-preloader step? Just installed the System-Menu-v450 wad, and the system is functional again. I will have to retry it all again to see why.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hpacheco said:
yep, I like it better this way.
I also propose an alteration to the tutorial: if you can't install BootMii as boot2, it is always better to install the preloader right after the patched IOS36, I suppose. I have done it that way.

UPDATE: Ups, I take it back. After running Dop-IOS v7 I got the system files corrupted message (still experimenting so its fine), should this because of my mid-preloader step? Just installed the System-Menu-v450 wad, and the system is functional again. I will have to retry it all again to see why.
yea preloader installs within IOS60

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great guide, worked perfectly, thank you very much sir!

ONLY thing that scared me was after preloader installed, it didn't load...had no idea what to do - then I google'd it and found that I had to hold reset while turning on the Wii, and then preloader ran
smile.gif

Thanks again ;-)

rewesh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything went well until installing Dop_IOS step, it render the file system corrupted. I can load with preloader as i can not install bootmii as boot2. i do not have a nad backup. is there any way to restore back ISO60 which i think it broke the WII. Thanks

hpacheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have preloader installed before the DOP-IOS step? This is why:

"Also, if you are using Preloader and you 'dop' IOS60, remember to reinstall Preloader after 'doping' otherwise you will brick (you will still be able to boot HBC via Preloader, you just wont be able to load the System Menu)."

You have 3 things you need to try out, in sequence:

1. change the IOS to 30 and back to 60, and see if it works
2. try reinstalling preloader
3. downloading your system menu version (preloader says which one it is, mine is v450) using NUS and applying it through Wad Manager.

All of them should be ok, but beware whatever you do now: installing a new system menu uninstall preloader, so it for some reason it doesn't work, you will be bricked.
And btw, never delete anything at all.

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after a bit of stress, a shitload of reading of stuff on this site i managed to get everything working. My biggest problem was once i was semi bricked, i tried to use my bootmii nand backup i made during the whole process (thank goodness for that...) to try and restore my wii back to the way it was to try again. I kept getting an error saying the the nand dump was for another wii, which made me pull my hair out, but after reading a lot of stuff, i found the fix, restored my wii to the way it was prior to my latest foray into playing around with things i probably shouldnt be. (i am considering starting a thread to clearly outline the process of doing a restore using the nand backup, with all the necessary steps in one convienient location, and in simple step by step retarded noob language (which i speak fluently). it was with this problem of not being able to restore my wii, and searching for info on how to do it in many different places that cost me the most time and stress today)

I then follow the guide through once more, just as i did the previous time. What i realised (as i was watching every line of code being displayed like a hawk) that sometimes during the online method, the network connection fails, or some part doesnt finish or install properly. I think that is what may have happened somewhere during the first time i tried, so when it came to the final steps, some important shit was missing. In any case, this time when i did notice something not download/install perfectly, i went back and did the same step again. and ususally the second pass was perfect (i only had to do this for 2 steps, .... i cant remember what they were...). And finally, everything has turned out good.

The only things, as a semi noob, that i think would help out some people when it comes to this guide, is to let them know that they should keep an eyes out for any download or installation errors, and if they have any, to repeat the step.

One other thing i came across was that even after i had upgraded to 4.1J (i have a japanese wii. i live in japan.) when i put in the wii sports resort disk, it still asked to do an update anyway, i just went a head and did it, and no problems with any of my homebrew etc. i can play original japanese and us games, and backup copies of them too. in fact i would probably suggest that if you are running a lower firmware, 3.2, 3.3 or whatever, you should just go ahead and update via nintendo to 4.1, and then use this guide. it really is awesome (just make sure you watch each step and squash any troubles before they lead to semi bricking or your wii)

i just wanted to say thanks to all the people that figure out all this stuff, and are kind enough to put in the effort so that others that arent quite as tech savvy can somehow muddle our way through it. this guide was awesome. and i hope my extra little comments help make it even better

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh yeah, one other thing that i forgot to mention/ask

i didnt end up doing the preloader install step the second time round. the main reason for this, is because from what i have gathered there is no hacks for a japanese console, ie. there is no hacks.ini file for a japanese wii.

is this true. if not, then i would love to install it. it would be nicer to be able to enable hacks like region free wii games, region free gc games, and region free channels all from the preloader, rather that having to play around a bit finding the appropriate homebrew app that will work for me

is there any other reason that i should install the preloader (i was able to install bootmii as boot2, so i think i should be permanent brick protected (touch wood)

hpacheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can always try to install StartPatch for the hacks, people say its better, although I couldn't install it myself due to some error I have not yet figured out.
As long as you have BootMii as boot2, you can try whatever you want: cIOSCORP for instance.

if you are on 4.1, the Wii Sports Resort update simply install IOS 55, that is required for some reason. And yes, you can first update via nintendo to 4.1 and then follow this guide (I did it myself).

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would change the guide abit as far as requiring a GC controller, my reasoning is as follows.

Bushing suggests NOT to flash a nand using bootmii as ios.
What other purpose would anyone want bootmii other then Brick restore.

Therefor in my logical opinion a game cube controller is not required because you should advise users with non vulnerable boot1's to skip installing bootmii all together.

hpacheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not agree. Not being able to install BootMii as boot2 requires extra precautions with preloader, but as a last resort, if you can access the preloader and your system is too messed up, you can always restores your nand via BootMii IOS. The problems inherent with it, from what I've read, is that you end up with a bricked console if:
. your Wii powers off during restore (an UPS can help solving that)
. your SD card is corrupted (an easy check)
. your backup is invalid (it shouldn't be, you know when you backed up)

It's simply risky because you cannot trace back, but that's a reality as well if you have preloader and need to install a new system menu.

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hpacheco said:
you can always try to install StartPatch for the hacks, people say its better, although I couldn't install it myself due to some error I have not yet figured out.
As long as you have BootMii as boot2, you can try whatever you want: cIOSCORP for instance.

if you are on 4.1, the Wii Sports Resort update simply install IOS 55, that is required for some reason. And yes, you can first update via nintendo to 4.1 and then follow this guide (I did it myself).

starPatch you say. and this will have hacks available for my japanese wii?

and is starpatch basically the same as preloader ( what are the differences, if any?)

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
also.

I was wondering, if i do decide to install starpatch or cISOcorp 3.3, or both.

if i wanted to remove these at any point how would i go about doing it.

the only reason i mention this, is that currently, after a lot of playing around, the wii is doing about 95% of the things i want it to, i dont want to get greedy and then have things blow up on me a things get worse... but i guess thats what i have bootmii and my nand backup for....

Reg Car

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reg Car said:
oK ... I am a novice... So sorry if questions are too silly.

so I was try to execute all steps last night, but when booting with SD card,
Wii shows a screen informing about Bootmii, HBC, and DVDX,
but I was not able to do nothing...

Should the last Bootmii/HBC/DVDX installation I did a few week ago causing the issue?
Does the NAND backup too important?

Well, yesterday I went ahead, running:
. all the TRUCHA steps
. CIOS installation
. DOP ISO
. and WAD Manager

but then again I faced an issue running Preloader.29
IT HANGS the Wii
??? should be the SDHC (4GB) I am using?

Thanks

----
A NAND backup can save you from a brick. The only reason preloader would hang is because you didnt do the trucha bug restorer steps correctly. also preloader will not read your hacks.ini if you are using a sdhc card.

biggrin.gif
Well I am a bit stupid but I am learning... Wii was NOT hung at Preloader... Preloader It is PRE LOADED prior Wii Boot itself...
and It is wait for my selection... Ohhhhh

So I am just missing install 2 WADs to be able running backups... Thanks guys.

ABOUT NAND backup... I still didnt understand how to do it ...
Can someone review the step I should do in order to have it?

THANKS ALL

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions...both are not answered in the FAQ.

I am trying to restore my NAND from the backup...it says the backup is for a different Wii. What is the problem there?

How do you use NeoGamma R7? The readme that comes with NeoGamma is rather sparse. Here are the NeoGamma settings, could someone explain what they do?

---------------
Main Menu:

Load Game on DVD
Load Games from:

Region Options
Config Options
Rebooter Options
Use Rebooter

Credits
Exit OS
At the very bottom: [Gecko symbol] NeoGamma R7, IOS 249 (Rev 14)
--------------------

Load Games from: , , (press left/right to select between options)
If you change to USB or SD/SDHC, the top line will change to: Press A to Mount WBFS

What is WBFS? Simply a file system the Wii likes to read. I don't know what it stands for. NeoGamma doesn't have tools you need for creating a WBFS partition with games on it. Use a USB Loader for that. USB Loader GX is one that can be found in the OP in this thread. A lot of people like to use USB HDDs due to their large size compared to USB sticks.

When you press A, it will try to load WBFS partition on your selected device. If successful, the top line will change to [Game] from [Region]. If you have more than one game press left/right to select between them.

Region Options:
Boot Lang: [Auto Force/Console Default/Various Languages]
Force Video: [Disc/Wii/Various Video Modes]
Patch Video: [No/Normal/More/All]
VIDTV Patch: [No/Yes]
Patch Country Str.: [No/Yes]

Config Options:
Hook Type: [VI (buggy)/Wii Pad/GC Pad]
Ocarina On: [No/SD (Using cIOS)/SD (Using IOS36)/SD (Using IOS61)/USB (Using cIOS)/USB (Using IOS36)]
Altern. .dol: [No/SD/Disc/USB]
Save Config: [No/Yes]

-----------------------

When I hit "Use Rebooter" I get an error message: "Error Loading Menu" - What could be the problem?
Note: I did not use the guide in the OP. I can follow that guide skipping step 2 only, because I already have HBC, BootMii, and DVDX, is this correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One day away from Juan's birthday