• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

modwomen209

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey modders and moddettes ^^. I have a quick and fairly simple question. Assuming one correctly moddified a wii, is it possible for later on down the line that a wii would not be able to start up USBloader GX because of missing cIOS's. Or did I get back a completely different wii? I mean, can cIOS's randomly uninstall themselves after you moddified a wii or is my neighbor lying to me? Thanks
closedeyes.gif

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
modwomen209 said:
Hey modders and moddettes ^^. I have a quick and fairly simple question. Assuming one correctly moddified a wii, is it possible for later on down the line that a wii would not be able to start up USBloader GX because of missing cIOS's. Or did I get back a completely different wii? I mean, can cIOS's randomly uninstall themselves after you moddified a wii or is my neighbor lying to me? Thanks
closedeyes.gif
use a better loader like CFG usbloader
GX doesnt work with latest cios

bulldog7114

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im using usb loader gx rev938 with cios 20b hermes v5 gx loader set at 222 default and all games play yuo may need to adjust ios loading for each game through settings

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modwomen209 said:
closedeyes.gif

If someone did an update (online or disc), then it is possible the cios's got removed.

-Erik

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the latest guide is great, used it yesterday to softmod my niece's red 4.3 wii via smash stack. took less than 5 mins (not including nand dump). thanks.

if i add other .wad files to sd:/wad/ (i.e. forwarder channels) will they be installed by the automated wad manager as well, or does it read from a list?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fattest said:
the latest guide is great, used it yesterday to softmod my niece's red 4.3 wii via smash stack. took less than 5 mins (not including nand dump). thanks.

if i add other .wad files to sd:/wad/ (i.e. forwarder channels) will they be installed by the automated wad manager as well, or does it read from a list?

It installs all wads inside the specified directory from wm_config.txt (/wad) so you have a little flexibility if needed.

-Erik

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Ok, and even if you do everything this guide says perfectly is there a 50/50 or 90/10 chance your wii might still brick or will it only brick if you make a mistake?

Also, how do you deal with games asking you for updates, even if you get that update block thing when you finish guide won't some games ask for updates?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles54321 said:
Ok, and even if you do everything this guide says perfectly is there a 50/50 or 90/10 chance your wii might still brick or will it only brick if you make a mistake?
it will brick only if you decide to go off the rails and totally ignore the guide. all the installlation is automated, you just need to choose which app to run at each step and that step is taken care of
QUOTE(Miles54321 @ Dec 17 2010, 04:54 AM) Also, how do you deal with games asking you for updates, even if you get that update block thing when you finish guide won't some games ask for updates?
priiloader blocks both disc and online updates

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
fattest said:
Miles54321 said:
it will brick only if you decide to go off the rails and totally ignore the guide. all the installlation is automated, you just need to choose which app to run at each step and that step is taken care of
QUOTE(Miles54321 @ Dec 17 2010, 04:54 AM) Also, how do you deal with games asking you for updates, even if you get that update block thing when you finish guide won't some games ask for updates?

So is priiloader part of the guide and will automatically activate when i complete guide or is it something i have to find myself on google

Also, the IOS files, do you need to find them on google yourself or are they part of the guide?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles54321 said:

Also, how do you deal with games asking you for updates, even if you get that update block thing when you finish guide won't some games ask for updates?

Load them through neogamma or rip them to a hard drive and play them.

Miles54321 said:
fattest said:
Miles54321 said:
QUOTE(Miles54321 @ Dec 17 2010, 04:54 AM)

So is priiloader part of the guide and will automatically activate when i complete guide or is it something i have to find myself on google

Also, the IOS files, do you need to find them on google yourself or are they part of the guide?

Read the guide and all will make sense.
smile.gif

-Erik

okman4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, havnt been on here for a while.

i've got system 3.3u and hbc and everything running, except a few games dont work (new super mario bros, metroid prime triology, maybe some other ones, i havnt tried any recent games).

i just ran an update on my hbc and also added the ios 58 installer and ran that.

i am not sure what version of cIOS i am running, but it might be older. what is a recent and safe version to install? also, do i need to update to 4.2 or 4.3 system menu to get recent features, or is that included with the cIOS upgrade? i.e. netflix streaming etc.

any help is appreciated.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
okman4ever said:

i've got system 3.3u and hbc and everything running, except a few games dont work (new super mario bros, metroid prime triology, maybe some other ones, i havnt tried any recent games).

i just ran an update on my hbc and also added the ios 58 installer and ran that.

i am not sure what version of cIOS i am running, but it might be older. what is a recent and safe version to install? also, do i need to update to 4.2 or 4.3 system menu to get recent features, or is that included with the cIOS upgrade? i.e. netflix streaming etc.

any help is appreciated.
use modmii to update everything

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okman4ever said:

any help is appreciated.

Ok, just follow the entire guide, the update to 4.2 will update you to 4.2, and install all the latest system ios's. Then follow the Modify 4.2 section to modify it, and you will be good to go
smile.gif

-Erik

solyxius

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone still have the previous 11 October 2010 version of the 42mod.zip?

Been modding several Wii's over the last few weeks, all smooth sailing with the previous version ... the latest -

1) YAWM won't run with USB hard drive connected (Exception DSI ...)

2) Once unplugged, and all update steps completed, still won't run USB Loader GX from USB Hard Drive (sometimes gets to menu but no games run).

3) Prilloader won't boot directly to USB Loader GX

So yeah, looking for the previous 11 October 2010 version of the 42mod.zip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm good, how r u, sorry playing Starfield, n have tablet by me on chat, but was exploring a planet
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm good, how r u, sorry playing Starfield, n have tablet by me on chat, but was exploring a planet