tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
r190383 said:
hi guys, got some errors here, okay i manage to update my firmware to 4.2U. I check it in Wii setting, it says 4.2U already.

1. now the problem is that when i try to Modify it, i cant seem to open the SD Card menu (the one in the Wii channels), it freezes when i click on the SD Card button, the 'pointer hand' is freezing there.. i try 4 or 5 times still cant get it running.

2. So i was thinking that i should run the update again...so i put the ntscupdate (the files inside it i mean) again, then i go to the SD card menu...hoping that it would pop up the windows from hackmii to run the boot.dol but instead i got a question mark (?) inside the first wii menu box, its command was Move Erase or Copy. I've done it a few times, even formatting the SD card but still give me the same thing.

3. Then, i try to downgrade it...since i dont know what todo. i put the all the files inside ntscdowngrade into the SD card, run it through channels menu again. and it appears nothing...not freezing, but it just doesnt read anything inside the SD Card.

4. Everytime i go in to the HBC, it got stuck. the remote light dead, the screen go blank. so i have to hard-reset it. since it needed the HBC to downgrade to 4.1U is it?

Has anyone experience the same problems here? please help. i really have no clue. Thanks before.
If bannerbomb doesn't work/freeze, try another version

Daemonfaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Longtom1 i am willing to have your children.

Can anyone explain to me what "Enable desired hacks & go into the settings & make to use the system menu IOS." Is talking about and how to do it. After i have installed Priiloader it just sends me back to HBC.

tamersaid81@yaho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([email protected] @ Jan 1 2010, 05:11 PM) great that's right v16 overwrite v14, so if i will use DISK stay with v14 if i will use USB stay with v16.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nothing work with Wii from the first time i wonder because am still new with Wii how many program and patches or iso we are using and after all of this there's games dos't work.
hate2.gif

i tried to use wad manager to install 249 v14 i got error (ret -1035)
any solution
thanks

jmg999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

First off, thank you for the guide. I'm having some difficulty, however. I've read through quite a few pages in this topic, and I've seen my particular problem addressed once or twice by other confused posters, but there hasn't been a suitable answer posted thus far. If there has, and I've missed it, I apologize. I'm currently attempting to restore the trucha bug. The directions are unclear, as there are steps outlined in the guide that aren't what I'm seeing on my screen. This is what I've done so far:

1. Run DOP-IOS MOD v10
2. Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
3. Press B to choose no IOS reload.
4. Choose Downgrade IOS15.
5. Choose load IOS from SD.
6. Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)

--At this point, the guide deviates from what I'm seeing on my screen.--

7. Wait till it says Press 1 then press it. (This is not available to me. Rather, I am asked to press A to be taken back to the HBCs menu, where I can select DOP-IOS MOD again.)
8. Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES
9. Then press A on install a patched IOS36.
10. Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

At this point, it tries to run through the installation process, but in the end, it errors out every time. It says that that the trucha bug has been patched into ES module(#14), as have ES_Identify, and NAND permissions. After the preparations are complete, it attempts to install. It then airs out w/ this message:

ES_AddTitleStart returned: -2011
You need to use an IOS w/ trucha bug.
That's what the IOS15 downgrade is for...
IOS36 installation failed.
Press A to return to the loader.

I've actually Googled ES_AddTitleStart returned: -2011, but so far, the only suggestions I've seen are to try loading from the NUS, but that hasn't worked for me, either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a complete noob at this, so it's quite possible that I'm overlooking something, but I'd be grateful for some direction from an experienced modder. Thank you, and happy New Year!

zaquitawesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I am a still a bit confused, here is what I think the guide should say according to all the comments I have read. I am sorry if any of the following is incorrect, please edit for the rest of the noobs out there like me. the steps would be:

Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run DOP-IOS MOD v10
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Press B to choose no IOS reload.
Choose Downgrade IOS15.
*Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.
*it will auto return to hbc
*Run DOP-IOS MOD v10
*Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
*Press B to choose no IOS reload.

Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES

Then press A on install a patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.
*Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.
*it will auto return to hbc
*Run DOP-IOS MOD v10
*Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.

Choose IOS36 & press A.
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.
Proceed to choose IOS36 back on the first menu.
Press A to start the stub removal process.
Press home to head back to the Homebrew Channel.

studisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used this guide to successfully mod two wiis but this time I ran into a little problem. I tried to mod my friend's wii but it was 3.5 or something like that so I used the guide to update it first. I ran Bannerbomb but when I got to the part about running the Wad Manager to replace " IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 22 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad by pressing + on each one then 1 to install them. [Apparantly IOS12 & IOS13 will not appear on the list, but they are above top one.]" none of those come up on my screen. Would it be viable to uninstall bootmii, DVDX and the Homebrew channel and just run the official update to 4.2 and just use the Modifying guide?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
studisc said:
I've used this guide to successfully mod two wiis but this time I ran into a little problem. I tried to mod my friend's wii but it was 3.5 or something like that so I used the guide to update it first. I ran Bannerbomb but when I got to the part about running the Wad Manager to replace " IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 22 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad by pressing + on each one then 1 to install them. [Apparantly IOS12 & IOS13 will not appear on the list, but they are above top one.]" none of those come up on my screen. Would it be viable to uninstall bootmii, DVDX and the Homebrew channel and just run the official update to 4.2 and just use the Modifying guide?
I'd just update to 4.2 without uninstalling anything

crs83

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello and happy new year... I follow an other guide from a site but i think i made some wrong moves.. After i have finished, errors (1048,1053) were written at neogamma when i put a DVD - R Verbatim copy and when i downloaded two games from hbc browser ( super mario war and uno) and i tried to play them, the screen went black and "system occured" was written and the console stucked? My question is if and how i can delete the hbc , and follow your guide from the beggining?? I bought my black wii before two weeks and i don't know which firmware it had. I updated it to 4.2 online...i think that i have made all the steps wright until modify 4.2 - Making a NAND backup but after those steps i don't know if i made them correct.Please help me!!!!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To anyone having problems with the TBR steps, these steps should be correct:

2. Run DOP-IOS MOD. Press A to continue to the next screen. Go down once to select "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning". Press A to continue.

2a) You will go to the TBR menu.

* Leave/change the option to IOS36 and press B (no IOS reload).
* In the next menu, choose Downgrade IOS15.
* It will ask where to load the IOS from, choose Download IOS from NUS (if you follow the Offline guide, choose Load IOS from SD).

If it reboots to the HBC at this part, run DOP-IOS MOD again and choose the fakesign option again.
2b) Back in the TBR menu, change the IOS to IOS15 and press B.

* Now go in the IOS36 menu.
* Leave the top option to 36 and change all other options to yes.
* Once you did this, go to Install patched IOS and press A.
* It will again ask where to load the IOS from, so say Download IOS from NUS (if you follow the Offline guide, choose Load IOS from SD).

Again, if it returns to HBC, go back to DOP-IOS MOD and choose the fakesign option.
2c) Once thats done as well, go back to the TBR menu and choose IOS36 (if its not set to that) and press B to go to the next screen.

* This time, choose Restore IOS15.
* If it asks you where to load the IOS from, you should know what to do by now.[/p]

You'll need the correct files on the SD card for the offline guide

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
r190383 said:
another version? sorry i didn't get it, another version of what?
another version of bannerbomb
there are more versions of it, so if one doesn't work, try another one
you can find all versions at the bannerbomb site: http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php

see, step 6 says to use one of these versions if the first on freezes (when entering the SD card menu), which is what happened to you

r190383

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
r190383 said:
another version? sorry i didn't get it, another version of what?
another version of bannerbomb
there are more versions of it, so if one doesn't work, try another one
you can find all versions at the bannerbomb site: http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php

see, step 6 says to use one of these versions if the first on freezes (when entering the SD card menu), which is what happened to you

thanks for the quick response.
cool.gif

one thing though, just a couple minutes ago my girlfriend accidentally update the wii through 'wii system update' from New Super Mario Bros CD, is there any chance something go wrong or changing any data on the update that i've been recently doing? it's still says 4.2U on the wii settings. but can't play the game, it says error #001 and HBC still freezes.

H8ff0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
To anyone having problems with the TBR steps, these steps should be correct:

2. Run DOP-IOS MOD. Press A to continue to the next screen. Go down once to select "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning". Press A to continue.

2a) You will go to the TBR menu.

* Leave/change the option to IOS36 and press B (no IOS reload).
* It will ask where to load the IOS from, choose Download IOS from NUS (if you follow the Offline guide, choose Load IOS from SD).

If it reboots to the HBC at this part, run DOP-IOS MOD again and choose the fakesign option again.
2b) Back in the TBR menu, change the IOS to IOS15 and press B.

* Now go in the IOS36 menu.
* Leave the top option to 36 and change all other options to yes.
* Once you did this, go to Install patched IOS and press A.
* It will again ask where to load the IOS from, so say Download IOS from NUS (if you follow the Offline guide, choose Load IOS from SD).

Again, if it returns to HBC, go back to DOP-IOS MOD and choose the fakesign option.
2c) Once thats done as well, go back to the TBR menu and choose IOS36 (if its not set to that) and press B to go to the next screen.

* This time, choose Restore IOS15.
* If it asks you where to load the IOS from, you should know what to do by now.[/p]

You'll need the correct files on the SD card for the offline guide

I followed what you said here, but when it was done, I went to install Priiloader, and it said something about IOS36 and trucha and the install was canceled.

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here are some quick suggestions for anyone having problems with the guide as it is right now (And until xzxero updates it again)

1.- If you're having problems with the DOP IOS MOD, if your wii is hooked to wifi, instead of choosing Load IOS from SD press right until it says Load IOS from NUS Here are some detailed instructions:

1. Run DOP-IOS MOD. Press A to continue to the next screen.

* Go down once to select "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning".
* Press A to continue.

1a) You will go to the TBR menu. Leave the option at IOS36 and press B (no IOS reload).

* It will ask where to load the IOS from, choose Download IOS from NUS

1b) Back in the TBR menu, change the IOS to IOS15 and press A (NOT B).

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Ninja said:
S3xii Lexii said:
H3y wHatS gOiNg On guYs
Well I finally messed up. I not quite sure what happened.All I know is that she [my stupid sister] tried to install HBC while she was on 4.0U and then she got it to install. Afterward the numb NUTS updated through nintendo to 4.2U. Although her system menu was not bricked, I went ahead and did a complete reinstall using the slightly older version of "Modify any wii 4.2 and below". The one i am talking about is where i took the modify.zip and worked from there. I had to use anytitle deleter and so on and so forth. So basically when I was done, I proceeded to install preloader. Upon the first try I got a code dump, then I restarted and went to HBC via system menu, and installed preloader successfully.

The problem is that now the system menu will not show up. I can only boot HBC but not system menu.
hate2.gif

So is there any way I can recover the system menu without a NAND backup.

thanks guys very much.
wub.gif

When you try to load the system menu does it say ES identify error or something down the bottom of the preloader screen? If it does then you are probably trying to load the system menu with the wrong IOS. Go into preloaders settings and check what IOS the system menu is set to load with. Try setting it to use IOS 60 or 70. You'll have to go through a few of them to get to it cause its not in numerical order. GL and happy new year
biggrin.gif
!

What if it doesnt sa ES identif error ??
Can I just install the system menu wad from wad manager???

Also once I install the wad from wad manager will i have to do the modify thing a ma bober process again .?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol