Not open for further replies.

KaiserDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have an idea for SSBB.
Can someone find the value that force them game to be limited to 1 smashball at any moment and then see what happens if say 2 lucarios do a final smash at the same time
biggrin.gif

Oh and perhaps we can make it where custom levels can be used online(providing all members have the given level)

And this just came to mind, you know how masterpieces have a time limit, what about taking that time limit off, then seeing what file is the trail VC and see if it can be replaces with another VC game

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody has to have a look at getting No More Heroes working on PAL.

So we don't have to play the crappy censored version!

Is it possible to remove region checks?

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm since I never tried a non working US/JPN game on my PAL console:
What exactly does happen when you try to boot the game?

EDIT: Okay I found it in the NMH thread: Disc gets recognized in the disc channel; black screen after boot.
I think the problem is that at the moment nobody has the faintest idea why these games don't work.
And it will require some hard work to find that out I expect.

Mooshywooshy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I replaced all the update files on Wii Chess with the US files and it didnt fix, however it always asks for a system update, even right after I updated, so i update, then it will let me play the game, but if i eject then put the disc back in it will update again.

I wonder if there is a way that we could replace the weather channel/news channel files with VC games xD then we could just install VC games lol.. if it were only that easy.

I'm gonna take a look at the difference between the US version of No More Heroes and the JP version. That way we can see if it is possible to have blood in the PAL version by switching files with the US version.

Mooshywooshy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I guess it goes through the update.inf and scans all the files it lists, and if there is something on there that you don't have it will trigger an update. Since I replaced the EU channels with US channels, it triggers an update everytime because it sees that I dont have the EU channels. But since it updates with US channels it will forever update those channels.
The problem is, it only updates what isnt there, so need to figure out how to edit the systemmenu so it thinks that my Wii doesnt already have it.
Does that make sense?
unsure.gif

In short
hate2.gif

EmptyWords

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I extracted the main.dol from SMG and opened it with ultraedit what exactly does change byte in offset 0x4C0CCB from 0C to 04 mean I have no idea can some one tell me what I am changing exactly and to what???

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmptyWords said:
I extracted the main.dol from SMG and opened it with ultraedit what exactly does change byte in offset 0x4C0CCB from 0C to 04 mean I have no idea can some one tell me what I am changing exactly and to what???

Open the main.dol file and make sure you're viewing in hex mode, if not, press ctrl+h. Now, use the goto line command (ctrl+g) and type in 0x4C0CCB into the box and press enter to get to the line you need to edit. You will see it says:
3C 03 F8 00 28 00 00 00 40 82 00 0C 38 60 00 01
Now just change that one piece from 0C to 04 and save and you're done with the editing of main.dol.

shadyboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
ohmy.gif
cry.gif

anyone even tought on trying to remove the f****ng region shit code ?
I am almost at a nervous breakdown coz I wanna play NMH

well the manhunt 2 code helps to calm me down, but I am want to find out how to change the region of the iso...

n00bish wish: I hope in the future that the program will be very just some mouse clicks and the things will be done...
like, "remove region code" button, or maybe an "remove update" ..... hehe
smile.gif

pgon69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I'm new here and I've parsed this whole thread. And I have a question : do you need a wii to run wii games ? lol

Thanks all, I've tested on a Wii PAL 3.1E with a wiikey that has never been updated (i.e. wiikey firmware is something like 1.2)
The following patches and results:
1) SMG: removal of drive check => works great
2) SSBB single iso (i.e. single layer DVD): removal of drive check + _update.inf patch from Prophet to avoid duplicate channels + region free with WIU => the wii update didn't do dual channels, the wii is not bricked (can still modify wii parameters etc), the drive check is ok, etc, works great. Just don't forget to set the wii tv parameters to 50Hz :-)
3) wii chess: I also applied the drive check to Wii Chess and it works

As I haven't seen it yet on this forum : For Wii Chess: search for hex string "3C 03 F8 00 28 00 00 00 40 82 00 0C 38 60 00 01" and replace 0C by 04 as usual. I didn't write down the offset address.

Lain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just explain me something about these keys. These keys are unique to each Wii Disc or are they the same between games? As for exemple, will 2 Super Mario Galaxy original wii discs have the same key?

LOTG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
pgon69 said:
Hi all,
I'm new here and I've parsed this whole thread. And I have a question : do you need a wii to run wii games ? lol

Thanks all, I've tested on a Wii PAL 3.1E with a wiikey that has never been updated (i.e. wiikey firmware is something like 1.2)
2) SSBB single iso (i.e. single layer DVD): removal of drive check + _update.inf patch from Prophet to avoid duplicate channels + region free with WIU => the wii update didn't do dual channels, the wii is not bricked (can still modify wii parameters etc), the drive check is ok, etc, works great. Just don't forget to set the wii tv parameters to 50Hz :-)

As I haven't seen it yet on this forum : For Wii Chess: search for hex string "3C 03 F8 00 28 00 00 00 40 82 00 0C 38 60 00 01" and replace 0C by 04 as usual. I didn't write down the offset address.

No you don't need a Wii, you can just shove the discs up your ass and it will work. You won't even need a modchip!

knightx

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
LOTG said:
pgon69 said:
Hi all,

No you don't need a Wii, you can just shove the discs up your ass and it will work. You won't even need a modchip!

The problem of being ironic is that some people just don't get it...

Posts merged

QUOTE(shadyboy @ Mar 3 2008, 04:59 AM)
ohmy.gif
cry.gif

well the manhunt 2 code helps to calm me down, but I am want to find out how to change the region of the iso...

n00bish wish: I hope in the future that the program will be very just some mouse clicks and the things will be done...
smile.gif

Fear no more... the freeloader is here, everyone can import their NMH copies now...
link: freeloader

LOTG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
knightx said:
LOTG said:
pgon69 said:
Hi all,

The problem of being ironic is that some people just don't get it...

Posts merged

QUOTE(shadyboy @ Mar 3 2008, 04:59 AM)
ohmy.gif
cry.gif

smile.gif

Fear no more... the freeloader is here, everyone can import their NMH copies now...
link: freeloader

Evidently since you don't see it in mine.

After reading the modchip question on almost every page I found posting an ironic answer to an ironic question would be funny.

Also he has a modded Wii so I guess he has atleast some brainfunctions that tell him what's possible and not.

Btw, the freeloader is not out yet. Datel stated soon which could be any time between now and the end of this year knowing software developers (me beeing one of them
unsure.gif
)

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to look at the different region codes etc., but I really need a main.dol file from a PAL version of SMG. Would anyone be able to *point* me in the right direction? (I apologize in advance if this is forbidden) - I already have main.dol files from NTSC-U and J and don't really want to have to get hold of another version
tongue.gif

knightx

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mwaddoups said:
I'm trying to look at the different region codes etc., but I really need a main.dol file from a PAL version of SMG. Would anyone be able to *point* me in the right direction? (I apologize in advance if this is forbidden) - I already have main.dol files from NTSC-U and J and don't really want to have to get hold of another version
tongue.gif

I have this file at home. If you can wait about 5 hours... I can send it to you.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pgon69 said:
Hi all,

The hex address for the Wii Chess Drive Check fix is :

File : main.dol from partition 2 , offset 0x0c9613h, change 0C to 04 removes Error 001

Akion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Errrhhhmmm, What about No More Heroes [USA]??

Can be patched to work on PAL?? I hate our censored version.

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mooshywooshy said:
OMG I have an idea, cant we like, patch the USA version of No More Heroes to work on PAL!?
tpi.gif
Depends if someone can do it on a JPN NMH ISO.
Then it would be possible on PAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1