Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have much time to try these out but:
Pokemon Wii:
Find a way to enable bad eggs, or modify which pokemon you receive as an egg.
Medal of Honor:
These would probably be cheating, but change the values of ammo, health, etc.
Super Paper Mario:
Heard there was some DS connectivity...

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
http://www.amnoid.de/gc/
unpack with yaz0dec to rarc archive
unpack rarc with rarcdump
you will get the files

the problem I am having now is that
I have a yaz0 packer
but I cant find any program to pack a rarc

If you look at the archive format spec here:
http://www.amnoid.de/gc/rarc.txt

You'll notice that it's different from the files we're looking at. Those begin with "RARC" while ours begin with "ARC" it's possible that the format changed slightly, like adding compression, possibly.

However, we should be able to slightly adapt this format spec... I'll look into it today.

Edit: Fah! I keep getting "Could not replace file (code 6)" when I try to edit the update partitions (Tried 3-4 discs, personal dump and scene). Anyone have any ideas?

actually there are 2 types of .arc files
1 which I can use the Revolution SDK tool to extact and pack
the other 1 is yaz0+RARC
which I got the yaz0 encoder and decoder, also the RARC decoder (from http://www.amnoid.de/gc/)
but what I lack is a RARC encoder
I cant put things back together....

the multiex commander thing keeps throwing errors at me....

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Medal of Honor:
These would probably be cheating, but change the values of ammo, health, etc.

hmm, I hope this app doesn't allow a whole online cheating community to emerge. I quite enjoy online gaming on my wii.

I stopped playing online games on the PC because of 'see through walls' and all the other gubbins that killed it all.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
No need to buy DL dvds to play the full brawl now!

Also... possiblity of allowing PBR/SSB to be haxed so you can upload saves to SD card?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, cheating online is bound to spread. Granted, this is much harder to do than simply plugging in an Action Replay, but if people are that committed to winning all of the time, they may not let anything get in their way. =\

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Maybe we can translate SSBB JAP to US with Trucha and keep the JAP save file!!!

Just open SSBB JAP and replace ALL files in 2nd PARTITION/ROOT with all SSBB'US PARTITION/ROOT files.

Maybe the game will boot as JAP SSBB with your save file but the game will be in english.

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll be very interested to see if region locking can be modified, desperate to play No More Heroes on PAL.

NaTaS69

Trophies
Website
gba-tavern.pt.vu
XP
Country
Ive opened the Galaxy (PAL) main.dol in several applications and i can find 4C0CB8 and 4C0CD2...... but no 4C0CCB ??

Any ideas? I wanna try the no drive check on one of my Wii's

Maybe is for the JAP/USA version.

He really doesn't specify...

bow.gif

Just found this main.dol on an spanish forum (elotrolado) and is working on my Wii.

http://natas002.planetaclix.pt/main.rar

Wii PAL (set to english), FW 3.0E (updated when SMG was released), Wiifree 2.45 and SMG Scene PAL

Some users are saying that isn't working for them. Here works fine.
bow.gif

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The people with the 001 error on Brawl should do the same thing as some people did with SMG, that could fix it.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
Has anyone tried to remove the limit on the VC games inside of SSBB? Or even maybe replace the VC games?

I am not sure how it works, but does SSBB just like have the ROM of zelda OOT inside of it running on an emulator? (like the GC special disk?)

If so, maybe you could change the game?
I don't think so, because from the screenshots they seemed modified.

c4T

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SMG fix works for me (WiiKey 1.9b, Wii Firmware 3.2E)

i wanted to fix my SSBB like i did with SMG but in the main.dol of SSBB the drive detection must have another offset
Anyone around here who knows how i can disable drive detection on SSBB?

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, cheating online is bound to spread. Granted, this is much harder to do than simply plugging in an Action Replay, but if people are that committed to winning all of the time, they may not let anything get in their way. =\

Very true. I mean it's a fantastic app and it's the reason I modded my console for the homebrew stuff. I used to love delving about in hex editors back in the Amiga days so I'll enjoy just messing about with this but potentially it's an online game killer.

Does anyone know how what would happen if say you modified your MOH weapon to one bullet kill an opponent and went online with the hack. Your game code would think that one bullet is enough to kill but the person you killed, his game would think that at least 4 bullets is needed to kill. On your game he would die but on his he would be still alive?

Same with the Mario Strikers hack on here to speed the players up. What would happen online if your opponent's game hasn't got the speed hack? Would you teleport about?

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
I read on another board someone switched the PAL tracks of "Dragon Ball Z - Budokai Tenkaichi 3" with the JAP ones. Providing the originals tracks from the anime on the PAL release.

Anyone know if it's true ? Could someone give me a step by step on how to do if I got the 2 ISO on my drive plz ? ^^

Mienaikage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a longshot, but do you think it will be possible to have assist trophies as alt costumes for characters? I'd love to see a Shadow costume for Sonic.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how what would happen if say you modified your MOH weapon to one bullet kill an opponent and went online with the hack. Your game code would think that one bullet is enough to kill but the person you killed, his game would think that at least 4 bullets is needed to kill. On your game he would die but on his he would be still alive?
It depends on if things are handled on the client or server side. If EA were smart (they're not
tongue.gif
), they would have made the server decide everything, including how much bullet damage is done. This is how it's done in PC games, and perhaps EA just ported some PC netcode to the Wii. Anyway, you'd have to try it to find out.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have sorted my problem
smile.gif
, i am just about to burn my edited SMG ISO , fingers crossed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, should i make an essay about why i hate the term unalive?